Any news about singleplayer campaign?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already sad insta buy for me cause love lore and want to support CDPR. But for free to play players there could be option to craft those extra cards but they should cost much more then regular craft cost, lets say 4 times more. That can sound a bit much but hey, every1 who played to like lvl40 or 50 got a lot extra resources. And well you are FTP so what you expect? You can't get them for free, otherwise not many ppl will buy Campaign - CDPR didn't get profit - game will start dying - ftp players will not play anymore cause game dead.
Unless they got some better solution for this.

Vaishar;n9348491 said:
Imo makes no sense the other way around. Why woud you force people to buy the campaing (if the cards are transferable you have to buy to be competitive) if they only want the multiplayer aspect which is free.

I will buy the campaign for the lore.

You're going to buy a free game? Cool story.

Gwent is free. Singleplayer will be free. There's never been any indication from CDPR the game would suddenly become NOT free to play and that includes the campaign. Not once have they ever said you'd have to pay for it. Where did you get that idea from????

Riven-Twain;n9362931 said:
Currently, we're still waiting for that information.

We're really not. Well, maybe YOU are but most of us already know since Gwent is free, it won't cost anything. Only kegs which are optional, cost anything

Vaishar;n9351581 said:
The single player campaign is like 10+ hours with alot of lore. So it's normal to have a price tag. I presume those 20 cards from buying the campaign will be available through normal ways like kegs or crafting for those that don't want to buy the story (just like those 20 cards we get every 2 months).

Again nope. Until I see concrete information that it's costing money I can only assume people are a little confused.

TheDyingScotsman;n9364481 said:
Gwent is free. Singleplayer will be free.
Devs confirmed campaigns won't be free back in 2016... There will be one free mini-campaign, though, IIRC. You could've at least google that before acting kinda agressive towards other users for knowing something you didn't.

TheDyingScotsman;n9364541 said:
Again nope. Until I see concrete information that it's costing money I can only assume people are a little confused.

Look at this article: https://theshotcaller.net/gwent-thr...real-money-will-feature-20-cards-multiplayer/ that's from the CDPR gamescom press conference.

A quote from it : "You will have to buy the campaign with real money, there will be no way to buy it with in-game currency. It hasn’t been disclosed how expensive the first campaign will be."

And if you watch the interview with Burza at gamescom you'll get this: "you buy this with normal currency and you unlock 20 cards". Normal currency is not in-game currency.

They stated that the campaign will cost money from the start of the closed beta so it's public news for a long time. Hope i'm confused in the end and you are right.

Anyone know if the requirements will be more/greater than simply gwent multiplayer. I think my laptop barely comes just under the requirments, but I can play it, so yay! But seeing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVaKXbSEqao it looks like it might have greater requirements..and it'll make me so sad if I cant play the game

TheDyingScotsman;n9364501 said:
We're really not. Well, maybe YOU are but most of us already know since Gwent is free, it won't cost anything. Only kegs which are optional, cost anything

I'm very sorry to disappoint you, but, as has been pointed out by others -- and as was established a while ago -- the campaign is projected to have some sort of real price. The exact cost has not yet been publicly announced.

TheDyingScotsman;n9364541 said:

The only official word in the FAQ is - https://www.playgwent.com/en/faq

Is GWENT a free game? GWENT is a free to play game offering optional in-game purchases.
and
Can I play GWENT in “story mode”? Not just yet. We will be releasing single player campaigns in the future.
and
Do you plan to introduce new content as the game matures? You bet we do! Since the launch of Closed Beta, we’ve expanded the game to feature additional cards and mechanics like ranked play and player rankings. And as time passes, we plan on making GWENT even bigger, with single-player adventures, new language versions, game modes and more.

However, it doesn't take a crystal ball to see that the single player campaigns can easily be classified as "optional" since you don't need them to play Gwent. Also, press reports from various CDPR events are replete with references to paid single player campaigns.

https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1117 (Oct. 2016)

Expansive competitive multiplayer based on a massively popular action-RPG franchise, several story-based single player campaigns with choices, consequences and professional voice acting, and all this completely free of charge? Gwent: The Witcher Card Gamesounded too good to be true, and actually it is. Well, we’re not saying it isn’t a good game, because we played it just a couple of days ago at T-Mobile Warsaw Games Week and it was a lot of fun. However, the developers from CD Projekt RED we talked to said that the single player campaigns in Gwent: The Witcher Card Game will actually be paid. Only the tutorial and multiplayer are to be free-to-play.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...-card-e3-2016/ (June, 2016)

The plan is to make multiple campaigns, which makes me happy for several reasons. First of all, the news that the game would be free worried me – a competitive multiplayer game with elements of deckbuilding could be completely undone if the more powerful cards had to be purchased. Instead, it’ll almost certainly be the campaigns that cost money, along with new factions (entire decks of cards) that might be added over time. The current plan, which might change depending on how successful the game is, involves a steady stream of new decks and campaigns post-release.

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-gwent-bec...yer-campaigns/ ( June, 2016)

CD Projekt isn’t talking about how many of those campaigns it will make for Gwent or how much they’ll cost, but they’re the part I’m truly excited about. 10 hours gives a campaign enough meat to offer a sense of progression—starting with weaker cards, collecting heroes and rares along the way to bolster your deck—that I found addicting in The Witcher 3. And I expect battles against the AI to benefit from the complete rework Gwent has seen to be a viable multiplayer game, which is free to play in the vein of Hearthstone.

https://theshotcaller.net/gwent-thro...s-multiplayer/ (Aug, 2017)

The campaign will be roughly 10 hours long, this might vary however depending on how much you want to explore the world – hidden loot, sidequests and treasure lies behind every corner!

You will have to buy the campaign with real money, there will be no way to buy it with in-game currency. It hasn’t been disclosed how expensive the first campaign will be.

Buying the Thronebreaker campaign will add 20 new cards to your collection that you’ll be able to use in Multiplayer. There also will be tons of cards that will be for the Singleplayer only.

Now these aren't official CDPR statements, so I guess it's possible that all these people are just misquoting CDPR employees ... but that seems highly unlikely. They are press reports from presentations CDPR made at gaming events. It's not like they've been hiding it, these have been the reports since the game was first announced. So unless you want to be disappointed, I would prepare accordingly.

Last edited:
During Gamescom I saw the Gwent presentation with P. Burza and if I'm not imagining things it was indeed made clear that the campaign will cost money. But with 15+ hours gameplay and unlockable premiums I think that's fair.

So what if CDPR puts PvP cards in SP and requires money to get them? There are still plenty of other cards to use. And CDPR deserves the money after all the hard work they've put into the game. I know I will pay.

Is the plan for CDPR still to release multiple campaigns? So when they say 15 hours they mean Thronbreaker is one of those and there will more campaigns of equal length? This is amazing if true. and I will buy all of them!

SerJaimeLannister;n9373561 said:
Is the plan for CDPR still to release multiple campaigns? So when they say 15 hours they mean Thronbreaker is one of those and there will more campaigns of equal length? This is amazing if true. and I will buy all of them!

Multiple campaigns are definitely still the plan. But it's always possible that some campaigns will be longer or shorter since a lot depends on the story.

The first one at least had a strong roleplaying-like component with lots of dialogue-choices and optional stuff while exploring. It might even be fun to replay it.

Mnorojo;n9372981 said:
So what if CDPR puts PvP cards in SP and requires money to get them? There are still plenty of other cards to use. And CDPR deserves the money after all the hard work they've put into the game. I know I will pay.

You will. Maybe I will as well. Allot of people who are here to play a multiplayer card game won't.
As much as one can argue that Heartstone, being easily the most stingy CCG on the market, might be a P2W, if CDPR decides to lock MP cards behind a SP campaign that can only be bought with real currency makes it indisputably a P2W game, and that won't go well with general populace at all.

I'm not a guy who yells that the sky is falling usually, or ever to be honest, but if cards are truly unobtainable through playing the game I don't see a prosperous future for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom