Any tips for headshot kills w/ crossbow achievement?

+
Any tips for headshot kills w/ crossbow achievement?

It's been really slow going for me, doable but really slow due to aim.

Any specific tips for build + gear + method?

So far, I've kind of come to conclusion that the lower level precision bolts is best, rather than the higher level exploding bolt.

I mostly axii a bandit to make em stand still, and then pot shot in the head, but this is taking awhile because bandits either come in two flavors - low level and my sword insta kill ems so I can't soften them up with sword, and I find even low level bandits live a long time with just crossbow hits - but that's how I've done my dozen or so kills so far.

Haven't put points into a temporary build for the crossbow skills - anyone figure a fast way to knock out this achievement for 50 kills with headshots?

This trophy is a complete nightmare. The head shot detection is way off so you could shoot 20 bandits in the head and maybe only 2 or 3 register as headshots.
Here are a couple of tips that really helped me:
Use a potion of clearance and just use all the crossbow skills as well as the passive skill that increases damage.
Unequip your swords whilst doing this, damage is increased a lot.
Go to Devils pit in Velen, it's full of low level bandits, run round the map to draw them all to you then head back to the gate and pick them off from there(the bandits won't leave the gate).
You'll know if you have got a headshot because the screen will shake.
Once all bandits are dead fast travel out of velen then back and they will respawn
Rinse and repeat

Took me about 2 and half hours doing it this way, frustrating but it has to be done lol.

grab a low-level sword to "prepare" them (dont use any sword-dmg related skills etc.

then get ALL crossbow related skills (slow time makes the aiming a LOT easier) and as much axii sign-intesity as you can :) (dont forget the neutral +25% crossbow dmg skill)

for bolts, precission is the way to go

I've got every single achievement in this game. Pc steam version.
Here's some tip.

Devil's pit, gate glitch as you may already know it.\
Do it only when you reach level 31+ as you can use highest Feline set and it's crossbow to give you considerable attack power and Crit.Hit chance
Use precision bolt can be craft at Hattori's you probably need around 500 of them, you can craft, or buy/meditation, buy/ meditation to accumulate.
Only use bolt to deal the damage, don't use sword.
You will have to reset your skill points to go for a temporary crossbow build which maximize the crossbow attackpower and the crit-hit chance
as well as slow motion when aiming
Don't forget active Feline armor skill.

use the dec. that increases the critical hit chance.
Axii helps stabilize enemy
shoot from back increases the chance of a successful shot.
Only when camera shakes and orange color stats shows on the left of your screen indicates a good shot.
You will have to do it about 1 hour to complete.

good luck.

:listen:

In my playthrough I noticed that getting as close as u can get to the enemy helps to get the headshot! Everytime I got way too close to the enemy and aimed for the head, the shots registered, whereas shooting from far didn't

Top Bottom