Any modders or mod teams already ready to rumble?

+
Any modders or mod teams already ready to rumble?

hello to all the custom content creators,is anyone planing on modding the witcher seriously if the tools will finaly arrive. I´m already in planing stage, creating layouts and doing some model preparation. Just a general question ;)

Very interested if the Toolset will be released.. is it? Haven't actually had time to read news about this at all as have been spending all the time solving other problems with the game.

*vroom.....vroom*There are about thirty-five people here at DLA who ... might be :)While we are always interested in applications from talented artists - we are especially interested in recruiting a member who is fluent in both Polish and English and who has great familiarity with the novels. If they are familiar with the Witcher PnP RPG - even better. If you are that person - write me at rtrifts@roxidy.com

jp

Senior user
Yes, DLA is raring to go... but we also need access to the toolset to see what limits and expansions we will have.35+ people on the team, and all of us are playing the OC currently so we can get a better feel for how this CRPG works.Hint, right click to 'examine' is bad! Soo much past experience with NWN 1, where you right click everything... I keep zapping people and objects in The Witcher!I like the graphics abilities we will have this time around, although I expect that my QA work will be greatly increased due to being forced to build the entire area via max.As for a story, and/or mod, we have writing staff, artistic staff, modeling staff, scripters by the boatload, and a QA team. All we need now is a working toolset so we can dig right in. But we sincerely need someone that speaks and reads both Polish and English to join up. Be sure to contact Robet Trifts, via rtrifts@roxidy.com and discuss it with him.Great CRPG so far. I have not finished the OC yet, still plodding through the swamp... soo many creatures and side quests surrounding that area.

I'm waiting for it too. Perhaps the first thing I'll change is combat. Right now combat is too easy. Priority one is to nerf items and nerf HP for all creatures including Geralt. Priority two, if the tool lets you, is to make every single blow chainable, so it won't be as easy as click, wait for prompt, click again, you'll have to be faster, but the animations will be the same.

I'm actually more interested in filling in the gaps that the toolset will not provide.

JP said:
....I like the graphics abilities we will have this time around, although I expect that my QA work will be greatly increased due to being forced to build the entire area via max.....
Are you sure about this? There won't be a terrain editor which allows for simple painting of the terrain (textures etc.) and placing of prefabs/static meshes that come with the game? That would be quite a shame really.

Someone give me a jump button.Geralt is a famed monster slayer. His body has been more or less redesigned from his feet to his head.He should be able to jump, or at least climb over small ledges..

Well, I think that for non-polish players it's very important to have finally non-butchered dialogues (laugh all You want, Sapkowski's spirit is taken from the game atm), To me no jumping or no swimming is not a matter of live and death. But I'd gladly see some fixes in stalking/stealing area, now everything can be taken without asking.Anyway, back to chapter four... 8) 8)

Diademus, DLA... who's coming next - WoRm, Rosenkrantz?Can't wait to see what you guys make out of this, or if you at least take some inspiration over to NWN. *leans back with a grin*I can't wait to see the toolset and if it's as hard to learn as NWN2's I never got into. From the interview on TW's news I'm under the impression that it might become more user friendly. The only culprit is that I'd prefer to work on a multiplayer scenario, one thing I don't see happen in TW yet.

If anyone is interested I have been testing some simple re-colours of existing textures by just using the override folder structure that was used in NWN they seem to be working fine.I am just re-saving the copies of the new dds textures with the following settings: DTX5, ARGB, 8 bpp / Interpolated Alpha / 2d Texture / Generate 4 MIP Maps.

Yes it seems fine, I have a couple at the moment in the following structure:The Witcher\Data\Override\Badmagic_Geralt\filesThe Witcher\Data\Override\Badmagic_Triss\filesSo far all I tested was both Geralt and Triss face/hair colours + clothing but everything seems to display fine.***EDIT***Here are a couple of trimmed shots from the prologue of Triss with the simple re-colour I was talking about, I just made her hair a more intense and vivid “bottle” red, gave the eye makeup a red tint and tried to change the base clothing to a red velvet look rather than the default browns and grey leathers/hides.
Those re-coloured skins are both in the “Badmagic_Triss” directory I mentioned above.*END*EDIT*

Chrisso said:
Diademus, DLA... who's coming next - WoRm, Rosenkrantz?Can't wait to see what you guys make out of this, or if you at least take some inspiration over to NWN. *leans back with a grin*I can't wait to see the toolset and if it's as hard to learn as NWN2's I never got into. From the interview on TW's news I'm under the impression that it might become more user friendly. The only culprit is that I'd prefer to work on a multiplayer scenario, one thing I don't see happen in TW yet.
I think people will need to temper their expectations when it comes to modding TW. This is not NWN1 - and it's not even NWN2.That does not mean that it is a scripting horror; it's still aura nwscript based. But the art and level design requirements, according to published snippets, are going to be at a Varsity level. This is not going to prove to be a beginner's level modscene.That need not be a bad thing. But you do need to temper expectations.

Damn....and i was already thinking of making a mod myself... A kind of addon.A new character that would go through a small story besides Geralts one.... Wont be that easy huh?maybe they will make the Toolset more friendly in the end. Lets hope so.

Just discovered something odd, at a distance the textures don’t seem to display correctly and are partially transparent with strange highlights, looks like I will have to try a few different options as DTx5 is apparently not suitable, I did a quick test of DTx3 but it seemed to be the same.

Top Bottom