Any workaround for missing mods?

+
Hello. So I wanted to play the update with new game plus on my last save. Unfortunately, I used mods then, like a lot of people.
So I couldnt start the game with mods installed. Then I deleted them, start the game, but then, I cant open up my save. It says I have to download things to open the save, but then it is not mentioned which things.
And I really wanted to to new game+ without having to play from the beginning again. Is there a workaround?
Post automatically merged:

And how will it even work with new third party mods installed on PC with cross-progression on consoles? Will this saves just not load or will the mods simply not work?

Last edited:
Yeah unfortunately that issue is hard to avoid entirely with a remastered version.

You could check out the list that is mentioned here and see if some of your mods are mentioned there:

Typically not every mod is that essential to launch the game.

But it's definitely possible that you will need to start fresh for this new edition of the game.

Yeah unfortunately that issue is hard to avoid entirely with a remastered version.

You could check out the list that is mentioned here and see if some of your mods are mentioned there:

Typically not every mod is that essential to launch the game.

But it's definitely possible that you will need to start fresh for this new edition of the game.
Yea probably I have to start a new game. Or wait for updated versions.
Still I am excited to see how it will work with cross-saves

New here so hoping on this post . i can only run the game with ALL Mods disabled, if I try to run even one mod like Fast Travel Anywhere I'll run the script tool but when I try to start up the game I'll get compilation errors and looks to be related to PS5, XBox, etc. I'm only trying to run on a laptop. Any ideas on this? Thanks

If you read the mentioned post, you'll see that there's not going to be an easy workaround. The game changed in several ways, so it's not surprising that some mods won't work any more.

Basically, you'll have to keep an eye on Nexusmods and wait for new mods from the community or updated versions for old mods.

Top Bottom