Anyone kinda surprised 1.6 isn’t out yet?

+
I'm conflicted on transmog, like what's the point if there is no 3rd person perspective? I get you keep your stats and what not, but I thought the whole point of transmog is to see your character while having the same stats? I don't know what expect from 1.6. It's just we haven't had a patch since March. This has to be a pretty big patch right? They've been testing the hell out of this patch too over on SteamDB.

It's funny how much the look of my clothes mean to me, even though there is generally not a 3rd person perspective. I'm the sort of player who enjoys looking at V in the mirror - and, of course, you also see V when riding a motorcycle or checking their inventory (something I do a lot).

Cheers,
Merric

I'm conflicted on transmog, like what's the point if there is no 3rd person perspective? I get you keep your stats and what not, but I thought the whole point of transmog is to see your character while having the same stats? I don't know what expect from 1.6. It's just we haven't had a patch since March. This has to be a pretty big patch right? They've been testing the hell out of this patch too over on SteamDB.
They would need to make the player character reflect on RT reflections. That would help a lot...

I am absolutely not surprised, because personally i prefer the devs taking their time with
it, when we get a update that lifts CP77 closer to the 2018 demo showcase / vision.

So i ll say it again, take your time CDPR, even if it means we see the update next year.
Make all the testing that is needed, to make sure all features work as intented.

On top of that, do not stress yourself out, yet again, take all the time you need
so we as video game players can enjoy CP77 even more
I've said this before and I will say it again: Your satement would hold if the game was still in production and it does hold for the expansion. It does not though, for the patches, as it is unlikely they are still testing features they have developed in May for example. As far as CDPR is concerned, it is very likely that those features (or fixes) are considered done and bug-free.

The "only" thing they are doing now is adding new fixes and perhaps features. As I have stated in my previous post, it might be the case that CDPR wants to get a set of features done before 1.6 is released, which would require sufficient testing, I still argue that the quality of the final product would have been the same if we had seen a patch release in May/June without those features.

I argue that those additional bug fixes would have been welcome (Brendan, the vending machine anyone?) and work on new features could have been continued regardless.

Thus, when patches are concerned I am not patient, whereas I am quite patient with actual releases (game, expansion).

I can praise the 1.5 patch for adding what it did, but given that the launch was 1 1/2 years ago or so,
I was release in February, which was six months ago not eighteen...

Yeah I’m not expecting much tbh at this point 1.5 was a decent patch and I figure if 1.6 is at least comparable to it then it will be a good enough patch.At this point Transmog/NG+ are important but I want more Clothing,Weapons,Cars,Cyberware”For Melee/Quickhack builds” and of course more gigs/missions and if they continue to improve the Romances with more texts and stuff that would be mint as well.
Here’s hoping it’s a substantial/Large patch I’m hoping it adds quite a lot of content.
Same. More stuff for my V to become a netrunner badass...and also gimme more stuff with Kerry please! I did download a romance enhancement mod, but I want more via a patch, like anything romance related that was taken out. Would be preem!
Let's not forget that CDPR has destaffed the Cyberpunk 2077 team quite substantially and while progress will still be made the time of large patches if definitely behind us. Expect smaller fixes and additions....

It's funny how much the look of my clothes mean to me, even though there is generally not a 3rd person perspective. I'm the sort of player who enjoys looking at V in the mirror - and, of course, you also see V when riding a motorcycle or checking their inventory (something I do a lot).
Me as well. When equipping gear I am first, second and third considering looks.... Stats do play a role as well though :LOL:

On today's stream, Lilayah mentioned something like that then when is Cyberpunk stream, they will not mention anything about Cyberpunk's future. So most likely they will not even play 1.6 / 1.8 version.

On today's stream, @Lilayah mentioned something like that then when is Cyberpunk stream, they will not mention anything about Cyberpunk's future. So most likely they will not even play 1.6 / 1.8 version.
Not surprising, since they already said (almost at each streams) that they won't make any announcement (not specially cyberpunk, but whatever the game) during the "20th anniversary streams".

On today's stream, @Lilayah mentioned something like that then when is Cyberpunk stream, they will not mention anything about Cyberpunk's future. So most likely they will not even play 1.6 / 1.8 version.
Interesting, this would contradict my earlier statement of 1.6 being announced/release alongside the respective anniversary stream. The next likely date would then the at the release of Cyberpunk: Edgerunners on 31th of August (two weeks).

Interesting, this would contradict my earlier statement of 1.6 being announced/release alongside the respective anniversary stream. The next likely date would then the at the release of Cyberpunk: Edgerunners on 31th of August (two weeks).
Edgerunners comes out on September 13th.
uz3cVPn1-wEAfYZnPAvzHtsfxk9Erpq-ElcZwVbHuZY.png

Post automatically merged:

On today's stream, Lilayah mentioned something like that then when is Cyberpunk stream, they will not mention anything about Cyberpunk's future. So most likely they will not even play 1.6 / 1.8 version.
That disappointing especially presumably so close to the next major patch. Also, 1.6/1.8 aren't the same thing. That 1.8 is a fake leak, it's just 1.6.

Honestly I get keeping the cards close to the vest and all but total radio silence isn’t exactly a good thing either because it allows the players expectations to constantly grow and grow CDPR needs to know when they need to rip off the band aid so to speak cause as upset/disappointed the players will be if they divulge all the details of the Updates/Patch and it isn’t what the want it’s even worse clamming up and letting the players expectations grow unchecked.

So unfortunately they are essentially damned if they do and damned if they don’t it’s a shitty situation tbh.

I’m sure the disaster that befell CP2077 won’t happen again especially not to The Witcher 4 because The Witcher Franchise is for all intents or purposes is their Primary IP and their most popular/successful IP with the Cyberpunk Franchise being the secondary IP.

Last edited:
Honestly I get keeping the cards close to the vest and all but total radio silence isn’t exactly a good thing either because it allows the players expectations to constantly grow and grow CDPR needs to know when they need to rip off the band aid so to speak cause as upset/disappointed the players will be if they divulge all the details of the Updates/Patch and it isn’t what the want it’s even worse clamming up and letting the players expectations grow unchecked.

So unfortunately they are essentially damned if they do and damned if they don’t it’s a shitty situation tbh.

Which then turns into "leaks" and then they get pissed off at the devs because X,Y and Z was never going to be in the patch in the first place.

Edgerunners comes out on September 13th.
Thanks, I did some quick googling of "cyberpunk edgerunners release date" and I got 31th August as a result. I didn't check it any further, so thanks for the clarification.

Word!

I’m sure the disaster that befell CP2077 won’t happen again especially not to The Witcher 4 because The Witcher Franchise is for all intents or purposes is their Primary IP and their most popular/successful IP with the Cyberpunk Franchise being the secondary IP.
Honestlly, I would love if Cyberpunk becomes their primary IP for the time being, just because I have spent so much time in The Witcher already and I think the Cyberpunk world also has much to offer. That being said, I think the game after Witcher 3 would have been released in the same state regardless of the chosen IP as there have been many other contributing factors.

Anyway, I'm looking forward as to what CDPR has to offer in the future! 😊

Thanks, I did some quick googling of "cyberpunk edgerunners release date" and I got 31th August as a result. I didn't check it any further, so thanks for the clarification.

Word!

Honestlly, I would love if Cyberpunk becomes their primary IP for the time being, just because I have spent so much time in The Witcher already and I think the Cyberpunk world also has much to offer. That being said, I think the game after Witcher 3 would have been released in the same state regardless of the chosen IP as there have been many other contributing factors.

Anyway, I'm looking forward as to what CDPR has to offer in the future! 😊

Yeah, I don't know why Google says the 31st.

Honestly I get keeping the cards close to the vest and all but total radio silence isn’t exactly a good thing either because it allows the players expectations to constantly grow and grow.
And you will have exclusively players to blame for that should it happen.
Personally I'm actually surprised how much this thread (and threads like it) get renewed with someone pulling a ghost of a sliver of information from somewhere which can mean anything in between zippo and release confirmed.
You people appear to speculate too much about if/when/how 1.6 comes if you ask me, driving yourselves crazy with anticipation in the proces (or the lack thereof)
CDPR needs to know when they need to rip off the band aid so to speak cause as upset/disappointed the players will be if they divulge all the details of the Updates/Patch and it isn’t what the want it’s even worse clamming up and letting the players expectations grow unchecked.
I disagree. And I think 2020 spells exactly the reasons why.
It has been stated time and time again CDPR cant win in those scenarions because either way they get fried over a hot fire for it, all over the internet. If that message is not clear even to this day then I dont know what to say.
Exactly

With respect, but that means nothing.
If the stars align again in the same way as what happened for cyberpunk, ie: release prematurely when the game simply isn't done, then it matters not what name it carries, it will be roasted above the same fires.
I would have believed you if you said: they wont let it happen again with any of their future titles because cyberpunk was a major learning moment. But saying it wouldn't happen with witcher, because witcher... Thats dumb.

Which then turns into "leaks" and then they get pissed off at the devs because X,Y and Z was never going to be in the patch in the first place.
My point exactly.
Again, simply look back at the original release of CP77, and revisit how certain patch highlights were treated when they shared those. Examples being 1.3 and 1.5

I'm guessing on a release of 1.6 sometime between gemescom (28th August) and Edgerunners premiere, when the interest in the IP will be high again.

've said this before and I will say it again: Your satement would hold if the game was still in production and it does hold for the expansion. It does not though, for the patches, as it is unlikely they are still testing features they have developed in May for example.

On the contrary, what i said counts now more than ever. Because of the botched launch and missing features of CP77
compared to the vision we saw 2018 within those 50mins. What i wrote, is now even more important.
The Dev Team should take all the time they need to make this as bug free as possible, i suspect or rather lets say
i hope the next updates will bring CP77 to the level we saw 2018, by bringing back missing features and interaction.
But that is just me, nevertheless what ever changes are made, even if the game is finished, i do say the devs need
and should take all the time for this, because (as you may or may not remember) overworking your staff in the AAA
game development is a common practice and a massive problem.

"Fans" demanding the launch ain t helping either, you saw what a mess CP77 was because of the decision made in the last
year of development, now fixing that mess takes time. So yes i am absolutely not surprised. 1.5 was the first big patch
that brought CP77 to "launch" state aka the state it should ve been in december 2020. When new features are now
implemented with 1.6 CD Projekt Red should and must make sure they work as intented.
This takes time, devs should take all the time they need.

On the contrary, what i said counts now more than ever. Because of the botched launch and missing features of CP77
compared to the vision we saw 2018 within those 50mins. What i wrote, is now even more important.
Please, can you enlighten me on what is present on the video and is not in the current game?
(Something really important, not just "Jackie drive a Quadra Vtec and a bike in the release version" or the hacking that the voiceover specifies that it is under development and that this functionality will probably change)
To be sure we're talking about the same 2018 Gameplay video (because I'm never sure that we've saw the same gameplay reveal^^) :

Please, can you enlighten me on what is present on the video and is not in the current game?

Sure thing,
loyality Systems for Shops, never made sense to me that you trust every Ripperdoc in the city
rather would make more sense to just buy the tech and let Vic do the operation

Humanity Loss when installing Cyberware is another system that is missing.

Actual car chases (still missing) not talking about the scripted ones)
NPC interaction as shown when V wakes up with a stranger, not in the game
going to party and burn some money, not possible aka interacting with the City
and all the clubs, strip clubs, minigames that are SHOWN but not useable (vanilla)

It seems not important, but thos things would give the game quite more depth
ake Night City itself.

Factions of the game do not come after you, when you cross them.
Streetcred system is missing for the most part too...
You only can read about your "rise" in the UI/Journal, but you don t see it...
Mercs in the Afterlife don t recognize you, even if you become a regular.

Many of thos things were either shown or hinted at in the 2018 Demo
thats why many ( me included still hold it to CDPR)

Oh also the netrunning we see cut, instead we got the minigame, which is not bad
but IMO Deus Ex did better.

Another feature that got cut was Wallrunning (many seem to miss that) not missing that one
myself.

More Cutscenes as shown aka as many requested Third person perspective
Personally i like the first person view, but it does not work completely throughout
the game, during the sex scenes for example, simply doesn t work, because the
control is taken away from the player, but making those interactive would blow the
Pegi 18+ rating. So unterstandable, but the awkwardness of your romance interest staring into
your eyes stays >^^<

i presume thats enough? I guess at first glance those things don t seem important. But in summary
Night City wouldn t only LOOK awesome it would also FEEL aweosme with some depth to it.

Sure thing,
I rewatch the video, because you make me doubt (but correct me, if I miss it^^) :)
So :
Humanity Loss when installing Cyberware is another system that is missing.
Never presented this feature in the video
Actual car chases (still missing) not talking about the scripted ones)
The only "car chase" presented is a scripted one too and I would say that is almost a "copy/paste" with the one that with currently have in the game while driving to the apartment after the rescue.
NPC interaction as shown when V wakes up with a stranger, not in the game
going to party and burn some money, not possible aka interacting with the City
and all the clubs, strip clubs, minigames that are SHOWN but not useable (vanilla)

It seems not important, but thos things would give the game quite more depth
ake Night City itself.

Factions of the game do not come after you, when you cross them.
Streetcred system is missing for the most part too...
You only can read about your "rise" in the UI/Journal, but you don t see it...
Mercs in the Afterlife don t recognize you, even if you become a regular.

Many of thos things were either shown or hinted at in the 2018 Demo
thats why many ( me included still hold it to CDPR)
Don't see that in the video too :(
In the video, V never visit the afterlife, nothing about StreetCred, V never interacted with minigames, never went in a Strip Club,...
I agree, it would be better with more interaction with Night City, but you can't say that features was presented in the video. The gameplay, quests and even the dialogues are almost those which we have in the game.

For cutscenes, I believe that even if it was intended to add some here and there, they push their original idea at max :
"Cyberpunk 2077 is a first person role playing game. This perspective enables us to maximize your immersion."
It's only my opinion, but I think that it's a good choice... It's always akward to switch from a first person view to a third one for dialogues/cinematics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom