Any good strategies against NG Viper Witchers with ST or NR?

+
Sailears;n10329792 said:
Oh I agree.

This card is hands down my most hated card in the game given it counters any kind of engine card that requires on board presence to do anything. Dragoons, Marksmen, Smugglers, Farseers - anything that has to stay on the board is instantly nuked by this ******* card.

And they can use Ointment to res...

Nothing in this game bothers me much on an emotional level, but these assassin's creed wannabes one-shotting so many archetype defining cards without any effort or setup other than building a (perfectly synergistic) deck around them is utter bull. Event their voice lines **** me off... "We follow Letho's lead" - well go and... (I don't want to get banned so will leave the rest up to imagination)

I'm getting to the point of instant forfeit any time I see one of these viper witchers put down on the board because they trigger me so hard. Actually the whole NG faction triggers me. Enforcers are almost as bad as these *******.

In fact I feel like playing a deck that hard counters NG and NG only - I don't care about losing to other factions if it means ******* those ******* with their cheap and brainless tactics.

/rant (yeah it felt good)

Yes I agree completely, have written basically the same thing a couple different times but had to erase it all because I would have been banned so THANK YOU for your carefully worded rant.

Here are some tips:
- I usually row stack to reduce the Vesemir + expired ale power swing
- Play your minions on the same row of Cantarella to reduce expired ale damage.
- Keep your Mandrake for Calveit or, in some cases, healing Cantarella after being hit by a viper Witcher for a ~16 play.
- always keep an eye out for the vipers in the graveyard and the # of ointments they have left.
- If you know the opponent has ointments left and you see a viper on board, do not kill it (especially, if your hand has important targets for the opponent's viper). This will not allow them to use the ointment to ress the viper for a 15 (typically) point play.
- Minimize first round duration; do not let them thin their deck with Vicovaro Novices.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom