Anybody actually bothering with these updates?

+

Are you "updating" the game?

• Yes

Votes: 50 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 33.3%

• Total voters
Not sure about everyone else on PC but my game has never really been that broken or buggy.
Seems we risk downloading a broken version of the game everytime there's an update.
I am on 1.06 and think I am going to stay there.

Not updating unless they add new content.

Why would I not? Bug Fixes, Perfomance increases are useful, and this day and age you can download a 5 gig patch (pun intended) in the same time it takes to make a cup of tea.

I don't know, I was totally fine on 1.06, yeah some bugs and minor issues, but nothing major. The biggest issue was the Delamain mission wasn't working.
I am now on 1.1 and nothing seems to have changed; I honestly feel like I see more bugs and issues now. I was able to do the Delamain mission at least...

I don't know, I was totally fine on 1.06, yeah some bugs and minor issues, but nothing major. The biggest issue was the Delamain mission wasn't working.
I am now on 1.1 and nothing seems to have changed; I honestly feel like I see more bugs and issues now. I was able to do the Delamain mission at least...

Don't know. For me simply reloading a previous save tends to do the trick.
Only mission that's 100% broken for me is the talking vending machine but I don't think I care that much for it.

Been playing almost problem free on PC from the launch, just patched to 1.11 and it's a mess for me. NPCs stuck in buildings and scenery, clothing change leaves my char without clothes in inv. In game now I seem to be permanently stuck wearing one ugly boiler suit, no matter how many times I unequip it and put something else in its place.

Also been unable to put any thing in my vehicle stash.

Yes. I always patch if possible. The only time this has not been true for me was Skyrim backwards dragons. I spent a month on a previous patch to avoid the problem.

On a high end gaming PC I had no technical or gameplay issues from outset, and some key play features the game lacked for me were very soon addressed by some creative mods. I probably have at least a dozen mods installed now. Hence I have not updated to this patch. I play via Steam so simply avoid the patch by switching to launching the game direct from the .exe file in the game folder and not via the Steam launcher. This means it won't maybe track my in-game hours on the Steam portal but that doesn't bother me; not willing to risk getting bugs or issues just for this patch.

It wasn't and updated worth of jump from 1.06 to 1.1 for us on pc, but I anything helps.

For the forseeable future I'm going to stay on 1.06 just to preserve me the audio bug during the Never Fade Away quest (Archangel guitar riff playing over and over again in a loop). I love this bug so much, and was disappointed to find out it's actually a bug, and the quest wouldn't be as emotionally loaded for me in the following playthroughs without it.

During my 1+1/2 playthroughs so far I haven't met deal breaking bugs or glitches so I'm good.

For the forseeable future I'm going to stay on 1.06 just to preserve me the audio bug during the Never Fade Away quest (Archangel guitar riff playing over and over again in a loop). I love this bug so much, and was disappointed to find out it's actually a bug, and the quest wouldn't be as emotionally loaded for me in the following playthroughs without it.

During my 1+1/2 playthroughs so far I haven't met deal breaking bugs or glitches so I'm good.

Same, played through it twice. Riff was too good for me to think it was a bug.

I'm on PC and have had almost no issues since release as well. But I update because its what your supposed to do. Npo sense in being a negative nelly about the game if your not downloading the improvements.

I'm on PC and have had almost no issues since release as well. But I update because its what your supposed to do. Npo sense in being a negative nelly about the game if your not downloading the improvements.

Not sure if the Takemura calling you issue was such a great improvement.
I read somewhere that the new fix is making people crash as soon as the game loads.

I will stay with 1.0.6 until 1.2.X comes out.
With 1.1 I had lower performance, new bugs (I don't mean the call from Goro). Among them game breaking bugs, which I never had in my 3 runs before.
Fortunately, you can choose the patch level in GOG (y)

As long as the worst of the issues I have on Xbox One X can be fixed by reloading the last save/checkpoint, I'll just keep the game up-to-date. I'm in the situation where I've yet to see the game take any step back. Most of the more game-breaking issues reported on these forums have not popped up on my end, so I'm a pretty happy Cyberpunk 2077 player.

Given Ivé completed my playthrough and much from what I can tell isn't really worth the replay value I'm just gonna wait for DLC, however updates are great and I hope it can improve other peoples experience going into the game.

Every update I pray that all of a sudden the ps4 early release I play will be fixed. I enter the game and get sad pree quick but due to Cyberpunk being my world atm with each patch I seem to just revert back to my bug managing mode which is;

Do anything to fast and the engine won't keep up. I can't drive fast, I can't bunnyhop (that's even faster) and in most cases my arm cannon is going malfunction or I'll draw my katana and be empty handed for 40seconds.

I guess CDPR could say to me "You should have refunded" but there is no date as to when it will release on Ps4.

Yes I update the game in the hopes that it will work. Patch 1.11 improved frame rate in City Center and cutting people apart became smoother with physics becoming more stable..

Thing is I'm nursing the game engine. Everyday nursing bugs to avoid them I've been doing it for 250 hours and I think its starting to upset me.

It is my belief that CP2077 will never work on ps4. 4 patches and its very very rough with main issues being fast gameplay causes a bottleneck eg. After 4 patches the game still doesn't prioritize player inputs over open world rendering. Move 50m and I have to wait for the scene to render before I know my inputs will work.. And even then - The launcher projectile system malfunctions more than not and cannot be trusted to work. I use it to proc my Cold Blood

I m sticking on 1.06 for the foreseeable future.

I had upgraded to 1.1, but had the foresight to fully back up my save files and game prior to doing so.
I rolled back after seeing the LOD issues introduced in 1.1 I basically have the two installs, so might continue patching that version while keeping a version of 1.06.

Same, played through it twice. Riff was too good for me to think it was a bug.
It became my new ringtone :D

Last edited:
Like the OP, even though I'm on PC with relatively good performance (but a ton of graphical glitches(, my issues with the game are how far it falls short of being a fully fleshed out open-world RPG. I'm waiting for CDPR to address that. Bug fixes are important but bugs aren't the core problem with the game.
Post automatically merged:

On a high end gaming PC I had no technical or gameplay issues from outset, and some key play features the game lacked for me were very soon addressed by some creative mods. I probably have at least a dozen mods installed now. Hence I have not updated to this patch. I play via Steam so simply avoid the patch by switching to launching the game direct from the .exe file in the game folder and not via the Steam launcher. This means it won't maybe track my in-game hours on the Steam portal but that doesn't bother me; not willing to risk getting bugs or issues just for this patch.
I think you can disable updates in Steam. Not positive though. Google it. I used to do that for some other game I had modded, but can't remember which.

Top Bottom