Anyone have problems with sun glare?

+
I've notice sun glare at viewing angles are horrible, for instance if you are inside looking out a door at enemies, the sun is so bright you can't see them until you step outside, or for instance, panam and I are taking this beast for a spin, at a level viewing distance I can't see a thing I have to look up or down to get this sun glare out of my view.

Attachments

• brightsun.jpg
    brightsun.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 85
Ya it is pretty intense some times and in some vehicles with in a few seconds its becomes blinding like your pick though it hasn't happen to me in the vehicle you are in in your screenshot.

I mean it is realistic... you are probably driving directly into the sun.

Some of the vehicles it doesn't matter what direction you are driving the windshield flares up and you can't see. Only way to drive them is in the chase cam. I am sure it is on their "to fix list" though.

I mean it is realistic... you are probably driving directly into the sun.

Not true, it does it at any angles. When you first enter the industrial facility and the buildings up front by entrance go in and look out. I thought maybe it was lens glare, but nope it's the spot they chose for the sun spots, unless it's a bug and not even supposed to be there.

mbrto

Forum regular
i had this problem with my gtx1080ti and high-ish settings and raytracing off
with an rtx3090 and high settings its not really an issue

mbrto

Forum regular
Hey,
I think they use this effect to stream the location you're moving into :D

Maybe on more powerful hardware, the effect is disabled because PC is able to load the level in real-time...?
i think level loading is not the issue here
it only affects 1st person view inside cars

nevery had this with 3rd person or bikes

"ANYONE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH SUN GLARE?"

It's being illustrated by the artificial sun of the game. It can indeed be a little too bright in some situations. CDPR is fully aware of the situations where it is too bright, and looking into it at the moment. But guessing the sun glare is a core mechanic, coming up with a probable fix in each situation, may prove difficult... at best.

"ANYONE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH SUN GLARE?"

It's being illustrated by the artificial sun of the game. It can indeed be a little too bright in some situations. CDPR is fully aware of the situations where it is too bright, and looking into it at the moment. But guessing the sun glare is a core mechanic, coming up with a probable fix in each situation, may prove difficult... at best.
I sure do hope it will be fixed soon though. I really enjoy driving in first person and the sun glare can become really annoying the way it is now.

Some of the vehicles it doesn't matter what direction you are driving the windshield flares up and you can't see. Only way to drive them is in the chase cam. I am sure it is on their "to fix list" though.
yeah total white out no matter the direction or amount of sunlight, do a simple test for yourself drive in FPV when you go blind from light switch to 3rd person without moving the vehicle and see the difference in lighting for your self switch back and forth without moving the vehicle and experience the frustration for yourself...as to weather or not it gets fixed..
well people have been complaining about this on the boards and sending reports since game release along with the poor vehicle driving and the bad pedestrian driving and nothing so far .... so cross your fingers, 2 major people in CDPR have left the co. so things are getting more and more difficult for them. Read the article for your self...I'm still hopeful but this will most likely change some time lines as far as releases go.

I sure do hope it will be fixed soon though. I really enjoy driving in first person and the sun glare can become really annoying the way it is now.
Yeah me too. But that's where the problem lies. The sun glare only occurs during First person driving. Not during third person. Since you can work around it so easily it undoubtedly has a very low priority on the "To do list", also as seemingly the majority of the players seem to be driving in third person, and the sun glare supposedly being illustrated by a core mechanic.

For me (always drive in first person), it's not a real problem (what i mean is i don't mind).
I mostly drive bike and mostly at night (i skip the day for some reasons, like less car on the road, Nigth City look great at nigth,...)
But yes, it's ennoying (it's seem worse in specific cars. In johnny's Porshe, i don't remeber to have this inconvenience).

For me (always drive in first person), it's not a real problem (what i mean is i don't mind).
I mostly drive bike and mostly at night (i skip the day for some reasons, like less car on the road, Nigth City look great at nigth,...)
But yes, it's ennoying (it's seem worse in specific cars. In johnny's Porshe, i don't remeber to have this inconvenience).
It's the brightest in The little Mule, and The Aerondight. The normal vehicle of The little Mule however, it is working normally, which could serve as a solution for it's off-road one.

Yesterday I drove a bike in the desert and I had to switch to third person because it was too intense. And even in third person, it was problematic. I understand the aspect of it being realistic, but as it is, the sun glare is annoying and is negatively impacting the driving in the game. That and the fact that the character sits in a position that is way too low in the vehicles, so it hard to drive in first person, like in the Aerondight Guinevere.

Last edited:
all the vehicles minus bikes have this problem of exaggerating the sun in FPV ( and needing seat adjustability.).... if they aren't going to make it right why did they even leave it in...so many other thing were cut...I play racing games ALWAYs in FPV because the physics are always different/ poor in 3rdPV and it ruins immersion who really drives around in the view from a drone following their car

Top Bottom