Anyone gonna make a Theme Deck?

+
i am trying to build a deck around the lore of ithlinnes prophecy,but there is just not enough information in the lore to make a complete deck :/.

pl91;n7889210 said:
i am trying to build a deck around the lore of ithlinnes prophecy,but there is just not enough information in the lore to make a complete deck :/.

You'd probably need a lot of frost in your ST deck and Ciri as ice breaker ;).

devivre;n7889350 said:
You'd probably need a lot of frost in your ST deck and Ciri as ice breaker ;).

KasumiGoto;n7890460 said:
http://www.gwentdb.com/deckbuilder/5...4:3;50205:1:1;
Here you go, ready for ranked matches. Got to rank 15 thanks to shoving yellow snow down enemies' throats.

according to ithlinnes prophecy,only elves will survive the white frost,so techncally all you can use are elves.so ithlinne,one of the 2 ciri's(maybe even both),white frost and elves.so i guess i can use francesca as a leader,the queen of the valley of dol blathanna,for good synergy with ciri.the other golds can be schirru/aglais/Iorveth/isengrim since they are all elves.elven mercenary are a given(in general there are enough silver and bronze elves to fill the unit spots),what i have a problem with are the spells,since almost none other than white frost fit the lore.

i guess first light fits the lore,since when ciri defeats white frost,its gonna be shiny outside :D.

Last edited:
pl91;n7891470 said:
according to ithlinnes prophecy,only elves will survive the white frost

Too bad that the only bronze units immune to frost are mahakam guards...

devivre;n7891760 said:
Too bad that the only bronze units immune to frost are mahakam guards...

i dont really mind if its not very competitive,i mind more about the lore accuracy.i want the decklist to tell a story,so to speak :).

Anyone built theme deck based on lore?

What I mean is you build a deck not based on need of power/ strategy but based on certain theme such as Clan An Craite, Wild Hunt, Temerian and so on. I did tried Clan An Craite but without help of other clan it was quite hard to win :D

I have one theme deck: animals. Every single card in that deck has at least one animal in at least its premium version.
It was hard to find 6 Silvers that met the requirement; I had to peer at the cards really closely.

A couple cards that no one expects are included in the deck... it's a lot of fun to play, but not at all competitive. :cool:

Treamayne;n7238930 said:
I

I haven't tried a Wild Hunt deck yet, but it's been on my mind for when I get some of the right Epics and Legends.

Thoughts, ideas or results?
Well, just go ahead with it. Ive allways enjoyed WH, actually climbing ranked with it. In current patch, its stronger than it ever was, and you can finnaly build a fully thematic deck.
ATM its at 4100 MMR and still going up for me.. Only units lacking the tag are Borkh (there is no 4th WH gold anyway, and dragon-bro really recks SpellTael) and a bunch of silvers. Again, only Nithral is there for the slot, and 5 silver specials just doesnt work. Crones are kind of thematic, but sadly, they are rubbish. Other than that - thats a real, functional thematic deck. Just a word of warning - Riders and White Frost. Both fit thematicly, but you cant really use them if you play to win.
Another one i tried is witchers assembly for NG, basicly just taking anything with said tag.Trouble here is - you get 4 golds and 5 silvers, but no bronzes. I tried several specials setups, but 16 specials NG deck just doesnt work.
Dwarves historicly were somewhat good, never played them myself, but that deck allways existed in one form or the other. In current patch however i havent seen full dwarf deck performing. There is BMC + marauders deck, but its more of a mixed bag.
Another idea i had was Dragon brood deck, but eh( Borkh, Myrta and even Okvist are fairly decent. Operator is oddly a draconid too, there are also wyverns.... but still, just not enough cards to do it.

No. Personally, I don't care for the theme of my decks. I care about how good the cards fit together strategically.

Kylestien;n122722 said:
Okay, so I was just thinking. Assuming we can make decks (And why would you not be able to?) is anyone planning on making a type of themed deck? By which I mean for example, making a Dragon based deck, or a dark creatures based deck, or a Temeria Based deck, or whatever? if you are, what are your theme ideas?

I have a famous dragon based deck, it's the scourge of the ladder right now let me tell you.

I've always had a profund hatred for monsters so using dorengary is really cool because hes got all the monsters caged in his lab plus he lets me summon more dragons.

:smile:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Seems like i found this topic too late. I have already done tons of theme decks: dragons, witchers, mages, relicts... you name it.

Most dont have really good synergy, but Witcher NG actually works really well, since i dont use Letho anymore, use standard Geralt for spotters, Gold Vesemir and Gold Lambert, then build the rest of the deck based on alchemy and potions. Leader Morvran, just to get some initial points and reveal Geralt.

Top Bottom