Anyone else feel let down?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already said it few times on the forums. Once we have something to share, we won't hesitate to do so. You will find out from our official announcements here and on our social media. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and anticipation. I know it can be hard to contain the hype sometimes but for the time being we all have to try.:)

Do your thing dog.. but with how progressive you guys are with free DLC and the incredibleness of the game and CDPR in general, I'm surprised you guys aren't doing ANY type of updates, screenshot releases, trailers, not a single world. You guys had ultimate word of mouth for 16 weeks straight with free DLC each week.. hasn't been much news on the game since HoS was released. Don't let it fall off peoples' radar my dude.

Its been four months since any news about B&W at all. In my opinion this contradicts a hell of a lot with CDRPs marketing and what they stand for , being open and loyal to gamers, their fans.

They have done this in many ways with TW3. Not just wit B&W. But you're right. Totally agree

They have done this in many ways with TW3. Not just wit B&W. But you're right. Totally agree

TW3 can't be everything to everyone. The fact is that CDPR did the best job that they could with the resources they had, and if you are disappointed with a certain aspect of the game, that doesn't mean that the company has suddenly turned "anti-gamer."

The sour grapes on these forums is getting really old.

The sour grapes on these forums is getting really old.
Old sour grapes can lead to Blood and Vinegar -- and only a few people really enjoy vinegar with their blood. (It does leave rather a taste in the mouth.)

However, it's pleasant to see supportive and patient comments in this thread as well.

I actually like their low profile. It seems they are working hard on B&W. Let them do the marketing when the actual content is almost ready for release like Bethesda did.
There is nothing to feel offended, people are working to deliver the best experience possible and will be ready to show us more when they feel confident the product is ready for marketing.

Their low profile is what caused people to rage about the downgrade, not a smart move tbh

Let's not pick apart CDPR.. they made the greatest game of all-time. Also the greatest expansion of all-time. I assume B+W will be the next greatest expansion of all time. Let them work.

I want to be clear. I am in no means picking apart CDPR, I was just saying that it's a big difference between books & games. I love Triss to death, but she should not have been a choice for a love interest. Shani never met Geralt. The only other one where Geralt said "I think I loved you" was to Fringilla.

I am simply saying that it's too bad the 3 games didn't have more to do with the books. The games are fantastic, love them. Can't wait until I can get the first one after I have a working computer. I just have to keep in mind that it's a game & not the books.

Think about it like this. All the Stephen King books that have been turned into movies & made for TV movies & shows. 75% of his movie contents have nothing to do with the books.

Sorry for the rambling,
BadWolf

Ay, and let's head back towards the topic, please, which is players' reactions to CDPR's current announcement policy. Thank you.

I actually like their low profile. It seems they are working hard on B&W. Let them do the marketing when the actual content is almost ready for release like Bethesda did.

That might not be the most fortunate comparison, hopefully the expansion will be received better than Fallout 4. Although admittedly when there is no information, people may build their own expectations, and that can also lead to disappointment. In any case, there will probably be more information about 1 month before the release again, so that also suggests there is probably still more than 1 month until BaW.

Not sure what that has to do with the topic of this thread, as it does not look like it was intended to be a shipping war or books vs. games war, and we have seen more than enough of those anyway.

Sup guys, we're working on it.

This could be made sticky, the most informative reply so far. :)

I didn't read this entire thread; sorry if this has been mentioned before. But building a major game/expansion involves a lot of grunge work that is very time consuming and not all that interesting. Months can easily pass without a single element that could be represented in a screenshot being apparent. A little heads-up from time-to-time might be nice, but would consist of literally, "We're still working on it."

How many times can you say, "Still going," before even that sounds lackluster? Good things take time, is all.

The HoS teaser was released 1 month before DLC. So if mr. Momot says REDteam have no info to share - than i guess DLC comes out later than expected (in June prob) and there will be no update on it untill late April/May. Brace yourselves :mean:

I'm also thinking June, maybe July.

B&W is going to be pretty big and ambitious, I'm sure they're hard at work and aiming to deliver the best experience that they can. Just leave them be and let them work.

May I recommend Pillars of Eternity or Divinity - Original Sin to keep you busy? Or Rise of The Tomb Raider. Or Talos Principle. Or XCOM2. Or Fallout NV and Fallout 4. Or KOTOR 1 and 2. Or Skyrim. Or Mass Effect 2. Or Europa Universalis 4. Or... well you get the point.

Its been four months since any news about B&W at all. In my opinion this contradicts a hell of a lot with CDRPs marketing and what they stand for , being open and loyal to gamers, their fans. Now im not asking for the expansion to be rushed or anything, but its almost insulting to fans to not have released any single bit of information be it a teaser,screenshot, forum post , tweet or even news about news in 4 months. Personally im a little bit salty, what about you guys ?
:radovidsmug:

Let down?

Let down? ? ? ? Insulting ? ? ?

Not having news about the expansion just means they're working on it. A real let down would be realising your favourite character from the Witcher 2 never made it into the Witcher 3!!!!!!!
Don't u talk about a let down..... you don't know True Pain™

Thing is, you as a representative of a bunch of gamers that complaint the game producer for letting you be too excited for a new release.
Suggestion, cool yourself down, turn your attention to other stuff for a bit for the time being, then come back to check out again.

What's fascinating about marketing is that it "magically' makes people actually spend TIME anticipating stuff they have no control of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom