Anyone else think ammo is too plentiful?

+
If anything I think the opposite. Kind of find it weird that when you kill NPCs they don't ammo drop. They drop weapons etc but never any clip rounds with their drops.

Sometimes in a big fire fight you end up running out of ammo, because all the bodies have dropped zero ammo and you cant craft in the middle of combat.

Just kind of 'unrealistic' that NPCs be shooting at you, then when they die their ammo goes up in smoke.
We need to have a survival horror mentality where you have one bullet to kill five enemies because it enhances the suspense.
Nope, it just makes the game more frustrating and encourages people to look for trainers.

I like the idea of having lots of ammo, don´t see this as a problem, i found myself in many situations where i was out and had to change weapons, and i think this is cool, too bad that in the upper levels the weapons are so OP that you can one shot almost anything.

One thing that i think is a very incomplete is the crafting system, comparing to W3, CP2077 crafting is a bad joke, you have 2 types of materials for 4 tiers, 8 materials, 4 you can make it your own, and 4 you still can make it but with some workarounds, comparing to W3, where you have the material of the materials and all that fancy tree, CP crafting is really bad... I mean, we could turn nicola into oil, burrito in powder for bullets, special alloys to make barrels and so on.... i think the looting would be much more fun.

I feel like there either needs to be considerably less ammo lying around, or the ability to craft ammo shouldn't be so basic. It's like one of the grey items you can craft from the beginning as long as you have parts, and since you can also deconstruct EVERYTHING, and pick up infinite junk items to deconstruct them. On harder difficulty ammo should definitely be more scarce, but even on normal mode there's just so much ammo everywhere. I pick it up faster than I use it.

Completed the game on the hardest difficulty with a handgun/assault build and never once had a problem with ammo either. I get why they made ammo so plentiful though. It's to allow the sustained use of rapid fire weapons. Would be cool if they split up ammo by caliber - provide more low caliber ammo and less high caliber ammo. A one-shotting hand cannon shouldn't be using the same ammo as a spraying lead hose.

9mm PB is used in pistols ( A one-shotting hand cannon) as well as a lot of submachineguns (spraying lead hose), why they should have different types of ammo in the games alludes me.

9mm PB is used in pistols ( A one-shotting hand cannon) as well as a lot of submachineguns (spraying lead hose), why they should have different types of ammo in the games alludes me.
Indeed, but even the standard bullets have their own variation, subsonic, hollow etc... I am not even talking about shotguns ammo, they have a LOT of variation, but of course, in the game this variations are in the gun already.

I think we could have different ammo for different guns, not because of the size of the bullet, but because of the function, tech weapons can pierce walls and for what i understand, they do not use gunpowder, is almost like a railgun, the smart weapons could not build small rockets in the bullets, the bullets must already have it, so i think there is space for different ammo yes.

I think it might be a bit more challenging if ammo were a little more scarce. It would encourage the player to conserve ammo, save up $$$ to buy ammo or explore some more.

Or is it because I'm playing on Normal and higher difficulties make ammunition harder to find?
If that is the case all you will do is encourage folks to hack, or into a already op melee build.

It will limit one of the few interesting dynamics of the game, trying and exploring the different weapons and weapon types!

In this world where wars have become the norm, your personal saftey and those you care about are for all intents and purposes in your own hands (hi-tech wild west) and corps rule! You think the corps greed would be limited? Would a greedy future corp say no to profits via weapons and especially ammo? Current cop's sure don't even with gov oversight. When they are the ones making the rules you think they would make a bazillion guns but limit ammo availability/productuon?

well in deus ex: invisible war all weapons used a generic nano-paste that configured itself for each weapon, perhaps there's something like that going on here.

---edit) an as to different types of ammo, anyone used buzzsaw? a power smg who's rounds can go entirely through buildings pop out of the back wall and kill some gonk standing guard. god, i love that gun.

Resident Evil is Resident Evil and Cyberpunk is Cyberpunk.

Even beggars has the "Spare some money or ammo" sign. Bullets are like cent coins!

Guest 4531988

I think it might be a bit more challenging if ammo were a little more scarce. It would encourage the player to conserve ammo, save up $$$ to buy ammo or explore some more.

Or is it because I'm playing on Normal and higher difficulties make ammunition harder to find?

Use a fast firing gun, like the LMG. You'll run out on Very Hard. (especially if you don't go Legendary Shock Hack)

There is already a 500 round limit on the ammo. SO %^*&# irritating to be sitting there pounding the craft button and then find out I had hit the limit 10 minutes ago and now was just wasting my components with NO WARNING!

500 round limit is like saying the bullets weighs half a pound each or are like 10 times the RL dimensions! I would rather they made it just harder to craft like how about require crafting stations for Gods sake.

Or at least allow the player to still make the bullets but they go into your storage instead of your carry inventory.

Ammo is so plentiful that I never have as much as I collect; there's a limit to how much ammo per gun-type you can have. I kind of wish they'd fix this, like maybe turn excess ammo into components.....but, overall, I'm not complaining.

No but maxdocs certainly are. Even on very hard I have 50+ after just a few hours of playing. But I regularly have to stop and craft more ammo.

Guest 4531988

There is already a 500 round limit on the ammo. SO %^*&# irritating to be sitting there pounding the craft button and then find out I had hit the limit 10 minutes ago and now was just wasting my components with NO WARNING!

500 round limit is like saying the bullets weighs half a pound each or are like 10 times the RL dimensions! I would rather they made it just harder to craft like how about require crafting stations for Gods sake.

Or at least allow the player to still make the bullets but they go into your storage instead of your carry inventory.

700 on the lmg.

Top Bottom