Anyone kinda surprised 1.6 isn’t out yet?

+
Honestly I’m ok with waiting but tbh I just hope 1.6 isn’t only gonna be the Transmog/NG+ it needs a lot more than that if it won’t be released until the end of the year and that’s the issue I’m sure more people would be fine with the wait if the end result is a vastly superior gaming experience but let’s be honest just Transmog/NG+ are not a vastly superior gaming experience.
Maybe someone can explain what is the persistent thing where so many people keep going on about NG+ and transmog..
I know there was a topic about this, but I seriously dont get the hype for it.

Next to the point where I find NG+ in correlation to this game a very strange thing ...

"ANYONE KINDA SURPRISED 1.6 ISN’T OUT YET?"

Not surprised at all. In fact, wouldn't be surprised if the next game maintenance would be the expansion, called 2.0, released 2nd quarter next year.
2.0 is happening in New Cyberpunk Game but Cd Projekt Red announces it as Unreal Engine 5

Maybe someone can explain what is the persistent thing where so many people keep going on about NG+ and transmog..
I know there was a topic about this, but I seriously dont get the hype for it.

Next to the point where I find NG+ in correlation to this game a very strange thing ...
Honestly NG+ is a weird option in my opinion for this game considering how there are only 3 life paths with only limited differences to each.Transmog on the other hand is a necessity cause the armor system in CP2077 is garbage.

Sry what update... never heard of such a thing.. but seriously when they decide to drop it.. it best be good and no some half ass few bug fixes and lets add some new gear to make them happy and that's it.. i haven't touched the game for ages mainly because i'm waiting for them to make me want to come back and at present i don't see that happening any time soon.. so whatever this next update is called they know what people are wanting and have red and heard enough of it so they should know!! so they best deliver that wow factor.

Patch 1.6 has gotta aloof expectations but I’m afraid it will be underwhelming tbh I hope the add a lot of new armor/clothing options as well as bring back the missing items that 1.5 removed like the Legendary Media Hat that was removed.

As with all other patches, everyone should just temper their expectations. A lot.

Somehow a lot of people seems to expect CDPR to move mountains with every patch. Add lots of gigs, gear, rework the entire game, etc.... Not going to happen. It's a patch, not the expansion. It'll be very limited in scope.

Yeah, I guess it might have one or two interesting features but just by looking on how many devs work on a patch in comparison to 1.5 - better dont expect anything big.

As with all other patches, everyone should just temper their expectations. A lot.

Somehow a lot of people seems to expect CDPR to move mountains with every patch. Add lots of gigs, gear, rework the entire game, etc.... Not going to happen. It's a patch, not the expansion. It'll be very limited in scope.
True, but it's the same before each patch :shrug:
Knowing that the only thing which will add plenty of new content and may really change the game, will be expansion... So it will be paid content and planned for Q1 2023, at least at last news.
So my own expectations about the next update/patch are that many players will be desappointed anyway, like always :D
bring back the missing items that 1.5 removed like the Legendary Media Hat that was removed.
Removed ? hum... Still there for me in 1.5... Media Cap which is available on top of the tower only after completing Ghost Town, like always :)
15-07-2022_21-12-54-5d4kzsn2.jpeg15-07-2022_21-13-08-mrhjyr3h.jpeg

Of course, but we haven't had a patch of any kind since March. The biggest patch should be 1.5. It was essentially a relaunch. I'd figured since 1.6 was going to be smaller, it would be out by now.

Of course, but we haven't had a patch of any kind since March. The biggest patch should be 1.5. It was essentially a relaunch. I'd figured since 1.6 was going to be smaller, it would be out by now.
You do make a good point. 1.52 was extremely small and it was out like within a few weeks of 1.5 so I'm hoping the 1.6 patch has some good stuff in it with the amount of testing they've been doing for it up until now.

You do make a good point. 1.52 was extremely small and it was out like within a few weeks of 1.5 so I'm hoping the 1.6 patch has some good stuff in it with the amount of testing they've been doing for it up until now.
1.52 was even more than "small" because like all the "minors" patches (1.21, 1.22, 1.23, 1.31,...), it added absolutely nothing, almost only focused on bug fixing and was released pretty soon after the main patch :)
Unlike the "big" patches (1.2, 1.3 and 1.5) which added in addition to a bunch of bug fixes, some improvements, some qol features, some new contents and some free DLCs.

So 1.6 will certainly be like the "main" patches, but it won't change the game nor add hours of new content... In short, it's useless to expect a "wow factor", that's for sure :)

Maybe it's taking so long 'cause they're fixing all the glitches around the Nomad/Panam questline.... *fingers crossed* - certainly needs addressing still on XBX, and that's just one of many problems still on my platform.

Won't hold my breath, however... just bored of waiting.

True, but it's the same before each patch :shrug:

Hence why I said "as with all other patches".

A lot of people keep repeating the same mistake of expecting a lot and then being disappointed. Somehow expecting a different result every new patch. Definition of madness n' all. At some point people need to break the cycle and either move on from the game or accept it for what it is.

But we are creatures of habit. This probably isn't going to change anytime soon.

I'm not talking about the release time frame. Only the content contained within the patch. It's also important to note that smaller does not necessarily equal simpler. For all we know CDPR is tackling some complicated issues/modifications/additions and the patch just isn't ready. Or it could just be a marketing stunt to release it along XYZ thing. Who knows.

Yeah I just hope CDPR adds a few new free dlcs into 1.6 that’s what I want from it along with the Transmog system that will go along way to tide players over until the Story expansion is released

Honestly NG+ is a weird option in my opinion for this game considering how there are only 3 life paths with only limited differences to each.Transmog on the other hand is a necessity cause the armor system in CP2077 is garbage.
About NG+ I'm also in that court, but not exactly for the same reasons (as I understand)
Personally, I think NG+ is a 'feature' that doe not make sence in how the origins of your charcter can be different and you're supposed to be "the new guy in town", which doesn't seem at all fitting with the idea of being a demigod with all weapons, armors clothing etc from a "past life" sort of way.

The transmog thing.. meh I dont know. I would some options in choosing the various styles of a clothing piece, like... I want to make the green version of jacket abc when I have found a previous example of that version. Sort of like a sub-schematic for the specific item in question.
Furthermore it could also be cool if you can upgrade clothing in ranking (from common to legendary) when you are diligent with the crafting.
Perhaps each of the crafting perks can also 'unlock' the option to upgrade a properly leveled clothing item iinto a new rank, and you get a scematic out of the "old" one.
But outside of that I can't be bothered much with an even bigger overhauled thing.

Like @Mogsters73 also said: I also pretty much just wear what I like, I usually have a few "sets" to do a bit of RP, but none of which are tuned for min-maxing or being the strongest or whatever, I approach it as if GTA (where it litterally make no gameplay difference)

About NG+ I'm also in that court, but not exactly for the same reasons (as I understand)
Personally, I think NG+ is a 'feature' that doe not make sence in how the origins of your charcter can be different and you're supposed to be "the new guy in town", which doesn't seem at all fitting with the idea of being a demigod with all weapons, armors clothing etc from a "past life" sort of way.

The transmog thing.. meh I dont know. I would some options in choosing the various styles of a clothing piece, like... I want to make the green version of jacket abc when I have found a previous example of that version. Sort of like a sub-schematic for the specific item in question.
Furthermore it could also be cool if you can upgrade clothing in ranking (from common to legendary) when you are diligent with the crafting.
Perhaps each of the crafting perks can also 'unlock' the option to upgrade a properly leveled clothing item iinto a new rank, and you get a scematic out of the "old" one.
But outside of that I can't be bothered much with an even bigger overhauled thing.

Like @Mogsters73 also said: I also pretty much just wear what I like, I usually have a few "sets" to do a bit of RP, but none of which are tuned for min-maxing or being the strongest or whatever, I approach it as if GTA (where it litterally make no gameplay difference)
Agree 100%

Top Bottom