Anybody else disappointed with netrunning/cyberspace/hacking?

+
Very disappointed doesn't cut it lol.

I was brainstorming cool alternatives and thought it would be hella dope if instead of playing sodoku every time you breach you'd play a boiled down version of Android: Netrunner (super fun card game). Since this is slightly more time consuming and tedious than the current minigame, they'd have to rebalance the benefits and make it worth the time to breach. You can build your deck as you play the game and you'd be able to get super rare cards by hacking famous netrunners etc. They'd also have to rework the breach skill tree but this is just a pipedream so oh well. Oh and if an enemy was attempting to hack you, you'd have to defend against it with your own ICE cards like in Android netrunner.

I liked it, it felt more fleshed out than Watch Dogs hacking which is all I wanted from this game but I would be excited to see improvements. I like the idea of having hardware and equipping software to it. Maybe dividing the scripts into subclasses like the tabletop does would have made things easier to make different types of netrunner builds. Defensive / Sneak / Damage hacker and use guns accordingly.

The biggest disappointment to me is that hacking has basically no effect on bosses.

Imagine how awesome it would be if you had to systematically break down boss subsystems, instead of maybe cripple their movement for long enough to deal 2% health damage shooing them.

Could have made those key encounters way more interesting, and enhance re-playability, if you get an entirely different experience based on specialization.

Kind of, i ended up just reseting the sight of ennemies and killing them with knife.
Using stealth/blade build atm

Haven't really played much yet, but are you all telling me that we don't even have something similar to this?

Haven't really played much yet, but are you all telling me that we don't even have something similar to this?

Aside from minor parts where it conveys the story, no, there doesn't seem to be truly interactable cyberspace.

WTF why is something like this not in the game..... It would have been so cool to have hacking abstracted into virtual combat, to make it just as exciting as gun/melee builds....

ps- I'm pretty stoked about the systemshock remake, I played the demo and it's dope as hell. Maybe it'll fill that rpg thirst. I honestly thought that 2077 was gonna be more like Deus Ex but open world.

I personally would like too see the function reimplemented where in order to hack something, you need to jack in manually. Either via an accesspoint that is a bit challenging to reach, or through an actual NPC that you grapple.
Monowire's function to hack from range could be put back too to make it actually useful.
Then you can actually utilize the hack cathegories. Hack the access point to set up vilnerability statuses, turn off cams etc, then use the monowire to utilize damage hacks.

I feel, adding a bit of a challange to be able to hack would make for a better sensation fo reward, since hacking is so overpowered in it's current form.

I don't mind the minigame, it helps with the fast paced gameplay.

Aside from minor parts where it conveys the story, no, there doesn't seem to be truly interactable cyberspace.

WTF why is something like this not in the game..... It would have been so cool to have hacking abstracted into virtual combat, to make it just as exciting as gun/melee builds....

So I can't even recreate "Ready Player One" or "Snowcrash" where I can just put on my VR goggles whenever I feel like it and dick around in some meta universe just for the fun of it??

I wish it was back like they showed it during all those trailers that you actually have to sneak up on enemy and plug the wire into them or plug it into dead buddy, not just scan them from afar and here you go.

I actually kinda like the hacking, it seems more in depth than other games I've played. My opinion anyway.

True, but I loved Gwent in Witcher 3 and wanted more of it. I'd have loved having something similar in place of the hacking we got.

I suggested in another thread that they have something like Android Netrunner where hacking is abstracted as an asymmetric card game and you get to build your deck as you find new cards. THat would be cool.

Well, the general approach of "hacking" is good (considering that is not that the main core of the game but surely one of the most important), but actually I would suggest to add more quickhackings modules because, as far I have seen until now, they are very few.

Well, another good addition would be to "counter-attack" netrunners (maybe with a quick mini-game, to be defined)......ok, now I'm thinking to something like TRON light bikes as a minigame....sorry. :D

Top Bottom