Anybody else noticed headlights being bugged?

+
I could't find a post about this anywhere and I'm wondering whether other people have this as well.

Lots of times the headlights on cars don't "glow". They light up the road in front of the car but the headlights themselves are dark.

Sometimes just one of the lights seems to glow. Especially noticeable on the red rear lights of cars. But it never affects the light cast in front of (or behind) the car.
EDIT: Silly me, after looking more closely I noticed that many cars actually do only have one light, so that's one "mystery" solved. :D

EDIT: Did some more testing and found out that it seems to be distance related and differs between cars. One car I found, kind of a truck (don't know the name of the car) the left headlight was glowing when I was within about 5m of the car. Further away it vanished, then at a distance of about 20m it comes back on again. On another car, that big expensive looking corpo ride, the headlight never seems to come on, no matter what I do.

Another example: At the end of the inital mission if you start as a Nomad, when you're in the garage talking to Jacky, he's totally lit up by the red rear lights of your car. When you walk around the car, there's no visible red lights glowing on the car.

Last edited:
Most lighting is separate from their light source and most shadows seem to be their own unique animations and not caused by an actual light source. One actual light source is the construction lights you can find in some areas. If you find one and turn it on you'll be able to see the shadow of your headless, legless torso.

Ok, maybe so...though I would disagree to some extent, when raytracing is actually all about "real" lighsources. And I'm sure there are plenty in the game, even if the headlights are not one of them.

Be that as it may, I fail to see what that has to do with my actual question. I was simply curious whether other people also noticed that car lights sometimes do not "light up" even though they are obviously "on" (light is being cast in front of the car, hence the headlights should glow) or whether there's something up with my settings or drivers or whatever.

Top Bottom