Any other factions that could have been Gwent decks, like the four we have right now? (SPOILERS)

+
Any other factions that could have been Gwent decks, like the four we have right now? (SPOILERS)

Whenever I look at the characters who could have otherwise had Gwent cards of their very own, like Angouleme, Vilgefortz and Leo Bonhart, and I always feel like that Gwent might as well be missing an entire fifth deck. It might have four decks, each based after factions that Geralt would regularly stay as far away from as possible on the account of him being a witcher. But I always get that feeling that there are other factions that could have been made into Gwent decks, like the Northern Kingdoms, Nilfgaardian Empire, Scoia'tael and Monsters/Wild Hunt.

So, were there any other factions CD Projekt Red could have made into Gwent decks of their very own? I remember someone on another thread mentioning how Skellige could have had its own deck, considering that it separated itself from the rest of the Northern Kingdoms. But were any others besides Skellige that could have had their own decks? Does Skellige even need​ its own Gwent deck?

Last edited:
There was supposed to be a Skellige deck, but it was cut in the development. At least according to this post on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/39p2td/list_of_changes_and_cut_content_for_tw3_from_the/

I would love to have a mage-only deck with Tissaia de Vries as the leader card.
Apparently, they don't give out a reason why the Skellige deck was cut out of the final product.

If I were to guess why, though, it's because Skellige is part of the Northern Kingdoms, and having two Northern Kingdom decks would have been redundant.

Apparently, they don't give out a reason why the Skellige deck was cut out of the final product.

If I were to guess why, though, it's because Skellige is part of the Northern Kingdoms, and having two Northern Kingdom decks would have been redundant.

Well, even though Skellige Isles are a part of the Northern Kindoms, they consider themselves to be separate from the other nations. So I think it was just a matter of resources.

Well, even though Skellige Isles are a part of the Northern Kindoms, they consider themselves to be separate from the other nations. So I think it was just a matter of resources.
So we have two factions that weren't made into Gwent decks, including the Skellige Archipelago and the Continent's mage population. Any others we could have missed?

A World deck? One card for that huge tree, one for Novigrad, one for swamps, one for Skellige light house... There is so much beautiful places, that I think those deserve own deck. A sunset card would be nice too :)

I dont know about decks but I would love to see a black beauty card for monster deck. Just for the art alone. Caranthir also. I guess they have enough cards in that deck but its strange no caranthir? Essi card? Perhaps it would be just another card like dandelion though. Could be a simple boost card. Dont know what they are called?
I wonder where a Leo card would fit in? Asshole deck? Along with vilgefortz.

I'm still wondering why Eredin is the King of a monster deck without any soldiers of the Wild Hunt. Okay, they are no monsters, but Eredin is also not King of the Wild Monsters. I guess they had not enough characters for a standalone wild hunt deck.

A Skellige Deck would have been cool. And a mage deck. I would like a card for Bras of Ban Ard =)

Something I would change in the Northern Kingdoms deck is to replace five times Foltest with Foltest, Radovid, Demavend, Henselt and Meve.

I'm still wondering why Eredin is the King of a monster deck without any soldiers of the Wild Hunt. Okay, they are no monsters, but Eredin is also not King of the Wild Monsters. I guess they had not enough characters for a standalone wild hunt deck.

A Skellige Deck would have been cool. And a mage deck. I would like a card for Bras of Ban Ard =)

Something I would change in the Northern Kingdoms deck is to replace five times Foltest with Foltest, Radovid, Demavend, Henselt and Meve.

Imlerith is part of the deck as well. And yes, the inclusion of members of the Wild Hunt in the monster deck is pretty sily (maybe metaphorical monsters?), but I suppose they had to find a spot for the main antagonist...

I dont know about decks but I would love to see a black beauty card for monster deck. Just for the art alone. Caranthir also. I guess they have enough cards in that deck but its strange no caranthir? Essi card? Perhaps it would be just another card like dandelion though. Could be a simple boost card. Dont know what they are called?
I wonder where a Leo card would fit in? Asshole deck? Along with vilgefortz.
Wouldn't Leo Bonhart and Vilgefortz belong in the Nilfgaardian Empire deck? You know, considering that they served the Nilfgaardian Empire for their own reasons?

Wouldn't Leo Bonhart and Vilgefortz belong in the Nilfgaardian Empire deck? You know, considering that they served the Nilfgaardian Empire for their own reasons?
Yes could do. But that deck is already super powerful, its almost guaranteed i win when I play that deck, so they would have to beef up all the other decks to make it interesting. That could work though, wonder if BaW will add more?

Top Bottom