Any way without mods to assign AIM and BLOCK to different keys for PC?

+
I love mods (I use to make them all the time for Oblivion and most of the other Beth games) but I am still avoiding mods for this game until the DLC is out.

Searching the internet for the factory setting for BLOCK for PC did not even find anything at all. All articles I found were only for the "controllers" like for xbox.
I did finally find one small article for PC keys and they did not mention block at all! :rolleyes:

The only way I was even able to find what button block was set to was to push every button on my keyboard until I did the block in the game.

So I found it was the same button for AIM guns to do the "block".

This was for the sword block, it may be different for H2H?

I am surprised this game has no "alternate" bindings where you may assign two sperate keys to the same action.
I am also playing a little Outlaws (20 year old game) and even that had alternate bindings.

The only way I was even able to find what button block was set to was to push every button on my keyboard until I did the block in the game.
I know someone which didn't follow the optional tutorial sections with T-Bug or don't remember it :)
Blocking is mentioned in fists fight training, then it's mentionned : "all the previous actions that you just learned for fists fights are also available with melee weapons such a katana"

I think it's "simply" because the game was "mainly" designed for controllers, and when you use a melee weapon, you don't/can't aim, so this key/button is not used.

(snip) I think it's "simply" because the game was "mainly" designed for controllers (snip)

You are probably right, the PC controls were very poor at launch (like many games theses days as they are just afterthought before publishing).

Maybe I can find a 3rd party program that fakes key board press when you push the mouse buttons. I want to get my RMB for blocks and keep my foot pedal for aim (foot pedal fakes keyboard press). I have used that arrangement for all my other sword/gun games (er, that allow alternate bindings I mean).

You are probably right, the PC controls were very poor at launch (like many games theses days as they are just afterthought before publishing).
Honestly, I don't get why games don't allow PCs (with K/M) to rebind every "actions" available. On consoles, it's understandable, due to the lack of buttons, they indeed, have to use tricks to add more (tap/double tap/hold), but on PC, seem odd :(
Like dodging... Just add an option to avoid the double tap...

Top Bottom