Anyone else keep coming back?

+
Since completing this game thoroughly (all side missions, NCPD scanners, gigs. psychos etc, even the ending 3 different times) Im halfway through a second playthrough. I have since tried to play Red Dead Redemption II, Metro Exodus, Days Gone, Far Cry 6, I even purchased Crysis 3 remastered (looks incredible) and I keep coming back to Cyberpunk 2077 lol. It's just such an amazing game and satisfying on so many levels. Yes I am aware of all the bugs (300hrs in it's hard to miss them) but the game still rules. I have a very high end rig and the game looks incredible for me but so do those other games that I mentioned. Still this is the one that keeps me coming back.

Anyone else have any game suggestions? Can't seem to really get into any of them like I do with this one

I agree. For all its flaws (which are being corrected), the game has a really compelling world that keeps me coming back. In fact, I really haven't looked much at any other open world or RPG type games since this one arrived. I'll probably get deep into Starfield, but that is not due until November.

If the first big expansion really makes the world more interactive (able to engage vendors, have conversations with and hook up with random NPCs, sit on all seats, etc) as well as providing more content, I don't see any need to find another game in the near future.

I agree. For all its flaws (which are being corrected), the game has a really compelling world that keeps me coming back. In fact, I really haven't looked much at any other open world or RPG type games since this one arrived. I'll probably get deep into Starfield, but that is not due until November.

If the first big expansion really makes the world more interactive (able to engage vendors, have conversations with and hook up with random NPCs, sit on all seats, etc) as well as providing more content, I don't see any need to find another game in the near future.

Ahh yep I am also looking forward to Starfield. As a huge fan of the Fallouts (maybe Im just used to bugs to be bothered by them :p ) That game looks amazing

Very, very difficult to suggest a game if you are like me...
Just before the 1.52 update, I bought Metro Exodus and Dragon Age Inquisition... But as soon as the 1.52 was release, I dropped them to play Cyberpunk again... :D
Unfortunately, there isn't a "new" game that would make me drop Cyberpunk :(

The only ones that make me "forget" Cyberpunk are "old" games and my favorites... So after finishing my current ME-LE playthrough and while waiting for the next Cyberpunk update, I'll probably finish Metro Exodus and DAI, and maybe even start a new run on DOS2 (it should be enough but not sure^^).

Since completing this game thoroughly (all side missions, NCPD scanners, gigs. psychos etc, even the ending 3 different times) Im halfway through a second playthrough. I have since tried to play Red Dead Redemption II, Metro Exodus, Days Gone, Far Cry 6, I even purchased Crysis 3 remastered (looks incredible) and I keep coming back to Cyberpunk 2077 lol. It's just such an amazing game and satisfying on so many levels. Yes I am aware of all the bugs (300hrs in it's hard to miss them) but the game still rules. I have a very high end rig and the game looks incredible for me but so do those other games that I mentioned. Still this is the one that keeps me coming back.

Anyone else have any game suggestions? Can't seem to really get into any of them like I do with this one
I never left.

Sure, sometimes I play RE2R, Tomb Raider, and now FF7R, due to the amazing mods, but I'll never leave this game. There's always something to do, even just take one of the vehicles for a random drive.

Playing it this morning again, just wandering around thinking to myself what is wrong with me, I have elder ring, 3 mins or something played, rdr2, never got beyond rescuing that guy from the snow storm, mass effect 1,2 and 3 which I know I will love if I get round to playing them. The only other thing I am playing right now is total war warhammer 3, another game that is hated by the community on launch.

Working for my previous employer had it's perks. I had an extremely powerful gaming laptop, that, the day the game released, I downloaded Steam, purchased Cyberpunk and got to gaming. After switching jobs, I no longer had that laptop. Seeing as games don't grab my attention like they used to, I couldn't bring myself to spending thousands of dollars on a gaming rig, just to play one single game. So I made the decision to pickup an Xbox Series X...when they finally became available...which was roughly two weeks ago.

I've been playing this game for at least 2 hours every night and have absolutely no desire to play anything else.

I'm on my third playthrough. With 1.52 the game is as good as new. Tried to make different choices, but realized I liked my previous ones :) So I play almost exactly the same as previously, although this time it's stealthy netrunner/tech build with decent reflexes. I guess I'll be back again with another major update and DLCs. Proly will hit over 500hs by the end of dev cycle.

I stopped playing back in the day early in the story and just did a fresh restart right before the patch.

I knew I really enjoyed the mechanics and world before, but after getting an update and a ps5, it's so fking satisfying.

I've managed to get 100 hrs in without going to clouds or getting in the basilisk.

Shit went awry when I met river for the first time a week ago. At one point I was thinking of playing the game at work, getting giddy wondering what river would text next.

I haven't been obsessed with a character like this in like 15 years lmfao.

Bummed about his end options I've backed off the game hoping one day I will get the right ending. I walked the game back to before I started his mission, but I can't decide if I want to finish or wait.

The worse part of going full fanfic mode is I have a bf whose personality is like 93% river and he's hot but I'm still like in love with a character rn? Luckily he said he'd cosplay River for me.

Guest 4561861

I'm glad I'm not the only one. As I get to the end of each playthrough, I think I'll put it away for awhile. But, when I sit back down at the computer, I think maybe my V will do everything THIS way instead of THAT way and I'm off to another session. With spring here I'm going to have to spend time on yardwork or my wife might toss my PC out the door.
Edit: typo corrections.

Last edited by a moderator:
Night City is irresistible like that :giggle:, keeps me coming back, too.
Now I really could skip parts of the story, but roaming/driving around the city is very enjoyable, still.
Almost feels like I start other new games so I can miss CP77 and have a 'good reason' to return. Maybe it's one of those good kind of addictions.
Welcome to CP77 meeting, you're welcome to stay if you have desire to not quit playing CP77. :LOL:

Unfortunately, there isn't a "new" game that would make me drop Cyberpunk
:D this sound to me familiar. I played almost exclusively Elite Dangerous few years ago, nowadays still do but only occassionally (eventhough Odyssey with onfoot 1st person play is not bad). Then I started play Cyberpunk and closing 1k of hours (this is during last five years only one newly released game which I decided purchase), in meantime found "oldtimer" Subnautica (plus sequel which isn't bad, but 1st Subnautica is imo better), and few days ago Witcher 3, which looks great but is infact also "old" game.

Yep, it's a good idea :)
I have to replay it in the "next gen" version.
I bought Elite Dangerous a year ago and played it... about one hour (I really have to look my library^^)

I played it for an hour past the tutorial and then ragequit because that hour was spent waiting to get from point A to B. Inefficient use of my entertainment time. ED sucks.

I player for almost 300h and keep coming back.

I come back some time to Assasin Creed Odysee and Origin, The Elder Scroll Online ( looking for a french RP partner actualy ! ;) ), For Honnor but my irl doesn't let me much time to train and have some skill so... i don't play a lot.
What else ?... Alien Fire Team Elite ( not verry good bu fun with friends) , Warframe (verry good but to much farming !! ), the ol Warhamme 40k SpaceMarine (nerver die wich can eternal lie etc... XD) ... and some more.

to be honest iam not able to play anything else. other games are such.... empty? So i have alteady over 300 hours spent in cyberpunk and iam at finale of my third run and dunno what next. maybe i will spend more time in RL. I would like to be able use my current lvl 50 character including its inventory for new game :) but save game editor which is for cyberpunk available isnt compatible with current version so i will wait propably.

I put about 450 hours into The Witcher 3 and anticipate another full play through once the new version is out.

I put somewhere around 100 hours into Cyberpunk and have been wanting to go back to play through it again. But I have been holding off until more QoL, DLC and expansions are added. I imagine I'll end up with a similar playtime to Witcher 3 when it is all said and done. :)

Top Bottom