Any idea on how multiple character saves will work?

+
For instance, when loading a save file, The Outer Worlds just has all your saves jumbled together. If you have multiple characters you have to hunt for a name through what could potentially be a list of 20-30 saves. Fallout 4 on the other hand, has character slot saves. You can back out of your most recently played and see the names of the characters you have, select that file, then choose what save you want to load. Heck, maybe we'll just have 3 save slots built in like classic LoZ. IDK.

Do we know how CP2077 will handle multiple character saves? I know it's a fairly minor thing, but once people start running multiple playthroughs with different builds, I imagine having a way of sorting characters would be amazing compared to a giant, jumbled list.

Hopefully, its similar to how MMO's work. Maybe, give us three, four, or even five slots.

We know that the save files specify which life path they are connected to. So that's a bare minimum unless you have multiple characters doing the same life path.

Hopefully there's different profiles but if not then hopefully there's a screenshot next to the save as I can usually find a way to recognize saves by the screenshot it takes. Lastly it's down to dates and time.. surely it'll have a time stamp. If it has none of those things then I guess PC players would still have the option of making multiple save folders but console folks would be screwed.

I heard the save slots are tied with lifepaths you choose, like, 3 lifepaths-3 save slots. But what if i want to make 2 different characters with the same lifepath?

Vronos

Forum regular
No idea how it is gonna work but I can already think of a workaround, although it is obviously less convenient than a native, in-game solution to this:

Create separate folders for each playthrough in your save file location and whenever you boot up the game and whenever you close it, pull/put your current playthrough’s save files out of/back into its folder. So, say, you have three folders for Nomad, Street Kid and Corpo. Each folder has the save files in it. Before starting the game you would move the files of the playthrough you wanna play this time out of its folder into the (otherwise empty) main save game folder in which you have the subfolders located. Then, after you are done, you put them back into their subfolder so the main folder is otherwise empty again and ready for when you next start up the game.

Hope that description gives you the right idea of what I mean. Again, this would obviously be somewhat inconvenient as you probably could not switch those files around while running the game and you would have to restart it but it would be better than no sorting at all if they were natively just all jumbled together in the game without you being able to easily distinguish between them.

For instance, when loading a save file, The Outer Worlds just has all your saves jumbled together. If you have multiple characters you have to hunt for a name through what could potentially be a list of 20-30 saves. Fallout 4 on the other hand, has character slot saves. You can back out of your most recently played and see the names of the characters you have, select that file, then choose what save you want to load. Heck, maybe we'll just have 3 save slots built in like classic LoZ. IDK.

Do we know how CP2077 will handle multiple character saves? I know it's a fairly minor thing, but once people start running multiple playthroughs with different builds, I imagine having a way of sorting characters would be amazing compared to a giant, jumbled list.
Probarly would be a lot of stuff to add as "asked for features" after release also.

Create separate folders for each playthrough in your save file location and whenever you boot up the game and whenever you close it, pull/put your current playthrough’s save files out of/back into its folder.
Sadly, that is only a solution for PC players and even then it's a huge hassle to constantly be swapping save files in and out if you get the itch to go back and forth. My concern was primarily with the state of saves on console.

We know each save file will be labeled with the life path so very likely how skyrim worked with a folder being created per character/play-through.

I hope it is at least Male Nomad, female Street etc as I hope to make at least 6 runs 3 male and 3 female one for each lifepath

Top Bottom