Any Good Deck friends ? [ New Patch ]

+
Any Good Deck friends ? [ New Patch ]

Hello.. Trying to make good deck but loosing against almost every other faction :( Ng is having too many counters now, plus St is far superior in spells & dwarfs.

Please if anyone having good deck do share.. Thanks

Well, you can use Greatswords and Longships, after 8 turns if u are lucky you can achieve the same amount of power that other factions can put on the board in 2 turns ^___^'.

U can play with some of the new cards, like the old tired and slightly depressed guy that gives veteran +1 to some random cards. Combined with Axemen, Harpooners and an opponent that play all his cards in the right row you can still lose the game pretty easily ;) .

"Jokes" aside, I'm still trying to figure it out, at the moment SK seems a mess.

Last edited:
Yesterday I had a bit of luck using Restore to put in hand a 15str Greatsword and then immediately discard it again with Svanrige, Pirate Captains buffed to 19, called 1 of them with Crach at 22. But again, you need luck and it's slow/unreliable.

Last edited:
"wound your own units" archetype has a LOT of cards, a lot more than a 25 card deck could use. however, they don't make a viable deck in any combination. what's up with that!

scorba;n9435211 said:
"wound your own units" archetype has a LOT of cards, a lot more than a 25 card deck could use. however, they don't make a viable deck in any combination. what's up with that!

archetypes are there but problem is all needs so much time & compare to other factions tempo not a single archetype of sk is currently working at least for me :/ :(

l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n9435631 said:
archetypes are there but problem is all needs so much time & compare to other factions tempo not a single archetype of sk is currently working at least for me :/ :(

yeah, not for me either. that's my biggest complaint, that even though all the cards are there, in fact: a lot more than a deck needs for a given archetype, it just fails to work. how did that happen?

l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n9407531 said:
Hello.. Trying to make good deck but loosing against almost every other faction :( Ng is having too many counters now, plus St is far superior in spells & dwarfs.

Please if anyone having good deck do share.. Thanks

Discard is still very strong post-patch. SK has always been a bit slow to build points round one (depending on the deck build your running). but I've had good results in ranked against all the factions current decks.

magecutter;n9439081 said:
Discard is still very strong post-patch. SK has always been a bit slow to build points round one (depending on the deck build your running). but I've had good results in ranked against all the factions current decks.

You have a decklist? Im currently using one Lifecoach came up with on stream (i know, filthy netdecker)

TrailerJoe;n9456261 said:
You have a decklist? Im currently using one Lifecoach came up with on stream (i know, filthy netdecker)

sure, here ya go.

leader - king bran

gold - madman lugos, cerys, ... your choice on the other 2

silver - donar an hindar, sigrdrifa, marigolds hailstorm, decoy, olgierd, morkvarg.

bronze - pirate captains x3, clan dimun pirate x3, priestess of freya x3, war longship x2, an craite greatsword x2.

not 25 cards but you can fill in with what you feel is best.

the idea is to bran cerys, olgierd, morkvarg together (choose cerys first, so the other 2 will start her timer). also, always discard your highest card last so the captains gain the highest value for round 3.

you could add 1 high value card as a target for lugos late game which will buff the captains higher.

this deck has problems against hard core weather and some ST decks fyi but am making changes to deal with them... I hope :)

Having a great time in ranked with greatswords around rank 10 so far, running 20w-10l with 6-7l being disconnections. I'm running crach with coral igni, eskel, ermion, 3 clan brokvar hunters, 3 GS, 3ships, 3 freyas, 3 drummond shieldmaidens. For silvers i have donar, merrigold's hail, restore, siegdrifa, gremist, morkvarg. Let's see how it gets when i go higher.

After the latest hotfix patch I'm having a hard time coming up with a competitive deck using Harald or Crach. Nothing so far is working. Every other faction has high tempo cards while everything for SK requires set up that is easily shut down. I can always go back to my QG/Discard deck that I used in the last patch but I want to try something new using the new cards but nothing so far. SK has moved down the bottom of the totem pole now.

The_def_star;n9503571 said:
After the latest hotfix patch I'm having a hard time coming up with a competitive deck using Harald or Crach. Nothing so far is working. Every other faction has high tempo cards while everything for SK requires set up that is easily shut down. I can always go back to my QG/Discard deck that I used in the last patch but I want to try something new using the new cards but nothing so far. SK has moved down the bottom of the totem pole now.

I've been climbing with Harald/Axeman pretty well, already on the 3,400 mmr and I haven't played much lately.
If you like that deck I can recomend you to run Dorregaray since he is the only way for SK to move units on your side of the board and he might also be good for a Crach/Greatsword deck.
Also Harpooners are essential for Axeman now thanks to the big nerf they received and they are also good in most SK decks for the value they can generate since they can move or kill opposing units wich is very usefull in a lot of matchups.
And if you want to play some Queensguard Swimm made a list that is sort of competitive so you might want to try that one and see how it performs though I prefer to stay away from Queensguard since it can be very match dependat and the mulligans are some of the worst in the entire game.

:cheers4:

Thanks for the tips! I have been having much better luck since I added more whether to my deck and will definitely add Dorregay as I forgot he has the ability to move units especially when I have weather on the board. But I still have trouble against ST and NG. Trying find the best counters for all the buffing they do on their units.

Top Bottom