Anybody else think VGX 2013 was pathetic ?

+
Anybody else think VGX 2013 was pathetic ?

I personally believe it was pathetic and an insult to all of us gamers. First of all the clown Joel, that made fun of everyone including gamers, seemed to not even care about games. This is a serious show for gamers and this guy pissed all over the show and gamers. Then those rappers or whatever which I don't want to think about. The only good portions for me were The Witcher trailer, Dying Light gameplay, and Joel and Edward accepting the awards.
I thought it was a disgrace to our community.

Yea, it was pretty terrible. They had some nice bits here and there but... let's just they need to work on it a bit more.

Aver

Forum veteran
I watched the worst moments of VGX and I had great laughs. It seems that even one of the hosts knew that this show was pathetic.

Shawnkh said:
The only good portions for me were The Witcher trailer, Dying Light gameplay, and Joel and Edward accepting the awards.
I thought it was a disgrace to our community.

You forgot No Man's Sky. That was amazing.

The show was awful. Joel McHale was pretty funny though, loved how he nearly managed to make the Dorito Pope lose his cool.

Well Joel and Keighley dont work together as a duo at all. Those douchebag jokes worn off rather quickly and after some time I wanted it to stop.
I liked however that it was more relaxed and cozy in some studio room rather than some big stage out in the open.
The show would have been way better if they showed some 10 minute W3 gameplay and interview with CDP :p.

It was one of the most painful, awkward, un-engaging, unfunny, demeaning piece of shit shows I've even not seen.

I was watching it in 5 seconds bursts. I had the stream going but had to mute the fucking thing and look away because it was just so... disgustingly bad. Excruciatingly painful to watch.

I wanted to see the Witcher 3 trailer (obviously) but I gave up and thought fuck it. I'll find it on youtube tomorrow. It's not worth enduring this travesty for anything.

Oh and that music group. Fuck me...

EDIT:
I'll just leave this here in case anyone's interested

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvW9WwDLCxg[/media]

Was awful, hard to watch, but since we got a new trailer of witcher, the división, drying light and destiny (and some cool indies games) i forgot all the pain

pathetic? i don't know how much EA payed to make such a show but ea better quits the show business for the good of gaming sector.

No audience was a terrible mistake. If they would've watched some starcraft 2 tournies with live commentary but no audience they could've predicted how this was going to go. Something amazing is supposed to be going on and I couldn't hear anyone giving a fuck. Not even the hosts lol. But I enjoyed the show a lot. Random shit like the loiter squad just coming out of nowhere and the hosts disliking each other... like not even for show but for real. That went beyond cringe. Next level stuff. Thumbs up

Yeah, I feel sorry for those who watched it to see TW3 trailer. The trailer was worth it but still, what a horrible excuse of a show.

It was not just terrible, it was abysmal. I know why I would never be able to host a show - I would have publicly told that blabbering idiot to STFU, and that I am not paying him for this shit. I do not know, is he schizophrenic or something? I would have sued him for sabotaging it if I could. Right now, when video gaming is struggling to be recognized as a respectful activity, both esthetically and intellectually, such crap shouldn't be tolerated.

FoggyFishburne said:
It was one of the most painful, awkward, un-engaging, unfunny, demeaning piece of shit shows I've even not seen.

I was watching it in 5 seconds bursts. I had the stream going but had to mute the fucking thing and look away because it was just so... disgustingly bad. Excruciatingly painful to watch.

I wanted to see the Witcher 3 trailer (obviously) but I gave up and thought fuck it. I'll find it on youtube tomorrow. It's not worth enduring this travesty for anything.

Oh and that music group. Fuck me...

EDIT:
I'll just leave this here in case anyone's interested

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvW9WwDLCxg[/media]
Feel like I've got to mention that Joe hates Geoff Keighley passionately because he once destroyed him during an interview :p Sweet revenge for Joe I think.

What?
I watched a Joel VGX montage and he was the only good thing in the whole show.

Taking things sarcastically, not taking it seriously. Jeoff just couldn't lay back and roll with him.

I dont understand all this " VGX is a serious thing!Us gamers must unite and show ourself as serious business!Videogames are serious business!"

So TLDR : Joel was the only good thing from the show , saving it from being a corporate marketing asskissing fest, bringing the required humor and sarcasm.

Top Bottom