Any way to remove mist?

+
I remember from my previous playthroughs that most of the game looked crisp and clear especially in interiors. There was some fog in exteriors depending on weather but otherwise you could see things fine.
Returning after a while and I imagine, several updates, I see the game all foggy or misty. It's like a filter or something, which causes everything to look blanched and even hard to see things and details. This is especially bad around light sources, sort of a "godray" like effect except it is diffuse.
My settings are as before with most special effects like film grain turned off. Is there some other tweak I could use to get things cleared up again?

Attachments

• photomode_07092021_125035.png
    photomode_07092021_125035.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 283
  • photomode_07092021_125611.png
    photomode_07092021_125611.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 277
I remember from my previous playthroughs that most of the game looked crisp and clear especially in interiors. There was some fog in exteriors depending on weather but otherwise you could see things fine.
Returning after a while and I imagine, several updates, I see the game all foggy or misty. It's like a filter or something, which causes everything to look blanched and even hard to see things and details. This is especially bad around light sources, sort of a "godray" like effect except it is diffuse.
My settings are as before with most special effects like film grain turned off. Is there some other tweak I could use to get things cleared up again?
That does look a bit extreme. It might be that some foggy state of weather got trapped in your RAM or save-state, but I think it may simply be gamma / brightness / color temp / monitor settings.

I noticed this too. My first playthrough on 1.0.0 was clean and crisp with viewdistance for miles. Now it's mostly obscured by fog. I figured they added it to increase performance as basic fog technology is a good tradeoff between volumetric fog and draw distance. It would be nice to turn it down some or switch it to volumetric.

Yeah, it's definitely there, but the images posted by @Caralampio seem to be way more washed out that anything I'm seeing inside. Different if we're discussing distance fog or weather effects like the video above. It very well may be the same setting, though.

Also, can people specify if their results are using Ray Tracing or not?

DC9V

Forum veteran
Editing the rendering.ini file might be a bad idea.
You can add a new .ini file in the same directory, the name doesn't matter, and it should work just fine.
All you need to include is:
[Developer/FeatureToggles]
VolumetricFog = False

Top Bottom