Anyone else feel let down?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
don't worry, the espansion is on tha making and the screenshots and traler are on the way, just 4 or 5 more months it's nothing, everythingwill be out when it's ready :)

the silence around Cyberpunk 2077 is a crime against humanity

True.
The only thing we have is a very good trailer for a few years now.

Maybe theyre downgradin the expansion

Thats reminds me to something.. :evil:

Why would I feel let down? They are working hard on expansion and I understand that. We will have large new map, new story, characters, gear and locations on that map. These things take time...

:facepalm2:How exactly is wanting any kind of information after 4 months being impatient and jeesus nobody expects gameplay footage but some any kind of update from cdrp: screen shot, statement, "sup guys we're working on it" ; the exp is set to launch not that far away from now so this is perfectly normal. Being completely silent is not. And if you seriously think this is " manipulation " thats just laughable.

I don't need CDPR to release a statement saying "sup guys we're working on it" because I know they are working on it.

Game design is an iterative process, and it's highly possible that CDPR doesn't want to release any information now because they are still making tweaks to gameplay, art design, or a myriad of other things.

Remember how they were raked over the coals by the forum goers for supposedly downgrading the graphics from an earlier E3 demo? Better to just finish what they are doing, then maybe release a trailer or two a couple of weeks before launch.

I don't really blame them for the new approach of releasing less info. (1) The game is already hugely successful and they probably don't feel the same need to create the same amount of hype for the last expansion... they know many will be there to purchase it. (2) Showing too much, too early already led to one "downgrade" controversy and it was pretty obvious from some developer comments around release time that the experience affected them. They probably want to wait until they have a finished product before they start showing anything. (3) They've already released a bunch of info about it to give us a general idea of what to expect. Sure their haven't been any videos, trailers and the like ... but we know enough already IMO. Patience is a virtue.

I'm one of the few who have never finished the base game nor did I play Hearts of Stone

I'm not going to harp on this too much, but I would recommend you do both. It's very good. If it's a time thing just play on "Just the Story" and breeze through. It's worth it.

EDIT: sevean is a ninja. :shuriken:

Last edited:
Well, stop being salty MOM. In all honesty, your post almost ready like a mom or dad being overprotective of their child and wanting them to report them about everything. Just keep cool. Has nothing to do with loyalty or anything. Like CDPR always say: It's ready when it's ready. The game was awesome, the first expansion was not bad. They are working hard on it. You don't need to know more. They will fire up the hype train soon enough.

Not gonna lie. I'll feel let down if we don't get an EE. There are so many things they got near right, but failed. Anyone defending them here, saying they should move on - absurd. The reason they have such a strong fanbase is due to their post release support so far. Every Witcher game has received and NEEDED an EE. This one does too.

Huh? I'm afraid that went over my head.

You said exactly what I was going to say just before I hit enter. Specifically this ...

Remember how they were raked over the coals by the forum goers for supposedly downgrading the graphics from an earlier E3 demo? Better to just finish what they are doing, then maybe release a trailer or two a couple of weeks before launch.

(2) Showing too much, too early already led to one "downgrade" controversy and it was pretty obvious from some developer comments around release time that the experience affected them. They probably want to wait until they have a finished product before they start showing anything.

Very sneaky of you ... like a ninja.

CDPR don't owe us anything. This theory that fans seems to have invented that release of information is and should be done by the measure of time since the last release is both incorrect and an unwise way of doing things. Based on Hearts of Stone's teasers, we're looking at two to three weeks prior to the actual release date.

T = the release of the expansion, not 'the last time I saw them release something'. Let's say the expansion is released on May 19th (like the main game :^) ), we should expect information around the beginning of May and no sooner. Anything extra -- like the screenshots for Blood and Wine released in December, is extra and not compulsory like you're implying. You have no right to that advertising material, sure it's nice to get it -- but CDPR don't owe it to you. It's a privilege, not a right.

Their silence is not the result of some conspiracy, but because they haven't reached T minus 3 weeks yet. You being salty is because of your own attitude not because CDPR is breaking any rules regarding serving the individual loyal customer.

How I see this, is that if they release a lots of "advertises", people start to ask WHEN it's coming out. Is it coming out soon 'cause we are having this many teasers? Is it out yet? Why it isn't out yet!? What can take so long when we have already seen this much?

That would create too much pressure on CDPR and after Dragon Age 2, I don't never ever want to see anything rushed again. As much as I would like to see more about Blood And Wine, I will wait patiently and keep my mouth shut. Like someone mentioned here earlier, it's ready when it's ready.

Please lay down the pitchforks everybody I adore the franchise and the company just as much as the next guy and maybe the term salty wasn't adequate. Anyway all i meant was that a keeping fans in the dark so long is a bit frustrating(inc "omg im not frustrated you spoiled brat comment; ". Nobody wants the content rushed/shown unready or anything of the fucking sort.
Also a long period of silence could be related to problems and/or a delay if you want to go that route but I personally don't think that's the case.

Off-topic:Turn the fanboy-ism down a notch guys, we all love CDRP but sometimes it makes discussions on this forum one-sided and biased.

Please lay down the pitchforks everybody

There were a number of threads like this that happened before the release of the game and usually from brand new/low posting accounts like yours. Needless to say, seeing a pattern like this repeat itself before the final product regarding Witcher that's going to be released is somewhat overwrought. Also the title of your thread is 'Anyone else feel let down?'. Combine that with 'salty' and the response is going to be something like 'excuse you?'

Just as your frustration at having no content is perfectly normal, so is the general reaction you have received on this thread.

Also a long period of silence could be related to problems and/or a delay if you want to go that route but I personally don't think that's the case.

Yeah, probs not. I wouldn't be worried about delays/errors until the end of April. But imo, this silence is normal - referencing the quiet before the release of Hearts of Stone.

I think there were also complaints about them revealing a little TOO much on HoS, there were some spoilers in that trailer.

(I was warned off watching it. Managed to avoid it until after the launch)

Not that I care too much either way, but there is a middle ground between promising stuff that does not make it into the game and not releasing information at all. I think the developers likely have a reasonably good idea of what aspects of the expansion are doubtful for various reasons (because there is disagreement about them, they are difficult to implement, etc.), and what is already fairly certain. So, while I am OK with the policy of not saying anything, I do not agree that it would not be possible to release some information without a major risk of criticism later.

Based on Hearts of Stone's teasers, we're looking at two to three weeks prior to the actual release date.

That is not entirely true, this thread was opened more than a month before the release of Hearts of Stone, and it already answered many questions. And it was teased very early with a picture that Shani would be a character in the expansion. Although with HoS a major step was indeed taken in the direction of the current policy. And even for BaW, there were the occasional bits of info from Marcin Momot earlier on Reddit and Twitter, but those seem to have stopped since then.

That is not entirely true, this thread was opened more than a month before the release of Hearts of Stone, and it already answered many questions. And it was teased very early with a picture that Shani would be a character in the expansion. Although with HoS a major step was indeed taken in the direction of the current policy. And even for BaW, there were the occasional bits of info from Marcin Momot earlier on Reddit and Twitter, but those seem to have stopped since then.

Ah, true. Nevertheless, I think it's too soon to be worried about Blood and Wine based on that information. I mean that's about T minus 5 weeks, right? And that's the official announcement of the release date itself. I think it's going to be quite hush hush for a while, maybe we'll get a little snippet in the next few weeks but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom