Any word on pre-load if possible?

+
archaven said:
I wish CDPR would allow me to pre-load much earlier as i only have 512kbps :(
In the latest conference Gog's guys said that you will be able to download 90% of the game since May 10th. I think they're doing to avoid a congestioned of multiple connection to GOG site.
archaven said:
One thing is confusing me. When you preorder on GoG.com, you don't pay for anything until the release date. So how will you be abel to preload then?
No one is saying that you will be able to pre-download anything until May 10th (at least). I guess at that point a payment will be certainly requested.

secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
I wish CDPR would allow me to pre-load much earlier as i only have 512kbps :(
In the latest conference Gog's guys said that you will be able to download 90% of the game since May 10th. I think they're doing to avoid a congestioned of multiple connection to GOG site.
secondchildren said:
One thing is confusing me. When you preorder on GoG.com, you don't pay for anything until the release date. So how will you be abel to preload then?
No one is saying that you will be able to pre-download anything until May 10th (at least). I guess at that point a payment will be certainly requested.
Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks.

It really would have been nice if they told us before hand that only gog would get preloading, would gone with them in that case instead of steam...

stefan9 said:
It really would have been nice if they told us before hand that only gog would get preloading, would gone with them in that case instead of steam...
I think they did. They told us about the GOG pre-loading, but they didn't say anything about other digital distributors - as they have nothing to do with them anyway. If you want to know if Steam has pre-loading, you need to ask Steam. Also, I thought you could still cancel your purchase with Steam if the game isn't released yet.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
I think they did. They told us about the GOG pre-loading, but they didn't say anything about other digital distributors - as they have nothing to do with them anyway. If you want to know if Steam has pre-loading, you need to ask Steam. Also, I thought you could still cancel your purchase with Steam if the game isn't released yet.
Yes, Steam accepts cancellation of pre-orders, but you must make your request timely and in order. If you want to cancel your Steam pre-order, you probably should do so as soon as possible.Detailed instructions: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1117862Note that you must make your request through your Steam support account (if you don't have one, you will have to register for one).Steam may not act immediately on your request, and may deny it if your request is not completely in order. Even if they delay action on your request, then deny it, you need to correct your request and resubmit it before the release date. If they delay until after the release date to deny your request, you are SOL.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
Could be wrong but pretty sure the first time preloading was mentioned was a few weeks ago at the cd projekt convention. The original press release mentioned no drm but nothing about preloading being restricted to gog.

stefan9 said:
stefan9 said:
stefan9 said:
Could be wrong but pretty sure the first time preloading was mentioned was a few weeks ago at the cd projekt convention. The original press release mentioned no drm but nothing about preloading being restricted to gog.
If a GOG representative talks about pre-loading on GOG, they mean that you can pre-load on GOG, nothing to do with restriction, because everything else is assumption on your part. They don't have anything to do with Steam or other DD's, so they have no obligation to know what they are doing and to tell you about it. You need to keep informed yourself, not lay the blame on someone else.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
If a GOG representative talks about pre-loading on GOG, they mean that you can pre-load on GOG, nothing to do with restriction, because everything else is assumption on your part. They don't have anything to do with Steam or other DD's, so they have no obligation to know what they are doing and to tell you about it. You need to keep informed yourself, not lay the blame on someone else.
They later announced that preloading would be exclusive to only gog. This information should have been released along with the no drm information so people could make an informed purchasing decision.Please explain how we could be informed about this when there was no information when the preordering started concerning preloading, as I said this was only announced weeks ago when lots of consumers had already preordered from different sources.I have now put through a cancelation request to steam, which I hope they will honor and preordered from gog. But this whole issue could have been avoid if this information was released early.

stefan9 said:
Please explain how we could be informed about this when there was no information when the preordering started concerning preloading, as I said this was only announced weeks ago when lots of consumers had already preordered from different sources.I have now put through a cancelation request to steam, which I hope they will honor and preordered from gog. But this whole issue could have been avoid if this information was released early.
Sorry, I don't know how you get that information from Steam, as I don't use it. But if I would, I would try and find out about pre-load before I placed the order. I hope you get your cancellation through and can enjoy your pre-load with GOG.

xnoxiousx said:
xnoxiousx said:
Steam almost always preloads their game. Then they unlock it the day that it's released. It prevents their servers from melting.
Thats with valve games and so on.If cd project says no it wont be fore preload.
No, they pretty much preload everything.

Did gog say that exactly. I don't really care, I've pre ordered a ton of games on steam and they've all been pre loaded at least a few days before the game even came out.

caccolo said:
Actually Steam preload doesn't unlock the game earlier, you still have to wait for the official release date so I don't see why CDPR would cut this opportunity at all for Steam users
Same reason why users get forced into using Steam by devs like Bethesda?Or maybe because Steam is a competitor?
EDIT: also preloads from Steam can't get hacked before official date cause files are encrypted from what I know :)
Now, that's funny right there.

Steam doesn't preload every single upcoming game, no matter how big or small, really anticipated or not, its up to developers if they want preloading on steam or not. If CDPR doesn't want preloading on steam, there will be no preloading on steam.

Top Bottom