Any decks that make you feel frustrated?

+
Nilfgard deck in game mode twin spells I always liked to watch cards appear out of nowhere and when he plays a card echo puts one card and then 3 more appear and then the same again and from 10 points it gets 40 (assimilation and reinforcement of the card that he played and the two cards that appeared after he placed the card) where in the last round you have 3 cards in your hand 4 if you win the previous round And of course you can't do anything because you have all cards blocked

I only feel frustrated because i only start 40% of my games zero balance with startup.
and many people playing the same and the same . some top decks copied from twitch.

Last edited:
Viy is lame for sure. I always play NG so I'm usually ready with lots of locks and mill stuff. I find keeping mandrake on hand is a very satisfying finisher if everything works out at the end... Love it!

ST traps is super duper extra annoying. I usually just drop a "you waste my time" taunt and forfeit... Ain't nobody got time for that :)

probably someone has already mentioned it, but the dwarf deck is unwinnable if you play North like me

There's a sy deck that made me feel i was going to win and in the last 2 turns of the last round while I had a plus 50 point and was sure i was going to win, he salamanders me twice and whipped the whole board... He won with a 4 point card on the board and i got 0 points .. that's an evil thing to do lol

You can find the deck on youtube and try it yourself. I got surprised the first time then I went to try it. It is actually not that easy to win with it especially if you do not have last say. It is a lot of fun if you do pull it off.

Experienced players will know how to deal with it hence it is not a common deck on ladder. After playing a few games with it, you can stop and now you also know how to deal with it.

To be honest, I don't mind playing against any deck. Clog, mill, traps, Viy - they are all a part of Gwent for me, and I'm okay that they exist. The only time I get somehow frustrated is when I face the same deck over and over again. 2 or 3 months ago, it was the Lined Pockets Cleaver/Drill combo. I understand using that deck in pro rank, but I faced it constantly, even in non-ranked games. That was one of the very few occasions when I felt frustrated. Non-ranked (now Training) was supposed to be a place to play new, original, meme-like decks and not using Tier 1 lists for easy wins. Other than that, I can't really complain; there are so many playable decks in each faction.

The advantage of playing against the decks listed in this thread is that you know what to expect from the very beginning. If you play against Kolgrim, you know you will need purify/tall removal. If you play against mill, you know you have to push for 2:0, similar for traps (so the opponent has to use his Vernossiel/Eldain). They might be frustrating to a certain extent, but they are not so difficult to address.

This new NG deck is in fashion... and is very frustrating and powerfull (at least imo).

Ball, Joachim, CdG, Usurper, Braathens, VVM, Yen Invo, Gorthur, cantarella and the new blightmaker combo, in addtion with locks and poison And Emprisonnemnt leader.

Disgusting... BUT the most annoying, by far, is that everybody seems to play it, I just encouter it 5 times in a row, with around 40% avarage ! :cry:

(some exemple of this deck that make me sick and vomitting ):giveup:

Any seasonal deck that everybody figured out ages ago as to be working best (for example, Balls in Patience is Virtue). I am frustrated when I see in every second game someone thinks they are smart to play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I yet to comment. I absolutely hate Mills and second clog. Because of both these decks, I hate NG now.

I started with playing NG ball actually . That was the time it was possible to play it twice.

Mill was very weak then and you usually cannot win with it and hence not that many people try BUT now you absolutely can win with Mill which makes me hate it more.

I also dislike that now we have too many control cards and they are too powerful till the point where boost usually cannot win games. I prefer boost than damage.

I've been stuck in rank 4 for a while and had a run against a few of the so called meta decks lately. So I wanted to ask if there are other decks that make you feel frustrated to the point that you think that winning is impossible?

Mi top three are:
- Lined Pokets on Cleaver + Tunnel Drill strategy
- Any Skellige using Covenant of Steel + Sukrus + Arnaghad
- Most Enslave decks, with a good placed Invocation + Damien de la Tour

To clarify, I don't intend to open a discussion on how to win against these, or unbalanced mechanichs that will never be completely fixed, nor try hards using only popular decks or any other thing related to typical complains on the game or community. There are enough posts about that with all sorts of views on the matter.

I only want to share the feeling, so, any other examples come to mind? which for NR and ST? any that are not that popular right now?
Kolgrim ! I stopped playing because of this **** Card. I'll reviste only after seeing this stopped Card nerfed. Either you have the counter to Kolgrim and you win or you don't and you lose. It's like playing rock, paper, sissors for 20 Minutes...

Yet I'm annoyed by the number of the decks, since for different reasons I've made several decks from all factions.
CDPR would be really nice to make an option to can choose if the player wants to see the decks as now, or categorized by factions. Thanks you.

There's a sy deck that made me feel i was going to win and in the last 2 turns of the last round while I had a plus 50 point and was sure i was going to win, he salamanders me twice and whipped the whole board... He won with a 4 point card on the board and i got 0 points .. that's an evil thing to do lol
Reminds me of Kambi/Hemdal and savage bear back in beta... My personal forever favorite way to beat MO swarm. I used to routinely have my opponent mercy-pass, up by 60 or 80 points with 2 cards left in the 3rd. I can only imagine their "oops" face when the golden chicken came out :)
SY is always annoying, though. I hate everything about that faction

The new SY Jackpot deck is just ridiculously powerful. Whoever thought that removing the overprofiting concern from SY was a good idea needs to re-think that. SY ALREADY had possibly the top deck with Lined Pockets, and the Jackpot deck is even more powerful. Pointslam AND removal, and their units generally can't be removed with bronze damage specials because they are immediately boosted. The Caesar Blitzen/Sigi combo is particularly broken.

Agree Machiara; this deck is unbelievably powerful. It's on par or perhaps even more powerful than Lined Pockets in its heyday. I really like that we have new options with Syndicate but this deck dwarves all other choices in that faction. I'm currently playing a pretty nice Off the Books deck with a mix of bounty and tribute cards. It's quite versatile and can beat decks from many factions, but I just can't keep up point-wise with that new Jackpot invention. It's highly competitive, and there is no surprise that it's so prevalent in ranked games, but, for heaven's sake, people play it in the Training mode as well...

Top Bottom