Anyone reading manga around here?

+
Hmm. I should check it out.

I read it from time to time. I was re-reading Eden, recently. So good.

Hmm. I should check it out.

I read it from time to time. I was re-reading Eden, recently. So good.

Dorohedoro is cyberpunk with magic (actually powder and mutant stuff with absurd properties) to replace the cyber, making it urban fantasy. I'm surprised this isn't a tv show or something since it has a very, very strong cult around. Q Hayashida, the woman behind Doroheroro, was also Nihei's assistant during Blame times and they obviously share the gritty sketchy traits in drawing.

Last edited:
People who don't have a clue what they are talkiing about, really just shouldn't talk in the first place.

manga artists really need to learn how to draw hair and faces.

I share the feeling of wisdom. I know where you come from, the thought that everyone outside manga readers has about the "drawing style": big eyes, small mouths, pointy noses and ridiculous hairstyles. The thing is manganime is NOT A drawing style, it's an industry and a tradition in comics that encompasses a lot of different currents, styles and authors, and also demographics and genres.
I'll show you some of the radically different ways in which manga artists draw so that you can decide if they all need to learn how to draw hair and faces.
Takumi Nagayasu
Naoki Urasawa
Katsuhiro Otomo
Kentaro Miura
Masamune Shirow
Oku Hiroya
Yakehiko Inoue

You could say mangas and animes are like an art movement with its own elements in drawing, making the first ones different from your average disney animation thing even when they are supposed to be realistic. They also tend to absorb anything from different cultures and japanize them a bit but that probably has to do with economic reasons and competition.
ew typos

Last edited:
I always have mixed feelings about recommending the gits manga because the movie itself is more than competent at provinding the same ideas with less efforts and the SAC animes top them all anyway.

Also comics here.
http://dresdencodak.com/archives/

Uhm, I heard cool things about these comics but I'm on my way to finish HOB and things get weird all of a sudden. It's getting to Eden level of wtf

Last edited:
So, Edge of Tomorrow got a surprisingly high percentage (at least for me) on Rotten Tomatoes . I'm planning to read either the book of the manga of All you need is Kill from which the movie was adapted but honestly I never read light novels (not even Humanity Has Declined) and this sounds like otaku's coming of age crap. Let me now if this is actually worth anyone's time

Last edited:
Top Bottom