Anyone noticed the amount of open [locked] doors?

+
Anyone think that it might be accessible in the future or is it just there for show like a "false" option because there are so many doors where it says open [locked]
I don't know if you need a skill too unlock them since i stopped playing leveling up, just hopping into the game whenever new patch is out too see how it is..

kind regards
VK

Attachments

• locked.jpg
    locked.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 581
They could be possible expansion things? But when I check on the minimap those doors primarily leads to nothing.

Anyone think that it might be accessible in the future or is it just there for show like a "false" option because there are so many doors where it says open [locked]
I don't know if you need a skill too unlock them since i stopped playing leveling up, just hopping into the game whenever new patch is out too see how it is..

kind regards
VK
CDPR kept bragging about the city verticality. That you'll be able to explore almost any building up to the top floors.
False advertisement as usual as 98% of the city is locked. Even GTA V has more places to enter than this game...

Well, there's a perk in the Body attribute which allows you to open locked doors. Not just a Body Stat thing, but an actual perk. I haven't tried it yet as I just acquired it but I'll give it a go and see if it makes anything more accessible.

I am very sympathetic to your words.
I think the map is wide and the structure of the building is pretty good.
But most of them are not buildings, they are just blocks of stones that cannot be entered.
I think this is also one factor that severely damages the degree of freedom of cyberpunk.

Yeah its just odd that majority of doors does not have "open [locked] option on it. But going around the city many other doors have which makes me think did CDPR cut these interiors out of these buildings too desperately make the game run on consoles better? There many absurd methods used too increase performance like distance.. you don't notice it only the moment you look up " distance mod on nexus " and comparing the before & after and the amount of details hiding from the players until you're 5-10 meters then details start too pop up.. now with these doors its just fishy yknow

Ive explored almost the entire map from ground up...cant enter in the buildings,cant enter doors...like 90% of exploration is all closed...look a large building...cant enter that...all shops have signs sayimg open 24h but then...bam,closed...

Ive explored almost the entire map from ground up...cant enter in the buildings,cant enter doors...like 90% of exploration is all closed...look a large building...cant enter that...all shops have signs sayimg open 24h but then...bam,closed...

Yeah i am more of like thinking now that CDPR cut majority of the interiors too increase game performance for the consoles and "maybe" add it back in the future.. as they said "next gen version would come next year" who knows. lets hope for a good statement from CDPR after holiday

Dont think it will happen...they will fix the bugs and move kn to dlcs,ading stuff that people want...i dont see interiors being aded to the game...well i see but not from cdproject red,but from us modders...

Anyone have a link to cdpr stating the city will be 100% exploitable? The premise is ridiculous that a console game is supposed to be filled with explorable buildings with no other purpose.

This complaint would just move the goal post if they did do that, next it would be, "why are apartments locked, why can't we enter every apartment and look around for no real reason "

Well, there's a perk in the Body attribute which allows you to open locked doors. Not just a Body Stat thing, but an actual perk. I haven't tried it yet as I just acquired it but I'll give it a go and see if it makes anything more accessible.

Doesn't work on those doors. That perk is simply a skill check for specific doors, much like hacking some nodes, etc.. requires a certain level to do so.

The doors that are 'locked' and give a red error stating they can't be opened, can't be opened. They may lead to areas for specific quests, or are placeholders for future content, but it's all speculation at this point.

Anyone have a link to cdpr stating the city will be 100% exploitable? The premise is ridiculous that a console game is supposed to be filled with explorable buildings with no other purpose.

This complaint would just move the goal post if they did do that, next it would be, "why are apartments locked, why can't we enter every apartment and look around for no real reason "
They never said that it will be 100% exploitable. But they talked about vertical exploration and that they won't just make empty buildings. I couldn't find that interview, but I'll post an article on it.

All those buildings with locked doors should have been explorable. But they cut the content(probably because it's not finished). Just think for a few minutes of the insane amount of cut content, and I'm not just talking about buildings. The game we got is at best 20% of what we should have got.

I bet that most bugs were created by eliminating mechanics from the game. These mechanics were designed to work together. They removed part of them in a hurry and patched some workarounds and did not have time to do regression testing.

Last edited:
I have noticed those too, I'm sure they are locked to prepare the game for launch; positive all those places will be explorable after future content release.

If you ever played more than one video game, you may notice that level design doesn't always tries to create endless world, but aims for a more or less believable illusion of a playable are, that is a small fraction in a bigger world, by placing walls and other limits that look like natural barriers. A wall with eternally locked door is one of such believable barriers. It is a one of ends of playable area, but it creates an illusion of a bigger world, because our brains assume that there must be something beyond the door.

Literally every building that looks like a brothel has locked doors. Some of them however have windows and you can see inside. They are not empty and there is stuff inside. What that stuff is you can only imagine.

But did you also notice that spicy ads on walls change once you enter photo mode? Yeah.... all kinds of fun stuff to find....

YES, it is not cool that we find tons of door which are forever locked. I mean, it should exist in the game world BUT NOT so often.

kind regards
VK
You MAY be onto something, the amount of doors in that status is rather strange, but honestly it'd take a lot of time to put some sensible content for each door and department, unless you're fine with finding stripteasing robots behind every closed door rofl, just give it some time, who knows where things can go from here atm ;)

I find it more strange that normally in a game when a door is un-openable it has no label whatsoever. You even find unlabeled doors in this game, as in you walk up to it and get nothing, like it's a blank wall. There's code for all those doors for some reason, they are just set to a static "closed" variable (for now ;) )

Top Bottom