Any strategies on what I should keep for second and 3rd rounds?

+
Any strategies on what I should keep for second and 3rd rounds?

How many points at least I should keep for 2nd and 3rd rounds?

Sometimes, I want to win in the first round at all cost, and it's pretty stupid, I've found out the hard way. I won 1st round, but losing many games on 2nd and 3rd.

Are there any tips on how many points I should at least save for round 2 and 3?

Getting new cards are not much, and also random, so doesn't help that much most of the time.

Last edited:
DragonFireDon;n6889380 said:
How many points at least I should keep for 2nd and 3rd rounds?

Sometimes, I want to win in the first round at all cost, and it's pretty stupid, I've found out the hard way. I won 1st round, but losing many games on 2nd and 3rd.

Are there any tips on how many points I should at least save for round 2 and 3?

knowledge and some good luck :)

* you should try predict opponent deck .

* Skellige wana play 3 rouds becaus they racial passive +1 power per roud ;
* Northern Realms play "combo" deck ( dont let they free rounds) or summon and make gold units ;
* Monsters use Geralt + Eredin and try free win first roud or get cards advantage ; Others play weathers ;
* Scoiatele play 2 basic types : Dwarfs (buff units who stand on next roud ) or Specials (buffing "Hawker Support" or "Commanders Horn combo 3/4 times used )

I hope this could help you. :)

OK thanks for your reply, but is it generally a good idea to keep at least 10 points or way more than 10 into the 2nd round?

Geralt and Eredin is each worth 10, so if I have a 'Commander Horn' card that will double the points to make Eradin 20 point, I know that. But if I don't have any double the points card, should I have at least 20 points carried into the second round?

I might have to use Geralt in the 1st round, and keep Eredin for 2nd round or 3rd... so the general rule of thumb I would say is to NOT use Eredin no matter what if you are in 1st round and you don't have other cards left with points?

Last edited:
Points are irrelevant, because that depends absolutely on the situation. What matters it that you should not play more than 1-2 cards than your opponent did. Card disadvantage is a really bad thing in this game.

DragonFireDon;n6889620 said:
Geralt and Eredin is each worth 10, so if I have a 'Call command' card that will double the points to make Eradin 20 point, I know that. But if I don't have any double the points card, should I have at least 20 points carried into the second round?
I might have to use Geralt in the 1st round, and keep Eredin for 2nd round or 3rd... so the general rule of thumb I would say is to NOT use Eredin no matter what if you are in 1st round and you don't have other cards left with points?

Commander horn doesnt work on gold cards like Eredin & Geralt. If you are playing monsters, there are three types I genreally see - swarm built around breeding and summoning lots of low-level cards. Weather centered builds which are IMO the most powerful. The third is the decks that rely on Eredin and Geralt. Those decks are easy to counter. I wouldn't recommend that build.

I agree with Lytha above. For the first round, I think more about the card advantage than how many points I will have. I do like to keep a couple point cards, so I can always put something on the field and not just end up with a special card left. But, depending on the deck, number strength may not be my main concern. Sometimes, I'm more concerned with how many cards I have that can do damage to my opponents field. I suggest thinking about what combos/order you want to play the cards in and factor that into if you should hold onto them for later or not.

Lytha;n6889660 said:
Points are irrelevant, because that depends absolutely on the situation. What matters it that you should not play more than 1-2 cards than your opponent did. Card disadvantage is a really bad thing in this game.

I don't agree with this strategy at all. Having more cards does not equal a greater chance at winning. It's really all situational during the "battle" what you should do. Do you stack your points in one round and adrenaline rush a few cards to carry over in the next? Do you draw your opponent to play a Scorch or weather card to figure out there next plan of attack? How you build your deck really depends on what you do next in each round. The shuffles can go in your way or totally screw you. So the best advice I can give you is don't rely heavily on special cards, but don't rule them all out either.

I'm working on a guide / report for Gwent you can read the first part here, the more detailed strategy and deck building stuff is being written now, and should be ready in a few weeks.

https://www.tastebuff.com/news/discovery/20161102/discovery_report_gwent

Top Bottom