Anyone know if "Eating Gourmet Food" Brain Dance Exist in the game world of 2077?

+
I was thinking about how some characters get malnutrition from too much brain dance sessions and it occured to me that maybe this society have not actually lost the knowledge of eating REAL steak and chicken dinners because of BD? Or did the yummy animals die off too fast before someone thought to do BD of such a thing?

Even so are there ZERO cows left in 2077? is it impossible for even the super rich Studies that tried to make the Passion BD to get one of the last cows in existence from some trillionaire's private collection of farm animals to make a steak dinner BD?

According to R. Talsorian games there were several crisis that led to current situation, which has actually improved in 2077 from 2020 when scop was all there was for most people. There's more to that at the Mad Queen Show here (time stamped).

In 2077 cloned animals exist but you need to be super rich and need to know about certain things to have something like that on your plate. What comes to things like chicken remember the anti-avian act, virus. Then corpos through media kept spinning it so people would be just happy to eat what they have. So that's pretty much all I can say without going to spoilers, but chances are that if you see someone preparing something like chicken, it's because they knew something corpos don't necessarily want general public to know.

to paraphrase Zhora in Blade Runner
' you think I'd be working in a place like this if I could afford a real..steak ?'

Fun fact that you may not know if you're European.

In old cyberpunk novel Islands in the Net (1988) by Bruce Sterling, there were some characters who avoided eating anything that wasn't processed somehow. I didn't think much of that and neither how things are in Cyberpunk 2077 but by listening to R. Talsorian games, I don't recall if this was Mike Pondsmith or J. Gray, I learned actual history that inspired the genre and settings.

Sometimes during '50s in the US there started to be this new culture, that food made in lab was somehow better, that it was somehow cleaner and corporations liked to ride on that image. "Carrots are awful, they grow them in dirt!" So history of foods like TV-diners filled with sugar and corn syrup and who knows what comes from there and that inspired genre authors.

Top Bottom