Anyone else has weird fps drops even when doing nothing but standing still after the 1.06 update?

+
Even when the game just came out, I could play the game with fps dropping rarely below 30 (and this was limited to driving and such, It would drop to at worst 25 or so which I didn't mind much). Now, after the 1.06 update, even though I still use the same settings, my fps drops to 10s randomly even when I'm indoors and doing absolutely nothing. It gets worse over time too, when I first boot up the game it plays solid 30-60 fps depending on what I'm doing for 5 minutes or so, then the fps drops begin and it slowly gets worse and worse until it shifts between 10 to 30 constantly which makes the game unplayable. Anyone else experiences this? I could really use an expert opinion here because I have 0 idea what causes this and the problem seems only with Cyberpunk. Also worth mentioning is that now there are audio cracks and pops in-game while there was none before the 1.06 so maybe these two issues are related. Here are my system specs and game settings:

1080p

RTX 2070 (laptop version)

Intel Core i7-9750H

16GB RAM

500GB Samsung SSD

Settings:

Contact Shadows: On

Improved Facial Lighting Geometry: On

Local Shadow Mesh Quality: High

Local Shadow Quality High

Cascaded Shadows Range: High

Cascaded Shadows Resolution: Medium

Distant Shadows Resolution: High

Volumetric Fog Resolution: Ultra

Volumetric Cloud Quality: Medium

Max Dynamic Decals: Ultra

Screen Space Reflections Quality: High

Subsurface Scattering Quality: High

Ambient Occlusion: Low

Colour Precision: High

Mirror Quality: High

Level of Detail: High

DLSS: Balanced

No Ray Tracing

Last edited:
I've experienced this issue once, I believe that the problem was in mod I downloaded from Nexus, which changes NPC behavior. Seems like some NPC doesn't despawn as they originally do when you turn the camera away, and load the memory with their presence.
If you use this mod, try to remove it. If not, then I dunno :)

I've experienced this issue once, I believe that the problem was in mod I downloaded from Nexus, which changes NPC behavior. Seems like some NPC doesn't despawn as they originally do when you turn the camera away, and load the memory with their presence.
If you use this mod, try to remove it. If not, then I dunno :)

I had the Cyber Engine Tweaks mod temporarily (to get the cyberware from Fingers because screw him I will always punch that weirdo) but I uninstalled it a while back. Thanks for the reply though.

I have definitely experienced FPS drops which I hadn't before. Not even in demanding parts of the map so it's probably due to a patch or something, not due to my PC rig. I'm playing on Ryzen 7 3700x and Radeon 5600XT on Ultra settings. they tweaked something with graphics that's for sure, hope they fix it soon. I haven't experienced exactly what you have, but try maybe reinstalling game on your SSD maybe, make backup of saves files tho.

I have definitely experienced FPS drops which I hadn't before. Not even in demanding parts of the map so it's probably due to a patch or something, not due to my PC rig. I'm playing on Ryzen 7 3700x and Radeon 5600XT on Ultra settings. they tweaked something with graphics that's for sure, hope they fix it soon. I haven't experienced exactly what you have, but try maybe reinstalling game on your SSD maybe, make backup of saves files tho.

Yeah, I'm gonna try a clean install now, it really is unplayable like this, thanks mate.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, tried the clean install. The drops are less frequent now but they are absolutely still there. At least it is somewhat playable now which is not ideal but eh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom