Any of the original beta players still playing Gwent?

+
still playing. now already over 4000h in the game
playtime.png

With Homecoming release I decided that I will give it a chance. I have stopped playing in August because I didn't have fun with the game. I think that 10 months was really generous from me. I had hope that with every next month Homecoming will have more entertaining gameplay (in terms of mechanics) but it just didn't happen (atleast for me).

Right now I am checking from time to time what is going on in Gwent, I craft cards on expansion day, check gameplay on streams and don't play because usually it is boring.

Still playing. It is like a completely new game with a new meta every month. Some months I love.. some months not so much.. but it is always addictive and keeps my attention.

1578358936362.png

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, since we are sharing our playtime, today i reached a big milestone...

2000h milestone.jpg

If i play this so much, i cant even imagine what is like for these players with more than twice my playtime (and im playing since the beginning, so its not because they started earlier...)

Still playing. It is like a completely new game with a new meta every month. Some months I love.. some months not so much.. but it is always addictive and keeps my attention.

View attachment 11027552
And another thing... CDPR is a very generous company (in the age of loot boxes) that rewards people who have supported the game from the beginning. I have almost every card in the game and never paid a cent for any of them. I have enjoyed countless of hours of entertainment and really still enjoy the game... so the least I could do is say Thanks!

Those are some seriously impressive numbers. :D Just one thousand hours is a lot, let alone thousandS of hours.

I'm only at around 460 hours despite having been playing, on and off, since the start of CB.

View attachment 11027552
WOW!!!!
There is someone who is even more addicted than me! I could not imagine that, cause in my opinion i think i already play waaaaaaaaaaay too much.
i dont even know why. i have seen all the decks, i have created all the decks, i have played all the decks. (generally i am on triing something really wierd noone else plays). but even if, i come back.

And another thing... CDPR is a very generous company (in the age of loot boxes) that rewards people who have supported the game from the beginning. I have almost every card in the game and never paid a cent for any of them.
well, yeah, with my playtime i also was never forced to pay for any card, i actually would have spare scraps for about 4000 barrels if needed.

Was here since the early beta and gave up the game after HC. Now i just log here every 3 months to see if the game is still alive.

I'm still mad about what CDPR did and i dont intent to ever come back to this shadow of what Gwent was. #notmygwent

Given the incredibly good press CDPR (mostly deserved), the massive fuckup that beta gwent was, it is unbelievable that nothing really transpired to the press. It was a scandal really and proof that even the posterchild of the games industry can fuckup like the rest.

Couldnt have said better myself.

Played since the beginning of closed beta. Old players probably will remember me. For me Closed Beta Gwent/Open beta (before they screwed up) was a masterpiece of a CCG. Probably the best i ever played and ever will play.

The only one that comes near is Dominium (yes, the physical table top one), but even so, gwent was a masterpiece.

Its really sad what happened.

I dont even consider what is left gwent anymore.

Couldnt have said better myself.

Played since the beginning of closed beta. Old players probably will remember me. For me Closed Beta Gwent/Open beta (before they screwed up) was a masterpiece of a CCG. Probably the best i ever played and ever will play.

The only one that comes near is Dominium (yes, the physical table top one), but even so, gwent was a masterpiece.

Its really sad what happened.

I dont even consider what is left gwent anymore.

I remember your name.

I played from the beta..... in the console. I quit the game months ago but when I knew that the console accounts need to be transferred to a PC one, I installed th game in my new PC and I can´t stop playing now...

I have my precious 'Pioneer' title and 2600+ hours in the game. I've never stopped playing the game even through the long wait for Homecoming and the seemingly knee-jerk nerf/buffs to cards since. I have kept playing because I just love the game. Beta was very different to the game we have now and to be honest I prefer the game now - yes, there's a much larger element of randomness now due to the lack of tutor cards but it feels to me that there is a much larger pool of decks that are viable.
For those who didn't experience beta here's a Beta game between me and McBeard (the game now really is unrecognisable from beta):
The visuals are massively different, the cards all do different things, card values are different, leader powers are different...I could go on but Gwent now is a completely different beast than it was before. I still love it though and, while the dev team may make mistakes, they seem sincere in trying to be open and in making the game better and I remain confident that the game will indeed keep getting better. I don't see myself not playing it any time soon.

I have my precious 'Pioneer' title and 2600+ hours in the game. I've never stopped playing the game even through the long wait for Homecoming and the seemingly knee-jerk nerf/buffs to cards since. I have kept playing because I just love the game. Beta was very different to the game we have now and to be honest I prefer the game now - yes, there's a much larger element of randomness now due to the lack of tutor cards but it feels to me that there is a much larger pool of decks that are viable.
For those who didn't experience beta here's a Beta game between me and McBeard (the game now really is unrecognisable from beta):
The visuals are massively different, the cards all do different things, card values are different, leader powers are different...I could go on but Gwent now is a completely different beast than it was before. I still love it though and, while the dev team may make mistakes, they seem sincere in trying to be open and in making the game better and I remain confident that the game will indeed keep getting better. I don't see myself not playing it any time soon.

Its funny, i played through all stages that Gwent has been through, and even though i played a lot back then as well, i dont remember what most cards did because that information was replaced in my brain for their current effects.

However... i do remember several cards in that video because i used those 2 decks extensively: fiends and relict deck was one of my most used as Monsters (didnt play much MO back then though) and Ciri Dash decks, Ermion and Morkvarg must have been some of my most used cards, hundreds and hundreds of times, its one of the things i miss the most ("discard carryover" and strengthtening).

I played from the beta..... in the console. I quit the game months ago but when I knew that the console accounts need to be transferred to a PC one, I installed th game in my new PC and I can´t stop playing now...

Same, HC broke me but since I was forced to do the transfer I might as well try it out. I'm back playing casually.

I came back after a year, second time after 6 months.
Having total of +1000hrs played, I`m not really a pro.

But I miss the Beta, it was prettier, for example it had 3xcopies of bronzes, that made animated trios - it was really cool. (like couple of NR infantry units: PFI, blue stripes, etc)

I came back after a year, second time after 6 months.
Having total of +1000hrs played, I`m not really a pro.

But I miss the Beta, it was prettier, for example it had 3xcopies of bronzes, that made animated trios - it was really cool. (like couple of NR infantry units: PFI, blue stripes, etc)

Shield maiden, the Witcher trio, the crones.

I played the beta a bit, the game was fun but I was just distracted with other games. I was recently playing the Witcher 3 and I was reminded of this game. I installed it and I was severely disappointed with what I found. I understood that the standalone version would have more complexity to it, more cards, more factions, more keywords, buffs and nerfs... but this sudden change to 2 lanes and drawing cards every round kind of ruined it for me. It no longer feels like gwent but more like some generic card game.

I've seen a few posts of people defending this change but I just don't buy it. I don't think that the only way to solve balance problems was to allow draw every round, nor do I think the game would've only worked vs AI with the old gameplay. I think there could've been solutions with far less drastic changes.

But anyway, if people really like this new version then by all means I wish you all great success. Me though, I'm not so sure, I'll play a bit more to give it a good chance but I'm not expecting that I'll like it enough to spend money on it.

I'm here forever... since back when it was literally exactly like in Witcher.

I know it will never be the same. I wish there would be less card releases as 3 sets a year is a lot. That said, I am grateful they try hard to keep things balanced and are listening to us even if it's not always obvious. For example, more faction challenges lately have been giving additional rewards for playing unpopular factions in order to help encourage more variety in decks and playstyles. The ability to buy seasonal sets in the shop if you missed them. Ect.

I don't miss weather wars or requiring locks for everything. I am annoyed by requiring purify in every deck (defenders). I guess that's life: sometimes you gain ground, sometimes you get pebbles in your shoe.

Been playing since open beta and have about 800 hours in the game, being a working adult I don't have time to play more then an hour or so most days, but I tend to stay on top of dailies.

I have played through basically all the games metas though I took some time off right at the start of HC to unlock everything in Throne Breaker which took about a month and a half for me. Aside from that I have unlocked every seasonal card back, so for the last year at least I have never taken a full month off.

Biggest down periods I had where during the hellish midwinter update back near the end of the active dev time on beta pre HC (seriously GW + Boats and Im-Sab can go to hell! I enjoyed Alchemy NG and hyper thin NR, but aside from them, that meta was awful!) and the metas directly after SY and NR got released/reworked. But honestly, as much as HC gets crap, NOTHING has ever been worse then the post Mid Winter update period from open beta! That was just months and months of the same broken combo's and the ONLY reason I stuck with it was because I knew if I did I would end up with unlimited scraps post HC since my thousands of dup cards would be milled at full value...

Top Bottom