Any fresh ideas for Monster decks since patch? I've been running harpies

+
Any fresh ideas for Monster decks since patch? I've been running harpies

You guys want to talk shop? With the cards I own, this deck has been doing pretty well so far. They just can't deal with the str most of the time, and can't remove in time. Just a utility deck that doesn't need big combos that can be disrupted.

Also I'm really liking the new tremors. It's dominant.

Not sure if this counts as fresh, but I've been enjoying leaving monstrous Vran Warriors on the field between rounds now that the Nekkers it consumes aren't factored into the Monsters' passive.

I am playing with harpies deck as well. Though I use Arachas Behemoths + other devourers to flood the battlefield a little more and also run Ge'els and regular Yennefer for huge power swings.

NlelithZ44;n8219020 said:
I am playing with harpies deck as well. Though I use Arachas Behemoths + other devourers to flood the battlefield a little more and also run Ge'els and regular Yennefer for huge power swings.

I think I'll trade a legendary to get yennifer as well. Even without arachas, it works.

ElectroBlade;n8218540 said:
Not sure if this counts as fresh, but I've been enjoying leaving monstrous Vran Warriors on the field between rounds now that the Nekkers it consumes aren't factored into the Monsters' passive.

I've just unlocked ranked and have gone 4-0 with these wonderful little beasties ;)
I'm sure it won't continue, but in the mean time it's nice.

I'm somewhat new, but I've been experimenting with a kind of hybrid consume deck with Nithral - I've climbed from around 2600 MMR to 3600 MMR in the past 2-3 days or so though so it's been working pretty well. Will see how far it takes me.

http://www.gwentdb.com/deckbuilder/...:2:3;50091:2:2;50195:2:1;50198:4:1;50199:4:1;

I really like Nithral because scorch is about the only thing that removes him immediately when you play him on turn 1, so you'll almost always get a lot of value out of Nithral since it's exceedingly rare to not draw at least 1 wild hunt rider or king of beggars (KoB isn't truly necessary, but I like having him largely because it lets me mulligan away my wild hunt riders freely, and if for whatever reason I don't play wild hunt riders round 1 I don't get screwed over by drawing into 1 of them if I mulliganed them away too).

Regis might seem a bit random - more or less he virtually always gets played round 2 to make round 3 easier instead of trying for card advantage. I considered Avallach, but ultimately I don't think this deck values card advantage highly enough to want to use him (I figure getting 10 extra power on the board for round 3 is about as good as being a card up on the opponent anyway in most matchups, or at least the difference isn't so big to be worth the 14 power difference in round 2). You need to be a bit careful with the Katakan and Regis if you have Caranthir in hand, but you can usually find an opportunity to play them in different rounds or worst case scenario consume them before playing Caranthir. I don't have a very big collection though so I haven't had a lot of freedom to experiment with different card choices still.

dbzlolwtf;n8219490 said:
I've just unlocked ranked and have gone 4-0 with these wonderful little beasties ;)
I'm sure it won't continue, but in the mean time it's nice.

It's a pretty vulnerable unit, but I recently hit rank 11 with it the other day so keep consuming to your heart's content. <3

Thought I'd give an update on my deck - I switched several cards around and switched the hero to Ge'els - I've gotten up to 4290 MMR so far so it seems to be at least reasonably competitive. It's been performing well against pretty much everything except for scoia'tael (but that's a bit of a problem for me as that seems to be the most common opponent at these ranks). I think I can still climb a bit higher with this decklist, but I think this deck might get stuck around the 4500 MMR range or so if I had to guess - but then, I've never actually played at high ranks before so that's more a gut feeling than anything.

The new decklist: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/15727-consume-wild-hunt-hybrid

I just started, are there any variances of this deck that a new player could try? I am pretty sure I do not have any of those gold cards. And very few of those silver cards. I started with ST, but I am going Monsters next.

SnaxOnSnax;n8253310 said:
I just started, are there any variances of this deck that a new player could try? I am pretty sure I do not have any of those gold cards. And very few of those silver cards. I started with ST, but I am going Monsters next.

Weather monsters are a good starter deck - they are cheap in scraps and have a good matchup against other low-level decks.

I refuse to run weather. Its a complete bitch move, you can either counter it or you lose to it.

Currently running a weather-less (apart from Caranthir), control Wild Hunt deck. It doesn't win every game, but it usually does decently.

Dagon/foglets deck pretty good. Only trick is, collecting as many cards that let you play/re-play fog as possible. Right now i have 7 ways of summoning fog, and can play it up to 7 times during match. Now it mostly feels like i can still beat weather cleaning. But if you have just 3 fogs and Dagon himself - you will have hard time keeping foglets on table.

Top Bottom