Anyone else annoyed about the police?

+

are you annoyed by this too? or are you fine with the system how it is.

• Yes its annoying

Votes: 89 90.8%
  • No I think its fine

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I haven't noticed this is a thing

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
I get they wanted a wanted system kind of like GTA, but it works in GTA because the police don't spawn DIRECTLY IN YOUR ASS they spawn a good distance away and arrive on scene to you. Moment you get a wanted level the game spawns a cop directly behind you or somewhere you aren't looking within 15 feet of you and before you know it your swarmed, the spawning frequency for just a single level is also just really intense which doesn't help the problem either.

I love the game but when I'm trying to get somewhere and accidently hit a fence that murders 6 pedestrians just before I get to a fast travel station, it puts me in an abhorrent mood and starts pissing me off.
So you consider murdering 6 people not a big deal?

Multiple times I've just walked past the cops and the detection meter starts filling and I'm thinking "wtf?! I didn't do anything!" Apparently its a crime to just mind your own buisness! I'm currently on the edge of Santo Domingo on the highway where there is a legendary pants item I'm trying to get and the cops just keep harassing me for no reason at all, and if I try to fight back 5+ more cops spawn right behind me w/drones and flatline me in seconds! Super annoying! Cops need to be fixed ASAP!

I was messing around with pacifist skippy, killed a cop to raise my wanted level and turned around to find 3 just spawned 2 meters from me, killed 1 of them and more spawned right behind me again. they don't even need cars or copters anymore, why do we still uses cars if there is such a fast mode of transport.

:ROFLMAO: Alright! Stop it; some of the posts are making my stomach hurt!

Yea, the spawning out of our back sides in over whelming force isn't too impressive. Responding to transgressions by our character? NP with that, but unless we transgress next to a crime scene we SHOULD NOT be getting "Insta Cop". Police response should be from a significant distance; we should hear the sirens coming, etc, etc. Police response to our "assisting" them with gang/gun battles could stand significant improvement too!

Periodically having conversational options with the police; like after we've helped them squash attacking bangers would be nice. Or, being able to ask officers questions pertaining to contracts we've accepted i.e. if the police are in the neighborhood; you'd think they'd have "some" knowledge about gang activity in their area.

I'm sure CDPR is aware of these issues and sincerely hope they're enhancing our police relations in a future patch! TY!

Probably the worst aspect and I feel like this was majorly overlooked. I get that it's not a rampage simulator like GTA with reactive NPCs and a decent police system. You can't even shoot from your car/bike outside certain quests so it makes open-world car chases and vehicle combat not viable.. I can get past those since I'm not a rampage guy.

But at the very least fix the spawning.. Beause they literally spawn inside walls.

I'm really hopeful that after a month or two, the Cop A.I will be overhauled. The cut content of what the wanted system was supposed to be still remains in the game. Check it out.

I think i remember hearing on the radio when i was driving, it took NC version of SWAT half and hour to go take down the perp. Now compare to us, accidentally shoot someone in the foot and drones are already gunning you down. Also the cyber psycho missions, they more often then not don't even respond to them.

The reason I’m so annoyed is cuz I got wanted by the police about 10 hours ago on the street of the Raymond Chandler Evening mission. Despite being 10 hours ago, the police there shot at me (no other police have) and caused the mission to fail and I just missed in my opinion one of my favourite missions in the game. Cheers

The reason I’m so annoyed is cuz I got wanted by the police about 10 hours ago on the street of the Raymond Chandler Evening mission. Despite being 10 hours ago, the police there shot at me (no other police have) and caused the mission to fail and I just missed in my opinion one of my favourite missions in the game. Cheers
I recommend reporting this to support via support site, as this is case where police mechanic as it's for now prevented completing that job.

On support site: Gameplay -> I am unable to complete/ progress in a quest - > Contact us

And if you have a save before start the quest, try to kill the cops involved and run away to loose your bounty. Normally, you would be fine.
But yeah, it's annoying, but it's a bug introduced in 1.3, so it should be fixed in the next patch for sure ;)

The cop/wanted system is atrocious for a 2020 game, its so poorly implemented.

To be honest, it really seems like a placeholder system that would be used during development. We all know the devs ran out of time, even after getting crunched, so odds are what we have is a "good enough" system to get the game out of the door.

A terrible decision to have such a bare bones system in the game, and its not the devs fault, the fault lays at the feet of those who signed off on the system and the rest of the game.

Other than the spawning out of thin air, it's fine. This ISN'T G.T.A. (why do so many people want games to be other than how they were designed?)
The cops are out in the open, in a city where they could get shot at any given second by some ganger, so it makes sense they're on high alert. You standing around, looking like you could be some gang member yourself, doesn't help the matter.

I personally miss how they worked on release; I could get a few blocks away from them and they'd leave me alone. Now they're just straight up annoying. Every time I come back to the area that "I committed a crime" they respawn around me. It's stupid. After 5 in game days, I still can't go to that spacific area on the map without them trying to kill me.

I personally miss how they worked on release; I could get a few blocks away from them and they'd leave me alone. Now they're just straight up annoying. Every time I come back to the area that "I committed a crime" they respawn around me. It's stupid. After 5 in game days, I still can't go to that spacific area on the map without them trying to kill me.
It's totally a bug (introduced in 1.3) ;)
Very annoying indeed, but it will probably fixed in the next patch.

Since what we're hearing about the pressure on the Devs from management, perhaps. We may never know. Bottom line is though, if a solution is more detrimental than it is benefiting to the experience then it should just be cut entirely for the time being.

That is just lazy, the idea of it and the implication of it. if developers want to adopt this trait then you will be left with nothing but a blank screen or the chinesse taking over devlopment and just imagine then what you be left with.. ive seen it to oftern. people cry about game play or baddie's being to hard then the development team soften's and cave's in or straight removes entirly then you left with an sand box with no sand and customers digging and playing somewhere else

Can’t say that I’d be annoyed, but it is a disappointing system to say the least.

I would’t necessarily fix it with added GTA style cop chases (those can exist in the world, though, for the NPCs), but rather try to figure out something mire subtle, that lingers and accumulates in the background, and makes the player have harder time throughout.

But.... I love the city... and I don't care about the police system ... :coolstory:

Of course this police system is embarassing.
But Pawel Sasko toold us that even Sonic doesn't have it... so we are all good :giveup:

Top Bottom