Any way to recover saves?

+
55 hours in and all of my saves and auto saves load me back to the title screen with the message "saved data is damaged and cannot be loaded".

Is there any recovery potential or did Every save and auto save I have get corrupted at the same time somehow?

Attachments

• cpse.png
    cpse.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 598
Exactly the same thing over 100hrs... Waiting for any kind of contact from CDPR to adknowledge

Attachments

• broken save#.png
    broken save#.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 410
55 hours in and all of my saves and auto saves load me back to the title screen with the message "saved data is damaged and cannot be loaded".

Is there any recovery potential or did Every save and auto save I have get corrupted at the same time somehow?
I had the same problem after spending roughly the same amount of hours as you (54 hours). So I did some digging myself and testing. I can load some saves but every new saves (or auto saves) I make after will be corrupted automatically. When comparing the size of the save file between a new playthrough and the old playthrough, there's a drastic difference between the size of it. For example, a brand new playthrough will take up about 1.24mb, and my old 54 hours playthrough takes up 8.16mb. My speculation is that the save file increases over time, and at one point, the game will not be able to load it due to the size. Not sure if anyone else experiencing the same problem, but when you compare the loading of a old save and a new save, the time it takes to load a old save is much longer than a new save. I had to wait up to 2 minutes with a black screen for the game loading screen appears. That's all.
Sorry for my bad English.

I have almost the same issue, except for me it's only savegames from later on in the game, ones that are bigger than 8MB. Simply can't continue the game anymore

у меня после 52 часов загрузка любого сейва телепортирует в странное место как будто в катсцене , интерфеса нет, кнопки не жмутся .... можно только выйти в меню и загрузиться снова

after 52 hours, loading any save will teleport to a strange place as if in a cutscene, there is no interface, the buttons do not press ... you can only exit the menu and load again

Are you guys playing with cloud saves on? Cloud saves have ruined so many game saves for me in the past that I just keep it off now. No real need for it unless you are playing on multiple machines. That's the only thought I have currently.

I just read an article on IGN that if the saves get over 8mb they'll corrupt. I have no idea what would cause that. All my saves are in the KB. I guess all you can really do is keep an eye on your save files and check that they aren't growing larger.

So how do you get that file size down? By dropping items? Scrapping items?

I haven't tested it but I'd think the best way would be selling crap to a vendor or vending machine and then waiting 24 hours as that resets the vendor and clears away everything you just sold. Then save and see if that save has reduced or not.

Top Bottom