Any news regarding the last expansion of this year?

+
İ was out for a few months. The last time I checked the game was Mirror Master expansion release. As far as I remember there should be another expansion at the end of this year. Are there any leaks or new so far?

You certainly would not find any leaks here.

They haven't talked about it all that much from what I've seen or heard, just that it's coming.

Payus

Forum regular
[...]
Slama also hinted they are working on it for a while, so my guess would be we get the expansion December 1 and that the marketing campaign will start in november(card reveals, official page on playgwent, etc). But as of now it is pure conjecture.
Edit: Sorry I thought those were official reveals.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, assuming the next journey starts immediately after this one ends, it will be at early November - the new Journey...

And i dont think they're able to make a journey and expansion for a simultaneous release, so expansion will probably be on the 1st half of December, with reveals happening in November.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
My best bet CDPR might have a sneak peek of a (few) new card image(s) from the new set during Gwent Open at the end of this month.

There has been some rumors about the next expansion beeing witcher themed, but i have no idea if it's true.
J.S. hinted that Stockpile might get some love, and since Invigorate wasn't removed few months back, i assume ST will get some hand-buff support.

Do you have some predictions? :think:

Moderator: As a clarification, please, remember that discussing or sharing leaked content is against the Forum Regulations:
it is prohibited to post and/or discuss unpublished content from CDPR’s products, or other information/content obtained from leaks or data-mining without CDPR’s permission
A couple posts have already been edited because of this, so, as a reminder to all, please, do not attempt it again. Thanks.

In Jason Slama's recent interview with another developer named Ola, they hinted that the meta will change in a couple of weeks, around the middle of November, so maybe that's when the next expansion will be released.

Last edited:
In Jason Slama's recent interview with another developer named Ola, they hinted that the meta will change in a couple of weeks, around the middle of November, so maybe that's when the next expansion will be released.
He mentioned a small Meta shift, with the masters in the beginning of December they won't do something that drastic shortly before that, the expansions won't launch before the masters are over, which will most likely be December 8th, I wouldn't expect more than a few provision changes from that comment

He mentioned a small Meta shift, with the masters in the beginning of December they won't do something that drastic shortly before that, the expansions won't launch before the masters are over, which will most likely be December 8th, I wouldn't expect more than a few provision changes from that comment
They might not, but they have a provision in the rules that allows them to make drastic changes before tournaments:

"Participants must always compete using the latest version of GWENT unless there has been a significant gameplay update within ten (10) days before the date of any CDPR Tournament, in which case Participants will compete using the version of GWENT available immediately prior to the latest update. "

My understanding is they can change the meta without necessarily changing the tournament.

I suppose that's possible, but have they ever released a balance patch in the middle of a month before? By the way, that isn't rhetorical; I'm genuinely curious since I've only been playing for six months.

rrc

Forum veteran
They might not, but they have a provision in the rules that allows them to make drastic changes before tournaments:

"Participants must always compete using the latest version of GWENT unless there has been a significant gameplay update within ten (10) days before the date of any CDPR Tournament, in which case Participants will compete using the version of GWENT available immediately prior to the latest update. "

My understanding is they can change the meta without necessarily changing the tournament.
Well, technically they can do anything. I mean, legally. But they wont do it as it is completely preposterous to release an expansion within 2 or 3 weeks before the BIGGEST Gwent tournament EVER. All the teams and all the participants are preparing for the tournament and they cant simply over write it. Moreover, they need a lot of time to give spoiler and slowly reveal the cards etc. I can bet one of my ears that the expansion will not happen before the tournament.

Well, technically they can do anything. I mean, legally. But they wont do it as it is completely preposterous to release an expansion within 2 or 3 weeks before the BIGGEST Gwent tournament EVER. All the teams and all the participants are preparing for the tournament and they cant simply over write it. Moreover, they need a lot of time to give spoiler and slowly reveal the cards etc. I can bet one of my ears that the expansion will not happen before the tournament.
Van gogh. Is that you?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Its almost guaranteed the expansion will release shortly after Masters, maybe even the next day, worse case scenario a week later.

This is not a random guess, newer players may not know but this is the dev team's MO, they have done it several times, if you investigate you will find most expansions were released immediately after a tournament, and had a reveal campaign in the previous 2-3 weeks that finished with the last reveals during the tournament.

Its almost guaranteed the expansion will release shortly after Masters, maybe even the next day, worse case scenario a week later.
Since Masters is the first weekend of December this sounds very much plausible.

If the next season ends on December 8th (we'll find out the date on Tuesday) then I'd say it's guaranteed. And the season likely won't end right before Masters, so the 8th does seem likely indeed. Especially considering Wild Hunt season started on the 10th last year, and on the 4th in 2018.

In the meantime... for November they can expand the game by changing some old obsolete cards to a state where they're actually playable, that'd be an expansion in itself without making new art.

The answer is clearly centered around the decisions made regarding Cyberpunk. If a Gwent expansion is up against Cyberpunk actually releasing on December 10th I am sure Gwent will get bull dozed over yet again.

However, seeing as how you can probably blame the lack of a 3rd calendar year expansion on Cyberpunk consuming CDPR's talent pool, I doubt either release will get delayed beyond December 10th. X-mas season money is what it is, and you cannot afford to not have "presents to self" available for the masses.

Top Bottom