Any way I can officially help work on improving CP2077 for free? Not sure what contact channels to go through

+
Hey guys.

I'll be swimming in free time until January. Doing some minor modding projects for Rimworld and working on a digital boardgame but that's it. Also doing some minor occational unofficial QA/game testing on indie games.

I don't have any programming experience. I'm an amateur writer but that prob isn't a skillset needed at this point. I basically want to offer CDPR to do anything I can to help improve and work on the game - completely free of charge. Simply because I'm super-passionate about the game and the setting. However I have no idea what the appropriate channels to go through to contact them would be. In my experience in the gaming industry. The easier contact information is to obtain, the harder it is to get a proper reply.

I'm basically so passionate and motivated to help on CP2077. That if my job was to walk around the office giving developers shoulder massages, give them coffee, and cheer them up. I would. I also have a degree in motivational psychology which I guess is somewhat relevant.

I have a tendency to make quick questions into massive walls of text so I'll stop there. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how I go about contacting CDPR about this through the proper channels.

they know the metrics, they know the players that play a lot of hours. They should give those people beta access for feedback

There is probably no direct way to achieve your purpose easily but consider the following:
  • Play the game and report any bugs you find
  • Write a review for the game on appropriate sites like GoG, Steam or Metacritic (to name a few)
  • Get into modding and try to either fix issues or enhance the game with something you find valuable. If you don't know what to improve then help the folks creating tools like redscript, Cyber Script, Cyber Engine Tools, etc.
  • If you are extremely loaded: Buy enough stocks so that the price is pushed to a higher valuation

Yeah not really. CDPR has some pretty strict rules on accepting help and under what conditions.

As the above poster mentioned, modding is actually a pretty good path. CDPR pays attention to quality mods, has actually hired modders in the past (some are leads now) and sees user-created content like that as both inspiring and informational.

With RedEngine, modding was an issue in terms of tools and support for modders; with UE5, modding will hopefully be a lot easier.

Top Bottom