any update of XP FIX?

+
You can always use Trainer to get some XP lost.. I didn't use it yet, but if i have problems with my lvl and some quest because the "xp problem" i'll use it i guess, but i dont have any problems so far. (im lvl 19)

This is why companies like blizzard don't give ETA's. When a patch is done it comes out the next week (granted those are content patches) as with hot fixes they say they are working to address the issue and sometimes will say something "we hope by the end of the week" but never actually saying that it WILL be out by the end of the week.

There will be a patch today, that is if CD Projekt Red/Marcin Momot's word means anything.

What color is the sky in your world?

I'm waiting for this damn thing on the PS4, so I have even more reason to be impatient... In fact, playing since last Friday while effectively looking over my shoulder the whole time, wondering if the game might break, has not been as fun as I'd have liked it to. (even though it has been a lot of fun, warts and all)

However, isn't it obvious that when people are making emergency repairs necessitated by unexpected problems any ETAs should be automatically viewed as including the qualifiers "to the best of our knowledge at this time" and "assuming nothing else goes wrong"?

Not to belabor the obvious, but bugs are - by their nature - somewhat unpredictable. If they were predictable, they wouldn't exist.

What color is the sky in your world?

I'm waiting for this damn thing on the PS4, so I have even more reason to be impatient... In fact, playing since last Friday while effectively looking over my shoulder the whole time, wondering if the game might break, has not been as fun as I'd have liked it to. (even though it has been a lot of fun, warts and all)

However, isn't it obvious that when people are making emergency repairs necessitated by unexpected problems any ETAs should be automatically viewed as including the qualifiers "to the best of our knowledge at this time" and "assuming nothing else goes wrong"?

Not to belabor the obvious, but bugs are - by their nature - somewhat unpredictable. If they were predictable, they wouldn't exist.

The game was crashing on me a bit before the last patch too. Probably more than any other PS4 game I've played, unfortunately (like 5-7 times total). But since last week's patch, I haven't had a single crash, thankfully.

its propably the worst case of misscommunication i have seen in a long time. At least they should put out a statement what the fuck is going on. I don't expect an ETA but at least some words to the players FFS

its propably the worst case of misscommunication i have seen in a long time. At least they should put out a statement what the fuck is going on. I don't expect an ETA but at least some words to the players FFS

Rumors were they were going to hotfix the xp patch. Then someone within had the idea to just combine it with a patch scheduled later part of the week. Bet that person is rethinking things now as the biggest gripe on the boards have been xp...

To be fair to them, they did say that the XP glitch does not affect game balance in the long run - and for a decent number of people, that seems to be true. (not really saying that to defend them, more to convince myself it's OK to play ;) after I almost stopped because I was worried I'd break the game and have to re-start - and to let others in the same boat know)

I ran a little poll on how people were affected by it the other day, and out of 39 replies to date, 23 people said they were either over-leveled (13) or appropriately leveled (10) despite the glitch. (another 8 said they were getting little XP and being under-leveled was becoming an issue, and the final 8 that they were severely under-leveled) This was on the Tech Support forum, which means the pool of participants is significantly skewed towards those having significant problems.

My personal experience so far (playing from level 14 to level 18 while having the glitch) was that it does not significantly affect gameplay - at least if you play like me, and you're a pretty serious completionist.

Still, the fact that some people say they can't find ANY quests that give XP is worrying, and there's two relatively simple explanations for it - one is that the bug is not completely predictable and affects various people differently, the other that those people haven't explored enough and are missing out on content without realizing it.

Given how many quests I've found in completely out of the way places that I'd never have come across if I simply followed the "?" I'm kind of inclined toward the latter hypothesis... but the uncertainty is a huge pain, no matter how you look at it.

When i check my Questlog i have either red quests or grey quests. The red ones reward less amount of exp because they are red. I think thats working as intended. So whatever quest i pick, i will get less or none exp. Its not that big of a problem but when you just start the game over (like i did) it IS a very big problem since you level up so fast that you get tons of red/grey quests in the process.

Still, its hard to believe that CDPR can't come up with some sort of statement, i'm used to that kind of behavior from EA or UBI. Sad, really sad. They overcome the pathetic downgrade shitstorm and now they fuck it up with non-communication. Stuff like that sticks in minds you know.

Still, its hard to believe that CDPR can't come up with some sort of statement, i'm used to that kind of behavior from EA or UBI. Sad, really sad. They overcome the pathetic downgrade shitstorm and now they fuck it up with non-communication. Stuff like that sticks in minds you know.

They have made plenty of statements about it. You just don't like the answer so are ignoring it. LOL

When i check my Questlog i have either red quests or grey quests. The red ones reward less amount of exp because they are red. I think thats working as intended. So whatever quest i pick, i will get less or none exp. Its not that big of a problem but when you just start the game over (like i did) it IS a very big problem since you level up so fast that you get tons of red/grey quests in the process.

For me, the red quests are all ones with a suggested level much higher than my own. Green ones are around my level. Grey are below me or have no level (gwent, for example).

The bug makes no difference. Finished the game more than leveled enough. Stop grousing and play...

What type of communication are you looking for? There's been like 3 or 4 updates on the status of the patch since Friday.

They said the Exp bug isn't a big deal and people should keep playing and not worry about it --which people who have continued to play seems to agree that its a non issue. They've given us a quick preview of some of the bugs they intend to fix with 1.05. Yesterday they apologized and said that they are working through the holiday to get the patch out ASAP. You looking for hourly updates or something?

Seems like the modders are more capable of fixing CDPR's own game than they are. I wouldn't be surprised if the modders have already fixed the bugged quests too and their just not sharing it hehe.

This issue is not that simple. I'm already over leveling main quests despite the bug and not exploring much. If they fix the bug, they should also consider relevel main quests as well, for they would be even more behind character levels afterwards.

Top Bottom