Anyone else not finding the current GOG sale appealing?

+
I don't know how it works. The only time they offered me a game I own on Steam was with Witcher 2. I think I had a key and I used it to add the game here on the shop. Not sure it's fair for all other games.

You should maybe contact Support. Last year Galaxy was often promoting the offer of being able to add your Steam games to GOG if GOG had them. Maybe that only worked on Galaxy, I dunno. Email Support to see if it's still a thing and you're interested in taking advantage of the offer, if it's still around.

DC9V

Forum veteran
No. I've used controllers on plenty of GOG games, old and new, without ever needing additional software.

As for sales, no interest because I don't even have time to play the games I already have.
It depends on the controller. I had to install DS4windows for my Sony DualSense controller in order to emulate a DualSchock4 controller that uses Xinput.
When using DS4windows in Gwent, it completely freezes the engine, making it impossible to even start the game.

Last edited:
Or is it just me? 50% of full price games don't appeal to me. I'm not a PC gamer so maybe there are great games on sale now which I don't know about it. Being a console gamer, I was hoping new titles would be added at a big discount, like the Mass Effect trilogy. There are other games that I've also played on console but despite the big discounts that they've had in the past, the discount is off the full price. I can wait. No hurry.

What I'm getting at with this post is that I would have thought that Christmas sales have the best or equal best titles and discounts. Is that not the case? Is it just Black Friday? Or was this just an unusually dud Christmas sale?

What I'm getting at with this post is that I would have thought that Christmas sales have the best or equal best titles and discounts. Is that not the case? Is it just Black Friday? Or was this just an unusually dud Christmas sale?

Probably the latter, but only because it was a relatively anemic 12 months for game launches.

If you're anything like me, you've probably reached a point where you've bought everything you actually wanted in previous sales - so if there isn't a lot of new releases you'll skim the list and move on.

Probably the latter, but only because it was a relatively anemic 12 months for game launches.

If you're anything like me, you've probably reached a point where you've bought everything you actually wanted in previous sales - so if there isn't a lot of new releases you'll skim the list and move on.

I've never been a PC gamer so getting the latest and greatest PC games hasn't really been my thing. The closest that I've come to that was getting XCOM 2 when it arrrived on GOG. I would have bought that with a big discount though.

I just looked at my order history and my first purchase (I would have gotten freebies before then) was 08/05/2015: The Witcher, for $9.95. Next up was The Witcher 2 for $2.99 on 15/05/2015. Both the enhanced version. My third purchase was System shock 2, for $1.49, on 26/05/2017. I'm wondering what on Earth is happening in May every time! Maybe I should be surprised that I've been on GOG for so long. I only started playing GWENT late last year. Anyway, I haven't played any of the dozens of games that I bought here or got for free, apart from GWENT. I keep saying here that I'm going to quit GWENT soon and play XCOM 2. Might do that once I Level up to 60, for the nth time, for a perk, which is an extra crown point or whatever. Got another 3 levels to go.

I bought the first two Bioshocks when they launched here. I've played all the games on console. Not sure I'd play them again on PC but maybe I could. On console I would have probably played them at 720p or 1080p. Be interesting, maybe, to try at 1440p or play the remastered versions. Anyway, the kind of games that I am holding out for is a return to a big discount for something like Bioshock Infinite, just to be sort of completist with my console collection. Again, might not play it, so I'd be looking to get it at a big discount off an already permanently reduced price, for that reason.

By the same logic, I could be tempted by Mass Effect games if they release here with a big discount. I was lucky to be able to complete the first one on console, as it was buggy as Hell for the final fight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom