Any use for consumables?

+
Hey all, im only about 30 hours in and believe ive barely touched the main story, so i have a question. Do the consumables ever become useful? They have all these buffs and whatnot but even on hard ive never had a use for them and if i do even bother, it seems useless. Is this just another half baked aspect of the game, or am i just missing something?

I also did not need to use any of it, and since most of them actually have exactly the same properties, I think there were far too many of them. Definitely another aspect of the game that seems unfinished.

I played for more than 100 hrs, finished the game and I have never used them. Honestly you dont need them, maybe for crafting, but again whole crafting is broken. Dont bother with them

I only use the alcohol consumables to get the warbly effect on my character LOL
I keep trying to drink so much my character passes out, but he won't :(

I've been eating and drinking and i can tell you the alcoholic beverages most definitely have an effect! As for the buffs its more of a habit I don't want to go into an area unprepared so i make sure i have both buffs.

Guest 4520369

I always keep some Nicola on hand, taste the love!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would really love to see this fleshed out.

Animations for eating and drinking.
Sitting at the bar at Afterlife and actually ordering a Jackie Wells. (Hell we should be able to set and drink at all bars.)
Food Venders sale what is advertised and eating animations. (With buffs.)
More Joytoys and give buffs like a relaxed buff that gives an exp boost or something.
Buying drinks for the strippers and getting a little animation like in the one mission and give a chance for a lap dance that gives V a buff :ohstopit:

They could make different types of drinks that have different buffs. Just a 10%/5% regain buff to stamina and health feel lazy. Put like a "Do more damage with melee" or with rifles etc. That way everyone will have their fav drink. Coffee giving a movement speed boost is a good example.

Just adding animations for drinking, eating, and sitting at the bar while drinking would make Cyberpunk feel so much more interactive and immersive. (For the love of the gods, give us some mini games.)

They could do so much with this system. Lets just hope they do. Because as of right now, all consumables are trash. I use most as a way to RP. A drink after a rough day so to speak.

ugh hate how this builds up in my inventory.. and I noticed some of the consumables have weight and others don't.
and selling stacks is stupid clunky..

so I try not to pick up any anymore.. just eat it on the spot if I feel like it. food/drink is like .. everywhere.. so I don't feel any need to carry it around.

We need to be able to slot consumables to a hot key like you can with the stims. Perhaps that's where they should be able to be selected from?

I played it on very hard and psycho so I used the health 5% and when I got a lot of cash the 20% health one.

Ok so its not just me. I feel like when playin the witcher or fallout, or Skyrim, those consumables are good for certain situations and enemies. In cp2077, it just feels like theyre just there to be there.

Don't pick food and drink up. Just wastes time and bulks your inventory. Food and drink is everywhere. just eat and drink it, as you need, when you find it. Never had a stamina problem but the food will keep you hit points bar filled. The ram/health boosters come in handy in the early game or against bosses if your using a Net runner build.
You don't need any of it . The system seems fine though. The problem really is that the game is too easy and the AI needs a bit of tweaking.
As to whether your missing something? It's too early to tell.

The drinks are scrappable, and a great source of scrap. If you're doing the crafting thing it's worth emptying ever vending machine you encounter

Food items are nice for a max hp boost & regen in combat. Pop one before an important fight and you dont need to take so many health "potions". Drinks I always scrap.
Also the drinks you can use to farm crafting XP (exploit)
For example:
Of all the drink stacks you have, pick the biggest one and drink one. If you then go and try to scrap that stack, you will get crafting XP as if you would have scrapped the whole stack. You dont get any mats, but you conserve the stack. Once the stamina buff expires you can scrap them, but you can grow it too and use that big stack to powerlvl crafting and pick the perks you want before spending your mats on whatever you want to use them.

Never used anything. I hoped for consumables like upper that makes us more resistent against damage for example, better reflexes for dodge chance and crit or sth. and stuff like that. Wasted potential here. Hope to see anything like this in the future.

Top Bottom