Anyone saw the Hexer ?

+
Anyone saw the Hexer ?

SO I was curious and had to get the Hexer, Polish version with english subs on the web....Got it yesterday and was kinda excited but turned out prety disappointing imo... looked ilke a low budget film I expected much moremaybe it was the foreign language (First time ever i hear Polish heh) donnoAnyone saw it? What were your impressions ?

the same impresions as yours. This movie had a budget circa about 8 mln USD and believie me it COULD be better. Movie didn't have any script (only tv series)!!! Polish movies are making in the cheapest way. The unused money is grabbing by movie producents. There is a lot of rumours in Poland that the producent of this movie embezzled huge money in that way. In addition, this producer is in prison now ;).

yathe actor playing Geralt looked like he had some raw potential though..They actualy know how to make good movies in Eastern europe though... only need decent budget and will..take for example the Brilliant Russian trilogy of Night watch & Day watch (still waiting on the 3rd sequel).. These are of the best movies I have seen since Lotr...Really great work. awesome movies.I hear the Hexer TV series was runing for 2-3 seasons in Poland and was actually a LOT better then the movie..Anyone knows where I can find the Series? so far I could onyl find the movie...

fgrobste said:
I hear the Hexer TV series was runing for 2-3 seasons in Poland and was actually a LOT better then the movie..
Indeed TV series was a lot better but it still wasn't good enough :-\The movie and series could be much much much better if they focused on one or two of the short stories instead of whole volume.It had great potential but the script was made by some guy who newer wrote a script before and the result is as you can see :(If you want to know more about the Witcher then try books and game. It's a waste of time to search for the movie and TV series.

Yes it would be nice to see new better movie about witcher... Maybe The Hexer Enhanced Edition ;)The only thing I liked in this movie was make-up of actors (i.e. Żebrowski looked almost the way I imagined Geralt).Here are some screenshots if you like to see it your own eyes ;)http://www.stopklatka.pl/film/film.asp?fi=2705&sekcja=galeriaUnfortunately I couldn't find any screenshot of the Golden Dragon so you know how a dragon shouldn't look like :p But I have it on DVD so I decided to make some on my own: The best line in the film is when the dragon appears and Jaskier (the bard, I'm not sure if he was caled the same in English versin...) said: 'He is so beautiful.'. I just couldn't stop laughing (especially after screenshot 2) :p

ausir

Forum veteran
The Hexer/Witcher movie is the whole 13-hour TV series cut down into one 1.5-hour movie. The series is better, but not much, and both are generally hated by most Sapkowski fans.
I hear the Hexer TV series was runing for 2-3 seasons in Poland and was actually a LOT better then the movie..
There was only one, 13-episode season. And it's still not very good, although at least more coherent than the movie (the movie was made by cutting down the series).
In addition, this producer is in prison now
I think he's out now already.

Im see all 13 series. I'm think this is great to create movie of The witcher saga, and in all series you find episodes wat look boring, bet real fan of The witcher find this movie great. In my eyes this 13 series looks intresting and greats. I'm be waiting in futher new The witcher movie saga

There is no use in watching The Witcher movie - low budget cause poor special effects and rubber monsters. The tv series was a bit better but still I don't recommend watching. I hope that some day a right crew will make a far better movie - and I hope that it won't take place in Poland because polish cinematography is on very low level ;/

I hope that someone with bigger budget and much more talented will try to direct better Hexer :]. Btw. you know what's in my avatar?Anwser -> Witcher in an armour from the movie. It always makes me laugh :).

Saw the Hexer and main problem wasn't budget, but script - scenarist had probably no idea what he was doing, neither was director. There is like a dzilion mistakes and contradictions (vs books) made. I'm not extreme-hardcore-books fan (just 50% of that ;)) but TV series/movie is resembling to some kind of parody.

Well, first of all Poland is not in the eastern europe but in the middle europe, second of all, unfortunetely the movie is shit. It was made by people who did'nt know what they ware doing and the budget was low aswell, 2 mln USD as i recall. I have no idea why the producers decided to make any movie with such a low budget, especialy The Witcher movie. Like I said , dont't even dare to watch the movie, nevertheless you may try to wath the TV-Series, with are well not very good but watchable if you will not pay much attention to the low-quality special effects. ;)

Like others said, the movie was a complete failure. And I totally agree with Ausir, the budget was least of the problems. To be honest, it's not worth watching. The only good point, I think, was the cast. Geralt was played quite nice, and so was Yennefer and Borch. Zamachowski as Dandelion was really a perfect choice. Just as I imagined him. Though Ciri was terrible. I don't know where they've got this annoying little girl (maybe the producers family?), but she sounded terribly artificial.

I watched the Hexer after reading The Last Wish. The movie is closely based upon the book. The interesting thing about both movie and book is they are a collection of short stories about Geralt's life (and the life of a Witcher); his internal struggle to have a semblance of human life and friends in a world that sees him as mercenary moster killer in a world in which the line between monsters and man's inhuman treatment of his fellow man is blurred; a world where the the monsters of old are just fairy tales. The edler races are fading in the face of power hungry men, and Geralt sees his own life changing as well.Although I noticed the overall quality of the Hexer wasn't up to holiday standards, the story was entertaining, and helped give me some real incite into the charcter of Geralt. I have made several suggestions to the team at CDProject that I think would help bring the game more in line with the original character and environment - hopes they would be encouraged to contiue expanding this great game! There are many possible mods and expansion for the game. I strongly recommend both book and movie to all Witcher enthusiasts (we should get a discount!). Perhaps CDProject could add them to their internet sales for easy access.

Does anyone know any links to watching the movie or tv series on the net? Also, is it in english? And if not, are there subtitles in english?

Bad213Boy said:
Does anyone know any links to watching the movie or tv series on the net? Also, is it in english? And if not, are there subtitles in english?
If you read the book, better don't watch it. :dead:

SNGOutcast said:
If you read the book, better don't watch it. :dead:
But if you really (on your own responsibility ;) ) want to watch TV Series it is aired on TVP Polonia (it should be ending some time soon but it is aired from time to time). TVP Polonia is a Polish chanel available internationally through satelite (don't know which one :p ) and The Witcher is with Polish voice acting and English subtitles (not the best translation I've seen :-\ ).

In my opinion i think the serie is underrated. But so far i have only seen the first episodes, maybe i change my mind later on.Ok, so the budget is limited, some of the actors ain't that perfect etc... But to be frank I don't care that much in that... And truth be told, do we really need the best result to enjoy The witcher and it's world? Yes it could be alot better, and compared to the books it's not even close, but I still feel that people are too negative about the serie so they don't see those little things in it that makes you smile.I enjoy the whole consept and then I don't mind that much if some of the fights are not that awesome, if some of the actors are not that brilliant and if some of the special effects are not that magnificent. I still really enjoy watching it and can probably watch it several times after I've seen all the episodes. Guess I'm just a sucker for Witcher :angel:

Juuuhan said:
I enjoy the whole consept and then I don't mind that much if some of the fights are not that awesome, if some of the actors are not that brilliant and if some of the special effects are not that magnificent. I still really enjoy watching it and can probably watch it several times after I've seen all the episodes. Guess I'm just a sucker for Witcher :angel:
I haven't seen the series yet, but since I adore The Witcher, I should make time to see The Hexer. Thanks for reminding me about it!

Top Bottom