any update of XP FIX?

+
What type of communication are you looking for? There's been like 3 or 4 updates on the status of the patch since Friday.

They said the Exp bug isn't a big deal and people should keep playing and not worry about it --which people who have continued to play seems to agree that its a non issue. They've given us a quick preview of some of the bugs they intend to fix with 1.05. Yesterday they apologized and said that they are working through the holiday to get the patch out ASAP. You looking for hourly updates or something?

I expected an honest estimate. They could have said right away, that its gonna take a lot longer then players expected. And for a "none issue" there are lots of complaints, don't you agree? I kept playing and run into some problems, i didn't bother too much as you are playing in god mode anyway past level 20. But you are suggesting that all those people who took the time to register on this board and write about their problems with that bug are just flameboys.

They have made plenty of statements about it. You just don't like the answer so are ignoring it. LOL

problem is they've made too much statements and now they've created false expectations. cdpr still a relatively inexperienced studio, should have just said will be fixed in 1.5 were working on it. that's it.

Last edited:
I expected an honest estimate. They could have said right away, that its gonna take a lot longer then players expected. And for a "none issue" there are lots of complaints, don't you agree? I kept playing and run into some problems, i didn't bother too much as you are playing in god mode anyway past level 20. But you are suggesting that all those people who took the time to register on this board and write about their problems with that bug are just flameboys.

Game companies will learn one day, some sooner then others, it's best to stfu and not promise patch dates else guys like you will gripe on the boards. CDprojekt needs to learn from companies like Blizzard who don't say a word and just patch when it's ready.

It's sad. People gripe when they find a bug. They tell developers, developers respond. More gripe. Developers continue to give updates. More gripe. I'm at a loss would you rather nothing? 'cause that would not cauyse gripe either right? \sarcasam off:facepalm:
Also I've been enjoying the game so much I didn't even realize I had the bug till now. They are working on fixing it so I'm just manually adding exp.

Just a thought, wouldn't it be good to have reduced xp due to xp bug since many people claiming that they level up too fast? :question:

Just a thought, wouldn't it be good to have reduced xp due to xp bug since many people claiming that they level up too fast? :question:

You do outlevel everything, even how they set it up now, that's why the XP bug isn't that big of a deal, you can still finish the game.

There are people saying they get no XP forever, but I have yet on all the sites seen someone post a video or screens that shows they are not outleveled or grey quests.

Until I see proof it's like the loch ness monster IMO and shit they even have photos of that LOL

Huh? Previously you said you don't expect an ETA, now you're saying that you do? Their honest estimate is that it'll be out as soon as possible. As soon as its done they'll release it.

As far as the complaints are concerned, I do think much of it is driven by paranoia. I have not seen a single report of someone who continued to play and found themselves unable to progress because they are under leveled. What we have seen is people who decided to play despite the bug who are progressing and completling the game with plenty of levels to spare. Personally, I got exp for only one main quest entire time in Novigrad, yet I finished the area at lvl 18 when the final quest is only level 13.

You do outlevel everything, even how they set it up now, that's why the XP bug isn't that big of a deal, you can still finish the game.

There are people saying they get no XP forever, but I have yet on all the sites seen someone post a video or screens that shows they are not outleveled or grey quests.

Until I see proof it's like the loch ness monster IMO and shit they even have photos of that LOL

Yeah that's the ultimate result as the highest monsters in this game I believe is lvl 50(seen lvl 42 so far though). So yea there are lots of varying claims from people with regards to this famous xp bug.

Also, I have a theory as to why xp bug or any other glitches might occur and it's got to do with the complexity of the many chain related quests that side quests tend to have. In other words, quests that are not done in their intended orders might cause the bug unless the game itself supports it. Example of quest that the game supports that you can do in reverse order is
get the bottle from raven's nest before talking to Johnny and there's alternative conversation where Geralt would respond to Johnny that he already got the bottle

Of course this is a guess on my part and doesn't represent the actual cause itself

Huh? Previously you said you don't expect an ETA, now you're saying that you do? Their honest estimate is that it'll be out as soon as possible. As soon as its done they'll release it.

As far as the complaints are concerned, I do think much of it is driven by paranoia. I have not seen a single report of someone who continued to play and found themselves unable to progress because they are under leveled. What we have seen is people who decided to play despite the bug who are progressing and completling the game with plenty of levels to spare. Personally, I got exp for only one main quest entire time in Novigrad, yet I finished the area at lvl 18 when the final quest is only level 13.

Yeah and in games like this you always outlevel at some point if you do all the extra stuff. IMO that's why the level cap is so huge. Once they fix it we'll esailly hit max level. I didn't even realize I had the bug till recently. It certainly doesn't stop progression and is not game breaking.

People are still waiting for the official patch, while this 'bug' is already 'fixed'. Even someone gave link in this topic. Searching the reason for moaning is amazing these days.

Top Bottom