Anyone else wanna mod their cars as a DLC bonus?

+
Yes. But first they need to fix the economy in the game. I'm more than 100 hours in but barely can afford to buy crafting components and rides.
(I don't wanna use any exploits)

Ok yes of course on my list of things to fix this is WAY down the line, but still yeah. I hate when I see NPC's with cooler versions of stuff I have.

photomode_03012021_224504.png

Guest 3573786

Honestly, vehicles are one of the parts of the game they absolutely nailed (visually at least). Customization would be great far down the line, but I'd rather them work on dozens of more pressing things.

It'd be neat if you could get sponsors to do a digital wrap on your vehicles, so you could sell-out and earn money advertising while driving. I wouldn't mind having ads for the in-game tv shows playing on the hood while I'm hanging out in my car.

I wouldn't be surprised if vehocle weapons were added.

The Javelina has a part sticking out the front left side, I believe, with a Militech logo and a belt looking part connecting it to the hood, like a belt feed for bullets.

This could be an upgrade from the few races we did have, and could have a more Mad Max vibe, rather than the mild mike that we got...

JagoA

Forum regular
Absolutely, I personally would want a more in depth system rather than just changing the color, further changing body kits/armor, suspension, breaks etc would be amazing. Also being able to shoot from vehicles would be great.

That being said this would be near to bottom of the priority list for cdpr in their to-do-list. Simple vehicle painting would be satisfying enough for me with their first couple dlcs, and maybe further customizations down the line.

Last edited:
Mod my rides with paint jobs, tires, shocks, and an automated driver package for my Rayfield cars (it mentions in the database that they have them, I believe). Yup, I hope we get all of that one day, either from the devs or the modding community depending on what tools they give us.

Ideally I want the car to be an AI companion who we can mod to have turrets and hacking capabilities but that's probably a bit too much lol

The thing that buffles me is that car modding system is in the game. We see modded cars all the time. They just didn't give the player the option. I'm pretty sure they will add it later.

I am not sure about this thing. I've read many times that people want it. I understand that too. It would be nice to have. But it would not be something I personally would put high on the list of priorities. CP is doing a lot right with the cars themselves. There are good options to buy. And also to steal, and to drive for a little while if you want.

More important than the customization of the cars would be ... that different vehicle types have real meaning! For example for street races. There is no such thing except a single questline from Claire. We need races where you really have to think about which type of vehicle to choose. For example for the desert or for long, straight tracks on the highway.

I know these different types of vehicles don't exist just for fun. That more was planned. I would be in favor of delivering these things with a DLC first. Maybe ... yes ... with some design options and stuff.

Top Bottom