Any suggestions for a successful stealth approach?

+
I'd prefer to play stealthy, but I don't appear to be able to tag while riding cameras and almost all stealthy infiltrations just quickly because an assault rifle bloodbath.

Has anyone successfully figured the trick of this? :)

Gex.

Forum regular
Hey SJ, stealth is an option and my preferred way of playing. To answer your question pressing TAB (even in camera view) will show the detail of the enemies and elements around. If you want to tag someone just press middle mouse click.
Enjoy.

Everything can be done with stealth, easily. Stop trying to enter building through the damn front door.

Literally EVERY building has multiple access points. Windows, balconies etc etc etc.

• RED Point
Reactions: quz
A good cyberdeck, the reboot optics quickhack, a silenced pistol (the best being highest dmg PER SHOT instead of highest dps), and a katana. That's all you really need. You can use other quickhacks too but by the time you can blind multiple enemies (with sufficient ram) you can basically takedown or silenced headshot everyone. The Hidden Dragon perk works well too.

* Make sure to crouch when near enemies. Even if they have their back turned if you are walking they can hear you and turn around.

* If a enemy is leaning with their back against a crate instead of approaching them from the side (you're likely to get spotted with their peripherial vision!) jump on top of the crate so you can directly take them down from behind.

* It's very small and hard to see but if you hack a object to distract an enemy they go over to that object and then a countdown appears showing how much time before they stop investigating it.

* There is a variety of quickhacks you can use to help stealth, not just reboot optics but some other ones like whistle and ... something else, I forget.

* You don't necessarily need quickhacks to distract enemies, some items you can manually turn on to distract with.

Obvious tips:
* you can hide bodies in dumpsters / other places to prevent them from being found and alerting enemies. Extra XP too.
* Do the ping quickhack before engaging in a mission to check where everyone is.

Use ping and contagion. You'll highlight all enemies and then knock them out from hiding. It's insanely simple.

• After you use the PING quickhack, manually mark (TAB+middle-mouse for PC) all enemies that show up before the ping wears off.
  • quickhack objects to distract. Enemies get very predictable with this as to who and how long they will be distracted.
  • There is a cybermod to slow time when (about to be?) spotted. Never used it, but might be helpful.
  • If you are going deep into quickhacks, epic/legendary quickhacks get insane. You can remote kill/sleepy entire camps through walls, or make everyone blind so you can dance and jump around unseen. If they do see you, their gun doesn't work. If they switch guns it'll be a grenade and it exploded. If they live through that, they'll be set on fire with their memory wiped thinking it must have been the wind.

Top Bottom