Anyone else feel let down?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wel everything in due course, I rather they take their time creating something awsome (which I have faith in) then rush things to provide material for people too see.

* Ofcourse it's nice to see new screenshots etc but I am (for me personally) quite content atm.

Last edited:
I feel let down.

Two screenshots in 5 months,and no official info in 3 months is NOT fitting to "Geralt's last adventure".He should have been going out with a bang,not like this.

Some say "they are working hard,that's why they don't reveal anything".Well,producing the expansion has little to do with promoting it.Unless you think that they weren't working hard during the development of the main game.

Others,say that CDPR doesn't reveal anything in fear of potential "downgrade" comments.What are you talking about?I don't think that anyone is expecting a graphics upgrade.Nor do they expect CDPR to unveil special info,that might actually be cut.

We aren't even asking much.All we ask is a couple of screenshots every other week to feed the hype.They needn't showcase any unique place and/or character,monster and gear.

CDPR know this,but yet they do nothing.I am sure they have their reasons and i respect them as a company,but the marketing of Geralt's last adventure is completely wrong IMO.

I disagree...6 months before release of the game, month before DLC or expansion is enough. Less pressure on the devs, less disappointment about features that always end up being cut from the game and more budget is spend on actually developing the game than promoting it.

Nor do they expect CDPR to unveil special info,that might actually be cut.
Well, that's actually quite possible. They cut A LOT OF things from the base game. It annoys me as hell, but I don't blame them too much, cuz I'm sure they did it due to time restrictions and censorship in some countries.

We aren't even asking much.All we ask is a couple of screenshots every other week to feed the hype. (...)

CDPR know this,but yet they do nothing.I am sure they have their reasons and i respect them as a company,but the marketing of Geralt's last adventure is completely wrong IMO.

Every week? seriously?:eredinfacepalm: It will destroy the surprise and all the fun of exploring. I hate to know everything about the game / expansion before it even releases.

They needn't showcase any unique place and/or character,monster and gear.
So what do you want to see? The same city / forest / lake from every possible perspective? If you want to see screenshoots every week and you do not want them to be spoilery - it's the only way.

The way of Hearts of Stone marketing was great for me. They didn't say too much about the expansion, which is really good.

Well, that's actually quite possible. They cut A LOT OF things from the base game. It annoys me as hell, but I don't blame them too much, cuz I'm sure they did it due to time restrictions and censorship in some countries.

Every week? seriously?:eredinfacepalm: It will destroy the surprise and all the fun of exploring. I hate to know everything about the game / expansion before it even releases.

So what do you want to see? The same city / forest / lake from every possible perspective? If you want to see screenshoots every week and you do not want them to be spoilery - it's the only way.

The way of Hearts of Stone marketing was great for me. They didn't say too much about the expansion, which is really good.

I said "every other week",which means every 2-3 weeks.

I am surprised that some of you feel that asking for a few screenshots every month showcasing some RANDOM( =not spoilery) house/enemy/monster is too much.

I said "every other week",which means every 2-3 weeks.

Not to be a sticker here, but I'm pretty sure every other week just means every two weeks. Why the need to say 2-3?

I am surprised that some of you feel that asking for a few screenshots every month showcasing some RANDOM( =not spoilery) house/enemy/monster is too much.

I don't think that asking for screenshots is necessarily "too much." I just don't feel "let down" by CDPR for not releasing anything. That's the difference. To feel let down would mean that I have the expectation that they would release additional images. To be "let down" I would have to believe that if they don't release photo's they have let us down as fans or something ... and I do not feel that way at all. I don't expect anything other than a great expansion upon release. I've already bought the expansion pack. I'll see it when it comes out. Would a picture or two hurt? ... I guess not so long as they didn't include spoilers. But I wouldn't feel "let down" if the next thing we saw was a trailer in May.

Last edited:
Sup guys, we're working on it.

Thats way to much info for the moment.. :p

The only thig I feel let down about is the non following closer to the books. I just finised reading all of them in a 8 month period of time. Now I feel like not playing it untill the last expansion that I pre-ordered.

Let's not pick apart CDPR.. they made the greatest game of all-time. Also the greatest expansion of all-time. I assume B+W will be the next greatest expansion of all time. Let them work.

The only reason that I feel bad/sad about this is because I've been holding of playing the Newgame+ after I finished HoS.
:sadtriss:

But as Dragonbird said I'll probably also try to avoid watching trailers etc as to avoid spoilers as not to take away from the sense of discovery when actually playing the expansion. Really hope that the expansion is awesome. Don't rush it.
:cheers:

@op No, not let down at all. We all knew B&W was going to take a while to be released. And there 2 Screenshots of it! I wouldn't a Dev's diaries or something like that but it could mean one less pair of hands on the project or additional costs. If the first expansion was advertised as "10 hours" value or something and it is really more like 50 hours minimum to be fully explored plus some 80-120 hours to get Geralt fit for it (at least in Death March. I have no idea how much faster one can run through the game on easier difficulties), I can't even imagine how long will B&W be. I'm hoping for a lot!

And I simply cannot play HoS as a stand alone Pack. Makes no sense to me. One, I love to have full control of my Geralt developing its gear and support equipment quality and two, the worse, when I open the Map and see that whole friggin' world unexplored, I freak out and go exploring the frak all of it! OCD is so cool in Neil Hilborn Poem and so demanding in a game like The Witcher. Can't say I mind it though. In fact, I think I love it. =))

one of the best poems ever - I laugh a lot then get wet eyes every time I watch it. Manly tears of course!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnKZ4pdSU-s

Last edited:
I want CDPR to pull a Beyonce and release Blood and Wine with absolutely no warning whatsoever. No trailer, no screenshots, just to wake up one morning with a RED post containing only this:

and then we'll know.

Attachments

• ezgif.com-resize.gif
    ezgif.com-resize.gif
    160.9 KB · Views: 132
I've already said it few times on the forums. Once we have something to share, we won't hesitate to do so. You will find out from our official announcements here and on our social media. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and anticipation. I know it can be hard to contain the hype sometimes but for the time being we all have to try.:)

I've already said it few times on the forums. Once we have something to share, we won't hesitate to do so. You will find out from our official announcements here and on our social media. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and anticipation. I know it can be hard to contain the hype sometimes but for the time being we all have to try.:)

If anyone deserves a communities patience and respect, it is you guys. Take as long as you need, do your thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom