Anyone able to help me a bit with some oddities on modding melee weapons?

+
Have legendary baseball bat spec, which of course gives slightly different results each craft (and even different looks!). The Kunai mod (increases weapon attack speed by 0.3) only seems to effect the slower of the possible crafts.

Before Kunai mod is added:

Version 1: 992.5dps, 5 attacks per second

Version 2: 646.4dps, 3.26 attacks per second

After Kunai mod is added to both:

992.5dps, 5 attacks per second (NO CHANGE)

840.4 dps, 4.23 attacks per second (made much better)

Other stats on the weapons do not seem to effect this at all.

1) Is there some reason for this that anyone knows? Is there a max attack speed with melee weapons that I don't understand? When adding the Kunai to non-legendary Cottonmouth it upped the dps, but on legendary cottonmouth it did not do any increase (was the same before and after at 4 aps).

Also several other oddities compared to modding guns:

2) When adding crit damage, the dps of my bat does not change. The dps increase is definitely shown with guns. I also added crit damage to another melee weapon (Cottonmouth) and its visual dps was not increased.

3) Even when newly crafted, I can still upgrade it multiple times. For guns you can only upgrade it one time.

These oddities are making me worried that melee weapons are not effected by the crit damage mod at all, and are also capped on maximum attack speed possibly. Not sure if visual bug, intended or whatnot. If anyone has seen any resources on this, please point me to it!

Last edited:
I think that The attack speed must be capped, like in some other games, to prevent the animation from breaking. And in that case, as 5 attack per second is the max I have seen, that must be it.

Top Bottom