Any mod or tweak to remove more of the HUD?

+
I find the interface in the game to be very intrusive, especially the icons that appear on the screen for mission directives or for shops etc. But also the icons over enemies and their detection meters etc. I have tried to turn every option off in the menu but they are still there. Is it possible to tweak some ini file etc or is there any modder out there yet that have been able to remove these? (Or better yet, have them on a toggle function)

Just go to options and you can turn individual HUD elements off.

Hm did you read my post? I have turned them all off. But there is still elements present. Mainly mission icons, icons for shops etc, and icons over enemies.

In best case scenario I would like to toggle the HUD on and off with a button. But at the very least I would like to hide them permanently if possible.

IVIX1

Forum regular
This is my ONE thing I cant do in games... ALWAYS ON hud and objective indicators take all immersion and ruin experience for me. I hope they'll add an option asap, or that they're at least willing to say "yes we'll add it". Options please!

I find the interface in the game to be very intrusive, especially the icons that appear on the screen for mission directives or for shops etc. But also the icons over enemies and their detection meters etc. I have tried to turn every option off in the menu but they are still there. Is it possible to tweak some ini file etc or is there any modder out there yet that have been able to remove these? (Or better yet, have them on a toggle function)
right

This is my ONE thing I cant do in games... ALWAYS ON hud and objective indicators take all immersion and ruin experience for me. I hope they'll add an option asap, or that they're at least willing to say "yes we'll add it". Options please!

Yes, I just don't understand really how it is possible to make an option menu with this many options but still leave some out. It is strange to me that this has not become standard in games yet and that all developers understand that HUD elements do lessen the immersion and the cinematic experience. To be honest it seems that this is mostly something Playstation has understood as many of their exlusive titles do HUD management very well where the HUD fades away or you can toggle it on for a brief period and then it vanish. Like in games like Last of Us 2 and God of War for example. But of course it is also possible in many other games, for example Red Dead Redemption 2 etc. To me it is very wierd how you spend years and years to make this huge beliviable world you step into and the goal is to make the player believe in this world and like it is real and they are in there. But then you have all these icons over everything to really remind you all the time that no, you are just playing a game. It is very strange to me.

It is even stranger in a game like Cyberpunk, since the whole thing with cyborgs etc would make it possible to integrate the HUD in a way that actualy felt like it was part of the world.

+1 Mission markers and floating icons are the devils work. PLEASE patch in an option for this sooner rather than later, it is severely destroying the immersion and enjoyment of the game.

Yes I think I am actually going to shelf the game today to wait until this is fixed :/ I just feel annoyance when playing with all this :( For me it is especially the eye markers for detection over enemies that ruins my immersion the most

I hope it will be fixed though, but I have not heard CD red comment on this anywhere?

Dear cd projekt red,
please add an option for this floationg yellow icon to toggle off.
Dzienkuje bardzo.

And option to turn off markers above enemies heads
And option to turn off the icon in the bottom right
And option to disable how the camera auto-corrects and automatically snaps forward when driving even if you want to look another way
And option to play without subtitles, but still display subtitles when NPC talks in foreign languages
And option to only display the loot icons when holding down the scan button
And option to turn off the white floating icons

And option to turn off markers above enemies heads
And option to turn off the icon in the bottom right
And option to disable how the camera auto-corrects and automatically snaps forward when driving even if you want to look another way
And option to play without subtitles, but still display subtitles when NPC talks in foreign languages
And option to only display the loot icons when holding down the scan button
And option to turn off the white floating icons
And my axe!
Oh, sorry, I mean, yeah, all of this!

Moving the HUD around would be nice too. I play on triple monitor and need to look all the way left/right to see the hud. Would be nice for the game to know you're playing on multiple displays and just keep the hud on the center monitor.

Doubt the devs realese something soon.
7 years development, last year, 2019 Alvin Liu said there will be a hardcore mode with no UI. What happend last year? Did you guys get blackmailed by ubisoft?

My guess, they find it faster.

Last edited:
Doubt the devs realese something soon.
7 years development, last year, 2019 Alvin Liu said there will be a hardcore mode with no UI. What happend last year? Did you guys get blackmailed by ubisoft?

My guess, they find it faster.

Yes, the Hardcore Mode is also something I would like a comment on and what happened to it. Considering the main thing advertised with the Hardcore Mode was the clean interface it is even stranger how bad the interface is now. The Hardcore Mode indicate that they DO understand the immersivness of a clean interface, which makes the totally cluttered one we got with so many options left out look even more strange. Even though the Ubisoft comment might be a joke I am starting to wonder if there is some truth to that in that some clueless "business" person came in and steered it in this casual cluttered direction instead. The interface is really the complete opposite to "Hardcore" as it is now.

So, if you add "-noHUD" to your desktopshortcut it does work, but game not really playable because it hides things like dialougeoptions aswell.

So, if you add "-noHUD" to your desktopshortcut it does work, but game not really playable because it hides things like dialougeoptions aswell.

Yes I also tried this, but it hides crucual things like you said, dialogue options, button prompts and loot windows etc :/

I wish CD red could at least give us a quick fix like this with a console command to use in the meantime that does hide most of the HUD element but not the crucual ones like dialogue etc.

Top Bottom