Anyone playing with an SSD on ps4?

+
Anyone playing with an SSD on ps4?

I know the ps4 cannot take full advantage of SSD's, but also that load times and such can be improved. However I was reading a post on reddit, where a user has been playing on ps4 with an SSD and he hasn't "noticed" framerate issues, even in the bog. But then he was at a friends house and saw the game running on the stock hdd. He said the performance difference was night and day, that the stock drive had not only more framerate issues but also more noticeable pop in.

Perhaps in a game that streams data from the drive, like Witcher 3, SSD gains are more noticeable. Can anyone confirm or deny that this is the case?Thanks.

If you read many posts in regards to PS4 and hard drives the best on for it are hybrid drives that have an RPM of 7200. You would get the best all round in terms of load times and you will save a chunk of money. It also depends whether or not your playing a disc copy or digital copy too. I would recommend an SSHD above SSD for the PS4, performance wise they're pretty much the same and in some cases the SSHD's are faster (I think this is more to do with the PS4's hardware setup). a good 1TB SSHD will be absolutely perfect and save you a good few hundred.

I don't know about PS4s, but I originally installed Witcher 3 on my SSD and then I had to move it to my HDD due to disk space limitations. I've noticed absolutely zero difference in loading times and performance.

Top Bottom