Anyone else finding Fake Ciri kind of tricky?

+
Tingo27;n8648210 said:
I like the changes she got from close beta to open beta. If facing consume monsters or decks that will destroy her, you can always place it in your own board and get +3 str. Though she is only 9 str but her spy ability makes up for it in other games.

I agree - the core idea of this card has always been intriguing for me but thanks to this change she's more viable.

Steal it to your hand with Emhyr or Decoy it back to their side. Or wait until it's almost the end of the round and lock it, she stays on your side. Or kill it with Vilgefortz. There are quite a few ways to deal with. Personally I don't run it because of that. Good for cheesing AI which can't do math though :p

Last edited:
Fake Ciri is one of those units which I love about Gwent. She's a card you have to give some thought to. Play her in enemy territory, and which row? Or play her on your side? Not a unit you just play to pile on.

JohnathanHopkins;n8496910 said:
I play around 2100 MMR and I see her fairly often. If I have a lock I usually play it slow and wait until the round is winding down and she is nice and plump and then I lock her. It seems to catch a lot of NG players by surprise because they seem to expect me to lock her immediately

Rofl, I am currently seeing them squinch up their faces.

Locking is the reason because it is not highly overpowered in my opinion. But of course the enemy can toggle the lock back. Probably the most players playing Fake Ciri are having a toggle lock card in their deck, aren't they?

I like her. She's tricky and can sometimes bite you, but she complicates math, makes your opponent focus on her (thus not dealing with your other cards), and is a great target to make Resilient.

Fake ciri is cool at the right time or against some opponents. Sometimes i will just shove her back in my deck if it involves fighting monsters. I always have auckes on hand to go with so i can savage her if they lock. I find she rarely is useful first hand best for 3rd when hopefully both decks are low on cards and means to disfuse her.

Also good when baiting people into thinking there winning on first round but risky move as you level up cause people are aware of ability.

Top Bottom