Anyone kinda surprised 1.6 isn’t out yet?

+
I know they want to keep information close to the vest but to be honest with you I kind of think 1.6 will have some ties with edge runners clothes,weapons etc.

Last edited:
I guess they're working hard on it.
Plus i hope not on the backs of their employees.
But yes, i would appreciate it if they would say like "hi, people, we still alive and doing our best for a more playable game!"

What, a release is coming? I only believe it when I see it.

I prefer more content over bug fixes. Bug fixes had so far a record of breaking things even further in my gameplay. The December 2020 thing was actually playable to me. Yes, Jackie takes a gun out of his head, and slots it into V's, but it was possible for me to play the game through.

Last edited:
I guess they're working hard on it.
Plus i hope not on the backs of their employees.
But yes, i would appreciate it if they would say like "hi, people, we still alive and doing our best for a more playable game!"
Currently, I think working at CDPR might be as stressful as anywhere else, because usually the crunch period starts before the release of the game and stops - albeit not always immediately- afterwards.

With patches, it is quite different. I would argue that they could have released 1.6 in June or wait till Oktober with no difference regarding the stress level of their employees. Why? Because they can move features to 1.7 without any problems, which is something you cannot do when releasing a game.

Sure, there might be an internal list of things 1.6 must include, but this is probably subject to change.

I prefer more content over bug fixes. Bug fixes had so far a record of breaking things even further in my gameplay. The December 2020 thing was actually playable to me. Yes, Jackie takes a gun out of his head, and slots it into V's, but it was possible for me to play the game through.

That's a pity. While I won't dispute your problems with the claim it seems that on average the gameplay experience as well as the stability has improved since the release. I'm also wondering why you don't want to see further improvements if it got worse for you though...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to whatever 1.6 entails and I'm sure it will have both, bug fixes and additional content, just like 1.5 and 1.3 have had.

I’ve completely stopped playing until 1.6 cause I figure it will change a bunch of stuff like perks and such.Yes we can respec partially no attributes but I am tired of restarting my game over lol.
Post automatically merged:

I’m planning 3 complete play throughs and then I’m gonna shelve CP2077 for good tbh.

Last edited:
Complaints when the game didnt release on the 3 original dates.

Complaints when the game finally releases in a horrendous state (definitely justified).

Acceptance and demand that Developers and Studios should take their time and release a product only when ready.

Complaints and lack of understanding when a patch isnt released as early as the community would have hoped.

CDPR are in a no win situation. Its highly unlikely we will get the additions we truly want and everyone is waiting and creating hype for somethint that wont live up to their expectations.

Regarding the steamdb updates, just don't forget they are also working on the expansion, so it doesn't strictly means those updates are 1.6 patch related. That's why we've also seen a couple of new branches appearing on the list.

Hi. Please note the word I used was 'prefer', which isn't as binary as you perceived/presented it.
That is true, I apologise for that. But my question remains as to why you would prefer more content instead of bug fixes even though your statement does insinuate that currently you are having issues with a normal playthrough.

I’ve completely stopped playing until 1.6 cause I figure it will change a bunch of stuff like perks and such.Yes we can respec partially no attributes but I am tired of restarting my game over lol.
I'm playing the game since its release and I have not finished it yet, but what did warrant restarting the game for you? Was it only the attributes or something else?
I’m planning 3 complete play throughs and then I’m gonna shelve CP2077 for good tbh.
While I'm not planning three complete playthroughs I usually do that with games I enjoy tremendously. So, I will do this with Cyberpunk as well, but this takes quite a lot of time. (I have currently 400h invested and as stated above I'm still on my first playthrough :LOL: )

Complaints when the game finally releases in a horrendous state (definitely justified).

Acceptance and demand that Developers and Studios should take their time and release a product only when ready.
I understand what you are getting at and there are certainly those people, but you are also comparing apples with oranges (a bit). First, let me state that from my personal point of view CDPR could have postponed the release of Cyberpunk 2077 without me getting annoyed or anything. However, I'm also quite aware that many people (and investors) would have become quite upset - I mean there have already been death threats involved.

Now, the game in its released state was quite buggy especially on consoles and the sad thing is that I assume if it was the other way around, the perception of CDPR would not have been that negative.

Now, we are coming to the point where I think this comparison falls short and it is about the release date of patches. As I have stated above, a patch is not comparable to the game, nor an expansion, because it "simply" fixes bugs. You can with little effort release a patch every month and incrementally improve a product. Everything that is finished up to a certain point before the release date is part of the patch and everything else becomes part of the next patch.

Thus, they could release smaller patches more often, but the chose not to. If they release the patch next week (livestream), then they were aiming for this date for quite a while. You can also be sure that everything that makes it until the deadline next week will be part of 1.6 and everything that is done the day after will be part of 1.7 which will probably come early next year. I know I'm exaggerating here given that 1.6 will be followed by 1.61 and probably 1.62 where those small things will be released. However, it still shows the downside of their patch cycle.

One thing that is also not unlikely is that they do not think in patches but in features. For example, 1.5 had to include everything next-gen and 1.6 has to include everything transmog (?). Then, they work on everything related to this feature while also doing maintenance work and when the feature is finished the patch gets released.

CDPR are in a no win situation. Its highly unlikely we will get the additions we truly want and everyone is waiting and creating hype for somethint that wont live up to their expectations.
That is sadly the case, but due to CDPR's lack of communication they are not controlling the narrative anymore. Now, said narrative is controlled by random people on YouTube or reddit with speculations and things like that going wild. Personally, I would prefer more communication from CDPR, but that ship has sailed I suppose.

Regarding the steamdb updates, just don't forget they are also working on the expansion, so it doesn't strictly means those updates are 1.6 patch related. That's why we've also seen a couple of new branches appearing on the list.
I don't think those branches are for the expansion, because you usually don't intermingle those assets with the other patches. However, I also do not know how much those branches reflect branches commonly used on GitHub and thus this practice might be different. That being said, if I had to bet I would say that the expansion branch is this one: https://steamdb.info/app/2060310/

Furthermore, I have had a look at their steamdb for quite a while and I think it can be read like so:
  • QA: develop branch
  • dev<N>: feature branches
Thus, bug fixes go directly to QA and get tested while features got to dev<N>, which gets tested separately. When a feature is finished, it gets merged with QA. So, with this information we can say that CDPR works on three features concurrently while also doing maintenance work. (It could also mean that 1.6 will contain three new features.)

On the other hand, I might be totally wrong about this, but it does seem plausible enough.

@BobZilla84 Enchantment?

That is true, I apologise for that. But my question remains as to why you would prefer more content instead of bug fixes even though your statement does insinuate that currently you are having issues with a normal playthrough.

I'm playing the game since its release and I have not finished it yet, but what did warrant restarting the game for you? Was it only the attributes or something else?

While I'm not planning three complete playthroughs I usually do that with games I enjoy tremendously. So, I will do this with Cyberpunk as well, but this takes quite a lot of time. (I have currently 400h invested and as stated above I'm still on my first playthrough :LOL: )

I understand what you are getting at and there are certainly those people, but you are also comparing apples with oranges (a bit). First, let me state that from my personal point of view CDPR could have postponed the release of Cyberpunk 2077 without me getting annoyed or anything. However, I'm also quite aware that many people (and investors) would have become quite upset - I mean there have already been death threats involved.

Now, the game in its released state was quite buggy especially on consoles and the sad thing is that I assume if it was the other way around, the perception of CDPR would not have been that negative.

Now, we are coming to the point where I think this comparison falls short and it is about the release date of patches. As I have stated above, a patch is not comparable to the game, nor an expansion, because it "simply" fixes bugs. You can with little effort release a patch every month and incrementally improve a product. Everything that is finished up to a certain point before the release date is part of the patch and everything else becomes part of the next patch.

Thus, they could release smaller patches more often, but the chose not to. If they release the patch next week (livestream), then they were aiming for this date for quite a while. You can also be sure that everything that makes it until the deadline next week will be part of 1.6 and everything that is done the day after will be part of 1.7 which will probably come early next year. I know I'm exaggerating here given that 1.6 will be followed by 1.61 and probably 1.62 where those small things will be released. However, it still shows the downside of their patch cycle.

One thing that is also not unlikely is that they do not think in patches but in features. For example, 1.5 had to include everything next-gen and 1.6 has to include everything transmog (?). Then, they work on everything related to this feature while also doing maintenance work and when the feature is finished the patch gets released.

That is sadly the case, but due to CDPR's lack of communication they are not controlling the narrative anymore. Now, said narrative is controlled by random people on YouTube or reddit with speculations and things like that going wild. Personally, I would prefer more communication from CDPR, but that ship has sailed I suppose.

I don't think those branches are for the expansion, because you usually don't intermingle those assets with the other patches. However, I also do not know how much those branches reflect branches commonly used on GitHub and thus this practice might be different. That being said, if I had to bet I would say that the expansion branch is this one: https://steamdb.info/app/2060310/

Furthermore, I have had a look at their steamdb for quite a while and I think it can be read like so:
  • QA: develop branch
  • dev<N>: feature branches
Thus, bug fixes go directly to QA and get tested while features got to dev<N>, which gets tested separately. When a feature is finished, it gets merged with QA. So, with this information we can say that CDPR works on three features concurrently while also doing maintenance work. (It could also mean that 1.6 will contain three new features.)

On the other hand, I might be totally wrong about this, but it does seem plausible enough.

@BobZilla84 Enchantment?
Yeah it was the attributes and some of the Perk changes among other things lol.
Yeah Enchantment
Sandel ftw

I am absolutely not surprised, because personally i prefer the devs taking their time with
it, when we get a update that lifts CP77 closer to the 2018 demo showcase / vision.

So i ll say it again, take your time CDPR, even if it means we see the update next year.
Make all the testing that is needed, to make sure all features work as intented.

On top of that, do not stress yourself out, yet again, take all the time you need
so we as video game players can enjoy CP77 even more

At this point, more annoyed than surprised. Still a lot of issues on XBX that need fixing, some of which are still around from the original XB1 release... so how this is a next gen version is a mystery. Unless the next update is another huge one, I don't see how it will fix everything - and it better not be hidden behind a paid expansion wall either.

While I am not expecting any big game changers until the expansion, I do hope for some of the suspected DLCs (transmog/NG+) to be patched in soon. I can praise the 1.5 patch for adding what it did, but given that the launch was 1 1/2 years ago or so, I hope we see more stuff come out sooner rather than later. Granted, they had quite a lot to work through after the launch, so eh.

Yeah I’m not expecting much tbh at this point 1.5 was a decent patch and I figure if 1.6 is at least comparable to it then it will be a good enough patch.At this point Transmog/NG+ are important but I want more Clothing,Weapons,Cars,Cyberware”For Melee/Quickhack builds” and of course more gigs/missions and if they continue to improve the Romances with more texts and stuff that would be mint as well.

Yeah I’m not expecting much tbh at this point 1.5 was a decent patch and I figure if 1.6 is at least comparable to it then it will be a good enough patch.At this point Transmog/NG+ are important but I want more Clothing,Weapons,Cars,Cyberware”For Melee/Quickhack builds” and of course more gigs/missions and if they continue to improve the Romances with more texts and stuff that would be mint as well.
Same. More stuff for my V to become a netrunner badass...and also gimme more stuff with Kerry please! I did download a romance enhancement mod, but I want more via a patch, like anything romance related that was taken out. Would be preem!

Complaints and lack of understanding when a patch isnt released as early as the community would have hoped.

Translation: They want imaginary stuff.

In principle I cant blame them. I also have many things that my mind cooks up which I would like (and probably only me)
However seeing as how we cant just wish something into reality, we'll be reliant on what CDPR thinks fits their view of this universe.
And they will always have the 'final say'.

Same. More stuff for my V to become a netrunner badass...and also gimme more stuff with Kerry please! I did download a romance enhancement mod, but I want more via a patch, like anything romance related that was taken out. Would be preem!
Yeah the Romances additions with 1.5 was great but I want more for everyone and how about some hand cyberware for increased melee combat seriously why is that not a thing CDPR.As someone who prefers melee combat over the Ranged Combat I think only having smart link cyberware is stupid for someone who doesn’t use smart guns or any guns at all.Thus I want Melee Combat Centric Cyberware to improve that fighting style like the Ranged Style is already supported.

Last edited:

I'm conflicted on transmog, like what's the point if there is no 3rd person perspective? I get you keep your stats and what not, but I thought the whole point of transmog is to see your character while having the same stats? I don't know what expect from 1.6. It's just we haven't had a patch since March. This has to be a pretty big patch right? They've been testing the hell out of this patch too over on SteamDB.

Top Bottom