Any response from CD Projekt Devs?

+

Axvil

Forum regular
Just wondering, is there any official response from the Devs regarding the new loot generation in patch 1.1?
Specifically, how unique legendary items can no longer be reset, making them significantly less desirable..
-Was this change an OUPSie and we can expect a quick resolution?
-Was this planned, they just forgot to mention it in the patch notes?

Considering it wasn't in the patch notes, my guess is that it's an unintended side-effect of the save-bloat fix.

We'll either get a workaround (like all legandaries have guaranteed 4 slots), or we'll stay as is. Though anything definitive is impossible to get because CDPR are playing their hands extremely close atm (like to point out we've only had two official statements from them since launch).

What you had before was basically an exploit/cheat that was fixed.
Not really as you can still duplicate items, get nearly infinite crafting components by crafting for less that items deconstruct to, plus game console and more. The game does not use any "anti cheat" systems.

And RNG on items is utmost stupidity. If you want to use a legendary clothing set but it rolls 0 sockets then it's worse thant white common items. RNG mod count, RNG weapon secondary stats this is all poorly implemented.

It's likely a side effect to the saving changes mentioned in the changelog.

Why they would randomize the effectiveness and stats of legendary equipment is as much a mystery as almost every other decision made about this game and another thing to add to the pile of required fixes. But to stay on topic I dug around and I'm no investigative journalist but I haven't found any response from the devs.

Axvil

Forum regular
It's probably working as originally designed now. What you had before was basically an exploit/cheat that was fixed.
So, the original design was to create unique (yet still pretty generic) legendary items, hide them around the world, and give them terrible stats.
I suppose, in a sense, that is in-line with a lot of their other design decisions, so maybe you are onto something!
Certainly saves me some time, as I no longer feel the need to collect anything topped by a generic green item from the corner store.

Theres a video somewhere that basically said something like every item you looted/crafted etc would generate a seperate line of code for each individual item thus bloated/corrupt saves, what did v1.1 do? Sort that but at the same time may have unintentionally had the result of what we have now, hence no mention in the patch notes because they werent trying to "fix" save scumming but ppl's saves so weren't testing to see if save scumming still worked.

It would be beneficial to both parties to just set legendary items mod slots to four. Legendary Weapons have a set amount of mod slots. Just treat clothing the same.

Top Bottom