Anyone sick of Brouver/Ciri yet?

+
There is a balance patch coming up soon I think. I'm sure if some cards are absolutely broken OP there might be small hotfixes here and there.

I started not giving GG to ppl using this kind of broken decks. Coin Elves was discovered like 2 months ago and you face it every 3 in 4 matches nowadays! Is the people not getting tired of playing the same abuse over and over and over again?

apoligr10;n10891251 said:
I started not giving GG to ppl using this kind of broken decks. Coin Elves was discovered like 2 months ago and you face it every 3 in 4 matches nowadays! Is the people not getting tired of playing the same abuse over and over and over again?

I don't think they'll get tired of it until they get tired of winning. That's all that matters to some people.

Top three things I'm sick of:

1) Wardancers in round 1 on the blue coin (not nearly as bad on the red coin)
2) Imlerith: Sabbath when I haven't drawn my hate cards
3) Getting the blue coin + opponent has drawn spy while I have not

Stuff all three of these things, seriously. Ughhhhhhhh.

On the other hand, I'm not sick of Ciri: Nova and don't perceive her as a problem.

Last edited:
It really bothers me people continue to play this. Same with dwarves before they got nerfed.. Have you no shame. I play a different deck each night and that is getting old quick, fun, but gwent is just stale as old bread right now especially with this latest faction challenge. Even if winning does it not get old playing these broken decks?

TBH there's not that much fun left in Gwent if you're playing constructed.
As somebody once said:

NOT ME said:
The most fun you get in Ranked now is when you're playing Foltest 40 and you get your opening hand

Ranked for me has just become a succession of playing the same game over and over and over and over (and it's even worse when there's a faction challenge in progress) just against different opponents. I blitz the dailies (max 30mins), then get out.

Don't really have issues with either of those cards but I play at lower ranks. Ciri used to be an issue before I started teching against stronger cards. I actually used to run Ciri (before you get all high and mighty it was in a fun, elven themed deck which wasn't strong and needed a finisher which wasn't even good at the time due to all removal) and it wasn't that good because of the high point meta where people ran removal.

But in a world where bear or greatsowrd spam is a thing, Ciri is the least of the game's problems. And it'll be like that for a while. It's just playing against the same decks but when people have limited options it's what we'll see until things change. And even then some decks will be better than others.

Just take a break. Come back after the major overhaul and see how things are then. Nothing else you can do really. The only way I feel like playing this game is if I run NG alchemy for all the removal and I'm tired of that same deck, so I don't really play.

Ciri: Nova? I grew quite weary of that card ages ago. Personally, I'd say Blinky has outstayed her welcome.

Jeydra;n10891431 said:
Top three things I'm sick of:

1) Wardancers in round 1 on the blue coin (not nearly as bad on the red coin)
2) Imlerith: Sabbath when I haven't drawn my hate cards
3) Getting the blue coin + opponent has drawn spy while I have not

Stuff all three of these things, seriously. Ughhhhhhhh.

On the other hand, I'm not sick of Ciri: Nova and don't perceive her as a problem.

I don't understand your problem with wardancers in round 1.

I don't have a problem with Ciri: Nova. It's just a number, a big number but just a number nonetheless. There are plenty of other cards (not even golds) that bring more value in certain scenarios. I don't think it needs a nerf.

StrykerxS77x;n10892471 said:
I don't understand your problem with wardancers in round 1.

See the Wardancer thread somewhere else in this forum. In a nutshell, they prevent a round 1 drypass and practically force some decks to go down 2 cards (and then get Wardancered again in round 2 ...).

Scumatel swarm is an abomination, elvenscouts should be removed from ranked and warduncer made ambush.

Jeydra;n10893381 said:
See the Wardancer thread somewhere else in this forum. In a nutshell, they prevent a round 1 drypass and practically force some decks to go down 2 cards (and then get Wardancered again in round 2 ...).

Ohhhhh I never even thought of this because I never care about dry passing in round 1. I don't really see why anyone would care so much about doing that.

TheNotoriousThree;n10894321 said:
Sick of seeing it in casual, but basically any other tier 1 deck aswell though. In ranked I don't mind at all.

I made a Nilfgaard Soldier fun deck (not competitive) for Casual...just to have fun. My matchups: 2 Alchemy, 1 Brouver Shupe, 1 Eithne, 1 Greatswords, 1 Brouver Elven Swarm, 1 NG Soldiers. 7 matches 5 Tier 1 decks. No fun. Why do Rank 20-21 people play T1 decks in Casual?

StrykerxS77x;n10894221 said:
Ohhhhh I never even thought of this because I never care about dry passing in round 1. I don't really see why anyone would care so much about doing that.

Because if you're playing a slow engine deck (e.g. Axemen) your first few turns are going to be very low tempo, which means you'll easily be out-tempoed, which means the disadvantage of the blue coin is particularly dangerous. Many decks can force you down two cards. Hence you drypass round 1 on the blue coin. Wardancers wreck this plan and is very discouraging, since all you have to see is 1) Wardancer 2) blue coin and you know you'll probably lose before a single card is played.

See description of a typical game in such a scenario: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...s-wardancer-a-problem?p=10887421#post10887421.

Top Bottom